It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:20 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1013 Next
PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 5:48 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Fritz wrote:
Lol...welcome to the nut house. True fact: "Fritz" isn't my real name either. Back in high school I took German, and had to pick a German name to use in class. Thus I decided to keep it as a pen/internet name.

Thanks Fritz. My dad speaks a little German. He used to be fluent, learning it in college prior to his trips abroad he took when he was my again (sometime in the 60’s); but it’s true what they say…if you don’t use it, you loose it.
Beyond taking 4 years of Spanish 1 (long story) as part of my schools mandated curriculum, I never truly learned a foreign language. When I was in my middle school days I went down deep into the rabbit hole of “Anime Fandom” so, with that I tried to teach myself “Japanese”. In reality it was just me trying to learn to type Romanized Japanese to use in online situations to make myself look cool.
My previous venture into the world of all things Anime is a conversation for a different time however…
Thank the gods I frakkin (I can say frak or any variation there of, can’t I?) got out of that phase.

Quote:
Yep. PhpBB3.0.8. I've been using it since....I think it was RC5, before it went gold.

Yeah, I figured it was a version of 3.0. I Personally love PHPBB. I have had various versions, going all the way back to 2.something, running on my own server for a variety of reasons.

Good to see someone else using it

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 1:53 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Quote:
Thank the gods I frakkin (I can say frak or any variation there of, can’t I?) got out of that phase.

Battlestar Glactica fan?

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 2:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
JamesCGamora wrote:
Good to see someone else using it

Other than GBN, it's still popular at a lot of the GB boards I go to. GBI, Nightsquad (c'mon, I know you know that one), and even GBFans, though AJ has hacked his a lot. GBHQ used to use it, and Troy's current board still does. I...er...even did the PhpBB2 conversion and made the style template for it. :roll:

E/J E/E TJ/JC wrote:
Quote:

Battlestar Glactica fan?

You could even use the real word here, though I'd prefer it be sparingly. I use "sprock" from the Legion of Super Heroes comics myself. :lol:

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 3:02 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

E/J E/E TJ/JC wrote:
Battlestar Glactica fan?

Why yes, yes I am. A RDM Galactica fan. While I watched the original sporadically when I was young through reruns I never got into it. I just never could get over the idea of Ben Cartwright, Lorne Green being Adama.
One of the many things I am doing right now is putting together a officers uniform from the RDM version…in fact at this very moment I am hand painting a resin copy of the Colonial sidearm that I plan on having holstered to my leg.

Fritz wrote:

Other than GBN, it's still popular at a lot of the GB boards I go to. GBI, Nightsquad (c'mon, I know you know that one), and even GBFans, though AJ has hacked his a lot. GBHQ used to use it, and Troy's current board still does. I...er...even did the PhpBB2 conversion and made the style template for it. :roll:

Oh yeah, I post sporadically on Bo’s new board…but I didn’t really mean in the Ghostbusters community. I was mainly speaking in general. I am always glad to see sites using the PHPBB boards. I like them the best and from the various other software I have seen I like their admin panel the best.

Fritz” wrote:
You could even use the real word here, though I'd prefer it be sparingly. I use "sprock" from the Legion of Super Heroes comics myself. :lol:

Good to know. The reason I ask is I am a foul mouth in reality, but I try and find alternative wordage to replace the vulgarities in places where it isn’t appropriate. Frak has been the one I use the most and I just wanted to make sure it was fine to use.

Cause the last thing I want is to begin on bad frakkin note in a new community :P

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 3:57 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Quote:
A RDM Galactica fan. While I watched the original sporadically when I was young through reruns I never got into it.
Ah. I love the classic version

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 1:47 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Zodiac: Gemini
Hi, everybody. My name's Brian. You can all call me BAM. I'm 29, and have been a Ghostbusters fan for nearly 25 years. I wish I was young enough to still get away with playing with all of the old toys.Haha

Anyway, I found this site, and thought it was time to get involved.

PETER: Ray, I got coffee for all of us!

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 8:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

BAM wrote:
Hi, everybody. My name's Brian. You can all call me BAM. I'm 29, and have been a Ghostbusters fan for nearly 25 years. I wish I was young enough to still get away with playing with all of the old toys.Haha

Well, you can. But people look at you funny. :ugeek:

Quote:
Anyway, I found this site, and thought it was time to get involved.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy the stay.
:)

PostPosted: May 10th, 2011, 3:19 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Zodiac: Pisces
Hello,
My name is Jennifer and I am 22 years old. I've been a Ghostbusters fan since forever. It was my first ever favourite TV when I was young. Egon was the first guy I fell in love with at the tender age of 4. However, I almost forgot about this series in the meantime but EGB brought me right back on track. I was fascinated by it, the first time I watched it when I was about 10 to 12. You just have to love the bickering between Kylie and Eduardo. Just recently, I rediscovered EGB for me, as well as RGB, but I didn't have the time to re-watch it again though. EGB was way shorter with only 40 episodes during my exam period. ;)
I have read around in this forum for quite a while now and I am really impressed. I love the way member interact with each other in a friendly way, showing respect for each other even though one prefers RGB and the EGB.
So I am happy that I can join your little group! ;)
I hope you don't mind my english as it might not sound as natural. I am a German Modern Foreign Languages student. If you need help in translating French or English or German just ask me! ;)

X
Jen

PostPosted: May 10th, 2011, 5:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Your English is a lot better than my German, which is to be expected considering I last studied the subject about the time your were born Er...a long long time ago.

I mean, it's the internet. Your literacy seems far ahead of many native born speakers of English I've encountered. :lol:

Welcome to the Ectozone.
:D

And the avatar picture is very good. Your artwork?

PostPosted: May 10th, 2011, 5:33 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Thank you! :) I'm glad to here that! Now I'm really curious to 'hear' your German! Honestly, I am always surprised/impressed when I hear an English native speaker talking German. Our grammar must be like hell for every non-German and all the people I've met have mastered it surprisingly good.

Yes, it's my artwork. Thanks! Give me a pencil and a sheet of paper and I'm the happiest person in the world. Unfortunately, due to my studies I don't have any spare time left to draw, only during lectures ;). I hope that during summer I can add some GB fanarts! I already have so many ideas in my head! :D

PostPosted: May 11th, 2011, 1:16 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Fritz wrote:

I mean, it's the internet. Your literacy seems far ahead of many native born speakers of English I've encountered. :lol:

Was that a shot at me ?

also get_Josie4 don't fret. If they can tolerate Mr dyslexic here, then you should be just fine.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: May 11th, 2011, 3:59 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

It's great to hear that. It's not that I would panic or something, but I just wanted to inform that I am not a native speaker so no one wonders when things sound a little bit funny at times. ;)

X
Jen

PostPosted: May 11th, 2011, 4:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

jason knetge wrote:
Fritz wrote:

Was that a shot at me ?

Of course not. I was thinking of the morons who talk in chatspeak because they either aren't smart enough or care enough to do otherwise.

If I gave that impression, I apologize.
:oops:

PostPosted: May 12th, 2011, 12:32 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Fritz wrote:
jason knetge wrote:
Fritz wrote:

Was that a shot at me ?

Of course not. I was thinking of the morons who talk in chatspeak because they either aren't smart enough or care enough to do otherwise.

If I gave that impression, I apologize.
:oops:

its cool boss man. I get that on some other places I post at. So I guess I'm just an gard.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: May 12th, 2011, 4:46 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Actually I think it is really cool, the way you deal with it so openly! 8-)

And I really don't think that your spelling is bad, maybe the occasional mistake here and there which I have not noticed yet either.

It is also true that many people, who are not dislexic simply don't care what their spelling looks like because 'that's how they would say it' which I consider as a lame excuse because they are just too lazy to write correct, often seen in other boards that are overrun by teens and even adults who think that a forum is a battlefield of words. The one who invents the most creative form of writing a common word, is the winner.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1013 Next