It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:25 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 9:01 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I was a bit stumped when I noticed, for the first time, there is no "Websites" forum on this board. I'm not really trying to start a discussion here; just directing anyone who might be interested to an article I wrote for my brother's online fanzine:

Kids' TV Shows I Grew Up With: Kids' TV of the 1990s

In it, I briefly discuss Extreme Ghostbusters, plus three other shows some people around here may or may not have watched. I never knew I could be so interesting about Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

The fanzine is about a fantasy gameshow thing called Knightmare that my brother is obsessed with, but there are plenty of interesting articles of this nature about other children's television shows. Some of them were written by a guy I can't stand (my brother reads out his e-mails to me just so he can laugh at my reactions); but this one, written by the man himself (my brother again) takes a very interesting look at how kids' TV has been so much dumbed down in recent years - I'd recommend a look.

Happy New Year! :D

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 6:06 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
I think part of it is that the networks are trying to appeal to everybody, not offend anybody, and are so scared of the FCC and parents' groups that it's just gotten insane. Sad, really. Plus, there's the fact that kids have much more choices now than even in the 80's (video games, cable, computers) that they really don't care about Saturday morning TV anymore. I myself used to watch a LOT of TV, but the four shows I now watch regularly (Simpsons, Family Guy, Extreme Makeover and Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?) can all be watched online if I miss them due to work. Maybe kids are doing that, too.