It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:00 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: I NEED YOUR VOTE!!!
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2008, 3:21 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

I'm in a contest called Small Press Idol with our very own Ben King, in which we get a chance to get a comic published. But, to do so, I need all of you to go and vote for the project to keep it moving forward (much like American Idol, except without the ear-bleeding)!

So how do you do it? Well, you head on over to DimestoreProductions. com and register for the message boards. It's quick and free to do. Then, you just head to http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/For ... =4171.html and write YES in a reply. It's that simple! I'm only asking for you to do it once, but you CAN go back once every day until voting closes to vote for my project, if you so desire until Midnight on May 4th.

So what is the project?

In this modern world of terror and uncertainty, there is a void that needs to be filled. Technologies Incorporated, also known as TechIn, has stepped up to the challenge of filling that void by proposing the recruitment of the first government-sanctioned team of bonafide superheroes to protect the nation. The proving ground? New York City. With the number of super powered individuals (or, as scientists have come to dub them, Homo provectus) being born increasing every year, and the number of costumed vigilantes already out on the streets, there are no shortage of decent applicants for the plan.

But, the question is: who to recruit?

The answer inadvertently comes when a mercenary group known as The Quartet, four super-powered individuals each with their own specialty, under orders from a mysterious client steals an ancient artifact from a monastery in Tibet and an invention from TechIn itself. These events set the stage to allow the Quartet to cross into the lives of four unique individuals.

Seeing an opportunity, Masako Takashi, CEO of TechIn, orders his top inventor and one of the four, Jason Mae, to recruit them for TechIn’s project. Four ordinary men, seemingly thrown together by fate, are now the first line of defense for the citizens of New York.

They are the NEW YORK HEROES: Chameleon. Arachnid. Azure. The Life Giver. Four men from different walks of life, brought together seemingly by fate. They will become the greatest heroes the city has ever known.

http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/Con ... eroes.html

Creator, writer & editor: Chris Buchner
Penciler: Paul Ritz
Inker: Alex Rivera
Letters: Virginia Mills-Barfield
Finishes: Ben King