It is currently March 18th, 2024, 11:37 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: February 26th, 2012, 8:00 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Wow, I am so glad I caught up with you guys. I walked into GBWC one day and my key didn't work.

Anyhoo, for those of you who don't know...I'm Mike Devicente, self-taught, self-disciplined, self....absorbing *eyeflick* Ghostbuster originally from the Sun City, but I moved out to West Coast to get a tan....That's just a little joke. I'm very intelligent with a highly scientific background in paranormal psychology...and despite what everyone says I'm NOT actually a humongous nerd that eats too much and spends large portions of every mission possessed.

I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. Now, if everyone would mind lining up for a moment, I've got a large supply of frisbee's, coozies, and bottle openers with my picture on them to hand out.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2012, 8:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
mikedevicente wrote:
Wow, I am so glad I caught up with you guys. I walked into GBWC one day and my key didn't work..

We're just being quiet right now. Jason and I both have stuff in the pipeline.

If there's a little more literal truth behind the joke, like you're having trouble logging into our board, just let me know and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Anyway, Welcome to the Ectozone.
:)

PostPosted: February 26th, 2012, 10:53 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Nah, I can log in there just fine. I have an incomplete story of my own to finish and a couple of story ideas as well. It's good to see that one of these sites is still up and around, and hey, maybe there's a fic or two around here which can use my....unique perspective.

PostPosted: February 29th, 2012, 1:11 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
nice to see you man. Sadly I had to put my storys on hold again.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 7:09 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Aries
Hey, if you have some story ideas I could use some. You can check my stuff out at FanFiction.net. I've only posted a few stories, but I have a lot more just haven't had time since I work have a family and go to college. But if you want please check my stuff out.

Sometimes in my job I feel just like Janine, over worked and under paid!

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 11:09 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Where do I find the link?

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 12:27 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
Here she is! Exley's fiction

And this is me in case you are curious enough. A Pale Horse's stuff

Also, Exley, since I haven't been writing a lot lately here's a couple little things I had thought about writing. Just credit if you choose one. :)

Had wanted to novelize the Sphinx, because whatever that was it wasn't a Sphinx. For one it was a dude. Also, why would it be so stupid, going after people who had more potential to solve its riddle? Greed? Arrogance? Not sure on that one. Anyway, the sphinx would be female, Greek, actually devour people, and would use the traditional Greek riddle instead of the one everyone knows. Fun because it requires Greek context to make sense. Also sets up for a fun joke.
Egon: *after viewing a tape in which the riddle is asked on security camera with audio* "Do you know what this means?"
Eduardo: "I dunno, it's all Greek to me..."
Egon: "That's because it IS Greek."
My idea for it was that this sphinx was actually seeking a way to die, but because she cannot die by her own hand she sought out those intellectually gifted to solve her riddle and release her from her mortal coil. Still evil because she EATS people, but a gray area where she just wants to rest. Was probably trapped somewhere for ages and when released was exceptionally hungry. Riddle is required for her to feed, sort of a curse or ward on her kind.

Had wanted to write a big epic story starring Winston as the hero. Crossover with Hellboy. Winston has to stop a renegade avenging angel, and as he is the one who has the most capability for devotion its his bailiwick. Also the other guys totally get their butts whupped so he has to save them on his own and he runs into the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense along the way. Makes for a fun sort of irony since Hellboy is actually a demon. Kind of a detective story because no one knows what the angel looks like. Called it "Losing My Religion" because TITLE ALL THE THINGS AFTER SONGS. I didn't get much down for this one because I needed to read more Hellboy to make it work.

Something sweet about how Roland and Kylie are kind of like big brother/little sister would be nice. See The Grundle for example.

Anything where the abnormal is treated as a domestic problem. Containment unit breach? Oh, that's old hat, let's just weld that shut and go have lunch. Power outage where they cook dinner with a low-frequency proton pack, followed by a long lecture about how doing it too often may lead to cancer. Also please don't stare at the orb on the top shelf, it has a nasty habit of eating your soul. Just ignore it. ...Okay, so I find it funny anyway.

The following is all my notes for a between-series thing I don't think i will ever get around to...Here you go. If you wanna have a go at it and want help let me know, I can edit like a champ. Also worth noting my friend was helping me work out the plot holes, hence the conversational tone.
-----

How Janine reverted back to a semi-original state. She never fully gains back everything she lost.

This should take place over approx. a years period

C1 - first date or something
Skip 6 months

Scratch that, this all takes place six months after JYC

C1 - date and stuff, in midst of series
Slowing business
C2 - After end of series
Forgetful - usual things like where she left her keys, but more often
Ghosts - peaks and valleys (lynx and rabbit populations in Canada) naturally occurring, sped up process leads to unpredictable results.
C3 - Moar date (imply regular occurrence)
Hair darkens a tad
C4 - Figure changes slightly - starts to forget things she normally wouldn’t, like a date on x night
Moar romance
C5 - Height changes minutely
They catch wind of a major paranormal upheaval that’s coming; catch some readings on it. Ray gets the readings and can tell something big is coming, but Egon is too distracted to put it all together.
C6 - We’ll just call this chapter “Verbing the Noun” and leave it blank. HURP DURPUM AWAAAAY.
C7 - Busts are few and far between, but rough, as though only the strongest spooks have evaded capture.
PKE readings begin to drop drastically with each spook they catch.
Is more surprised when Egon touches her
C8 - Despite bringing in more costly calls it gets harder to pay all their bills/repairs/maintenance.
They let Louis go, sorry dude.
C9 - ?????

Her hair changes color subtly. During this time she becomes forgetful.
(Hey, she could also be dyeing the hair. It's not that unusual for a girl to dye her hair.)
True, but in context she’d have had it changed by the fairy godmother I think.
(yes, but it would mean that it would be even more confused: What colour her hair was between the times. I know girls who can't remember their real hair colour....)
Red, just another shade. In EGB her hair is significantly darker than any of the RGB seasons, which I assume would be some of her natural haircolor.

Business slows.
(this is normal. Ghosts are a waveform in time, hey? I can imagine Egon calculating the next big surge, and getting the maths... inconclusive.)

Egon busts his knee on a bust (ha) and has to stay at the firehouse because he’s pretty useless in the field.
(if he does this, Janine by definition needs to either not know, or forget)

Somewhere in here he catches on that she’s forgetting and attempts to back off to prevent interfering with her memory issues.

Eyes were SAPPHIRE BLUE, turned TRUE GREEN, dull to DARK EMERALD but in the process she is blind for about 24 hours.

When the 24 hours is up she has forgotten everything about what happened, the magic has seeped out of her and left her with gaps in her memory. They are filled in with more normal explanations. She dyed her hair, she got it cut, she wore colored contacts for a while and they caused her eyes to hurt and she’s lucky to still see, she got a boob job and got it reversed, she wore platformed heels, she went on a diet that almost proved disastrous. All sorts of things.

The magic used was personality altering and the memory altering that happened to the guys rebounds on her. Her personality is still a little sedated comparatively, and she still suffers from some self image problems, but overall reverts more to original!form rather than godmothered!form.

She forgets everything involving her alterations from the moment she met the fairy godmother. Egon cautions and/or threatens the others with violence if they say a word to her about it. Mostly they fear that the memory change could be massively traumatic, potentially physically as well as mentally. Peter doesn’t agree with this practice at all and thinks they should ease her into it, very slowly. He’s afraid that if they don’t, she’ll fall prey to the same kind of thing again.

Egon digests that a while and comes to the wrong conclusion; that it’s her exposure to them that’s been causing issues and that distancing himself from her may be the only way to save her.

“After, when he’s stopped seeing Janine out of misguided “her own good” reasoning. Busting his knee and permanently wrecking his body made him think, and her temporary blindness made him decide.”

CUE AAAAANGST for both of them. OMG I COULD MAKE THIS SO MUCH WORSE IF THEY’D HOOKED UP IN THE “HOOKED UP” SENSE.

Business stops all together. They get other jobs. Time passes, they move on. Egon keeps in very loose touch with Janine, keeping tabs on her quietly like a FREAKING STALKER---Actually he’s just concerned and still hopelessly in love with her. He doesn’t creep around her bedroom and sniff her panties or anything.

Maybe once. In his dreams.

Stop being a creeper Egon.

Then Darkness at Noon happens and the cycle starts anew. Sort of, there’s a lack of godmother, but a slight hint of self esteem issues for Janine.

---

(Somewhere in this time period Egon got himself bound to the fire station, I believe?)
After, when he’s stopped seeing Janine out of misguided “her own good” reasoning. Busting his knee and permanently wrecking his body made him think, and her temporary blindness made him decide.
(Bloody hell Egon you idiot)
Stupidest genius ever! Megamind shakes his head even.
(He doesn't have a Minion to look after him. You shouldn't knock him, Megs. Just look at poor Wayne.)
XD Minion: “Oh God, TWO? Well, at least this one doesn’t have ADD...”

Egon is the sedated smarts, Megamind is the manic smarts. Egon’s ALMOST depressive sometimes.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 8:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
APaleHorse:

I think you've said you don't read most of my RGB stuff to keep it from "contaminating" yours, but man, do I wish I could get you to read some of the stories I wrote (and others like EGBFan and Kingpin wrote) covering some the same ground. I'll just say there's some heavy parallels, but also a number of big differences, and your approach is very interesting. I'd really look forward to your comments on, well, pretty much any story listed as taking place from 1991-1999. If only you'd been around eight or nine years ago... :lol:

PostPosted: May 27th, 2012, 12:11 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Aries
Thanks a lot APaleHorse for the story ideas. When I have some free time I may try to do some of those. Right now though I'm just a little to busy. This is the first time I've been able to post in a while. But I really do appreciate all of it. Hey, and let me know the next time you but something else up. Again thanks. I will say this is still one of my favorite sites to go to.

Sometimes in my job I feel just like Janine, over worked and under paid!

PostPosted: May 27th, 2012, 10:26 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
Exley: You're welcome!

Fritz: Technically speaking I was, I was just a maaaajor lurker. :) I read almost all of Sheila Paulson's stuff on her page way back in the day, loved every bit of it. I do mean to read your stuff at some point, I just want to have time for a long sit down to do it. I actually posted a couple times on the old GBFF forums back when I was a dumb kid. If you recall a story by Osprey5373, yeah, totally me. Also completely awful, Doreen and Nora were real sweethearts to even accept it. I've often wondered if ever I could possibly salvage it and re-write it as a challenge to myself, haha, might be hopeless though!