It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:29 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Leave of Absence
PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 6:17 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I don't know whether anyone has noticed, but I've been silent for quite a while now, and this evening I felt like coming back here with an explanation. Since March, my brother and I have been dealing with the sudden and totally unexpected death of our mother. I'm not sure how much to say about it here. Well, a lot has been going on - emotionally and practically - but here we are still, and the road does seem to be smoothing out for me now.

My involvement with this community seemed to be depleting anyway, so I don't know how active I'm going to be here from now on. I'm not saying I'm going to disappear forever now; nor am I saying I'll be here posting constantly. We shall see.

A lot of bad things have been happening this year, on a larger scale than my tragedy. Most recently, for those of you who have had to suffer the wrath of Hurricane Irene to any degree, my heart goes out to you.

What a downer this post is! Please be assured that I haven't turned into a miserable wreck. If my mother taught me anything, it was how to laugh, and if I ever stop doing that... well, I won't - and I'm sure I'll be back here a few more times at least, with some less depressing things to say.

Love to all my pals out there.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

Post subject: Re: Leave of Absence
PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 9:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I'd noticed you'd been absent, but I know these things happen. This is just a silly site devoted to fictional characters and a fictional word (or more accurately, a customized version of a fictional world). It's meaningless. Real Life wins ever time. I just hoped your absence wouldn't be because of something so bad.

I wish I could come up with something more meaningful than "You have my sympathies and best wishes", but I can't seem to, no matter how hard I try.

But you do have my sympathies and best wishes.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 1:50 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Im really sorry fore your loss. i also know that it feels like to loos a loved one. :(

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 9:27 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
It's been tough the last few years living about anywhere in the world. Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope things get better for you soon.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2011, 1:25 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
So sorry for you tough time -- I'll keep you in my prayers for a brighter and more pleasant future :)

PostPosted: September 1st, 2011, 7:02 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. The bad feelings are never really going to go away, but almost six months after the event, the wounds are no longer raw and I feel pretty much like a human being again. Seems I'm even back here ranting about the old Ghostbusters III thing.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 11:34 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Aries
I am so sorry about your mother. Time heals all wounds but on this one it takes time. Just remember that she will always be with you in your heart. Again I'm sorry. :(

:(

Sometimes in my job I feel just like Janine, over worked and under paid!