It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:47 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Show off your pets!
PostPosted: September 4th, 2010, 10:53 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
An idea I pinched from The Acorn Cafe, where fans of Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers hang out. It's a very active board populated by animal lovers, so I know this thread isn't going to be quite so popular here as it is there. Nevertheless, we may get a few responses. So, let me get the ball rolling with my massive kitty pictures. I'm really sorry about the size of these. I'm not technical and don't know what to do about it!

Anyway, today we got a new scanner, and we got some photos back through the post (we still do a few things the old-fashioned way), and we dug out some old photos too. So, be prepared for lots of kitty pics!

First of all, some snaps of Kim. These were taken the day she came home, and she's grown even since then. I can't believe we've only had her a week - I can hardly remember life without her!

Below is a picture of our last cat, Tommy, and another of Kim - again, the day we brought her home - on the same piece of furniture. Notice the size difference. Kim will grow, of course, but we're just not used to such a small cat! Tommy was a large cat as long as we had him - he was eight when he came to us. He died last year, of old age.

And finally, the young lady in the picture below is not actually mine, but never mind. She came to stay with us for a few days last month. At the time, I hoped she wouldn't be claimed, but we put up notices and her owner called us within a couple of days. I'm glad now. Kim is miles better. We nicknamed this one Alicia; I'm sure you don't care why. I thought some people here might be amused by this picture of her storming my brother's old Castle Grayskull, having already hunted and killed Alvin. She did that a few times. Poor Alvin!

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

Post subject: Re: Show off your pets!
PostPosted: September 4th, 2010, 7:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Lol.."Kim" and "Tommy"? If you had them at the same time, I'd suspect a Power Ranger reference...

Here's ours:

Butterscotch is technically our Mom's dog, but Ogre (that's him almost visible in the picture) does most of the feeding and walkies. She's part Shar Pei, part Beagle, so I call her a "Smeagle", and it amuses our nerd friends.

His full name is Mxyzptlk, after the annoying Fifth Dimensional imp in the Superman comics, but we call him "Mick" for short. He's the noisiest, whiniest cat I've ever seen, but he's hilarious for it.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 5:51 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Fritz wrote:
Lol.."Kim" and "Tommy"? If you had them at the same time, I'd suspect a Power Ranger reference...

Now then, now then. If you cast your mind back to when we were first discussing my ideas about Oscar as he would be in the GBOT universe, you will remember that I know nothing about Power Rangers.

We didn't actually name Tommy ourselves. He was pre-owned, and he was eight when he came to us, so he knew his name and was used to it.

Quote:
His full name is Mxyzptlk, after the annoying Fifth Dimensional imp in the Superman comics...

Wow. You're nerdier than I thought. :P He's gorgeous, but then I've always had a thing for black cats with not even a scrap of white on them (unless he's hiding any?).

I do hope a few other people will come up with some contributions, otherwise I'm going to start feeling like - I don't know - an obsessive over-the-top pet owner or something!

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 8:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
Wow. You're nerdier than I thought. :P He's gorgeous, but then I've always had a thing for black cats with not even a scrap of white on them (unless he's hiding any?).

Well, like Tommy, he was pre-owned; a friend of ours gave him that name. But he is a friend of ours, so the fact that he's that big a nerd shouldn't be a surprise.

Many people have remarked that he is, indeed, the blackest black cat they've ever seen. The only white we've found are about five single hairs on his collar bone, and you can't make those out on the photo.

Interestingly enough, he's sitting here right next to me as a type this, like he knows we're talking about him. :lol:

PostPosted: October 5th, 2010, 10:12 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Libra
I looove pet threads! I am hopefully very soon going to be starting the process to adopt an ex-racer Greyhound for me, and a kitten for my mom. ^_^

PostPosted: December 28th, 2010, 6:17 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

My wife and I can't have pets other than birds or fish in our apartment, and since I hate birds with a passion, we have a fish.

This is Shiny, he's our crown tail betta (also known as the Siamese Fighting Fish). Unlike other males of his species, Shiny's a chicken. Sometimes he's afraid of his own reflection.

It's funny, I never thought a fish would be so entertaining, but this little guy has a lot of personality. He even watches TV, and gets rather opinionated about what's on. We have yet to see how he reacts to Finding Nemo.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2010, 12:57 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
as soon as summer hits I will try to put up my turtles .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: August 29th, 2013, 4:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Threads rising from the grave, but it's my board...

I just posted my very first Youtube video. It's Butterscotch taking Ogre for a walk!

PostPosted: August 30th, 2013, 3:26 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
cool vid Fritz. is that your voice we can hear on the other end of the camera ?

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: August 30th, 2013, 10:08 am 
Administrator
Administrator

jason knetge wrote:
cool vid Fritz. is that your voice we can hear on the other end of the camera ?

Yeah. It's the loudest one because I was holding the camera.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2015, 4:48 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

This is true: my cat lets me know when it's going to snow by asking to be let into the airing cupboard (I always let her) for most of her sleeps. I noticed this a couple of years ago, and then last winter we had no snow at all. Now it's happened again.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3