It is currently March 19th, 2024, 1:52 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: November 30th, 2016, 2:26 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Welcome to the board! :D

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: April 5th, 2018, 5:07 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
I was fangirling a bit in tumblr and someone contacted me and invited me over here, so...YO!. Call me C.C or Moonchild, either one is fine by me. I'm a Mexican theatre bachellor but have been doing anything but theatre for the past years. Write a lot, draw a bit, make the occasional AMV, talk up a storm when it comes to stuff I like and never go to sleep at a reasonable hour. More interested in the supernatural than what's probably wise. I laugh at my own terrible jokes. 90s kid. My favorite film is The Book of Life. I like a bit of everything in the music department, except reggaeton. I don't think I have a favorite TV show but I really like animation and cartoons. Uhh...I'm not sure of what else to add so I'll just leave it there. :mrgreen:

Edit: Pft, somehow I managed to completely miss talking about my story with GB. Here I go:

My first memories regarding the Ghostbusters consist on after pre-school episodes of RGB on TV. I loved Janine so much that, according to my older sisters, I'd legit get upset if she wasn't in an episode. I also had a crush on Egon, apparently (My mom recalls I used to say he was my 'Boyfriend' when I was a kid. Funny enough, now I have a crush on Ramis!Egon instead) and I was very interested in the whole ghost thing... I actually have my doubts on whether RGB is to blame for my life-long interest in the supernatural, cryptozoology and mythology. I have blurry memories of watching the films as well. The chair scene and the librarian at the beginning scared the living daylights out of me as I recall, as did the train and heads on stakes in film 2, but I did love the Statue of Liberty walking to 'Higher and Higher' and the ending scene in film one with Winston screaming 'I LOVE THIS TOWN!!' and the film is one of the rare films that, no matter the time or place, if it's on, I'm gonna be watching it unless it's absolutely necessary for me not to. Watched Extreme Ghostbusters when it was on, years later, and even if I do recall being somehow salty about they still going on about Janine chasing Egon and him being...seemingly completely blind, I mean, how do you not NOTICE-! I digress. Thing is, when I was younger I wasn't such a big fan of the couple, but I assumed they were a couple all the same, so I was understandably confused to see them still not married or anything in EG. I liked it well enough, the more edgy theme went accordingly to my age, and it was GHOSTBUSTERS. Nowadays, I don't really agree that much with the way they did some things, but I still love the characters and love that they addressed some pretty heavy issues in their episodes.

My love for Janine/Egon, as I mentioned, is relatively new and RGB, as well as the IDW comics are COMPLETELY to blame for it. Still crossing my fingers so the comics do good for us fans on that department, seeing how they're doing good in all else- including more female characters, giving Peck some redeeming qualities, giving us the closest to closure with Peter and Dana as we're prrrrrobably gonna get and uniting all universes. Still, even if they don't go anywhere with the couple, I'm still going to be over here drawing them and writting for them because Tlaloc knows they're perfect for each other.

That's about it, I think?

Last edited by Moonchild on April 5th, 2018, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2018, 5:33 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
Moonchild wrote:
I was fangirling a bit in tumblr and someone contacted me and invited me over here, so...YO!. Call me C.C or Moonchild, either one is fine by me. I'm a Mexican theatre bachellor but have been doing anything but theatre for the past years. Write a lot, draw a bit, make the occasional AMV, talk up a storm when it comes to stuff I like and never go to sleep at a reasonable hour. More interested in the supernatural than what's probably wise. I laugh at my own terrible jokes. 90s kid. My favorite film is The Book of Life. I like a bit of everything in the music department, except reggaeton. I don't think I have a favorite TV show but I really like animation and cartoons. Uhh...I'm not sure of what else to add so I'll just leave it there. :mrgreen:

YAY! You made it! I was the one who called you here. You'd definitely have a lot to add to the discussions around here and show off all the good art you've done! Welcome to the Ectozone!

PostPosted: April 5th, 2018, 5:45 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Moonchild wrote:
I was fangirling a bit in tumblr and someone contacted me and invited me over here, so...YO!. Call me C.C or Moonchild, either one is fine by me.

Hey, great to see you! :D

I'm also on Tumblr but very much a lurker, always liking your E/J posts.

Your artwork is absolutely gorgeous, and I love your AO3 fic.

I've been feeling so disillusioned with the lack of E/J in the IDW comics but your art has really helped fill the void.

Many thanks, and welcome! 8-)

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2018, 6:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: November 11th, 2018, 12:52 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Greetings, fellow denziens of the Ectozone. This is your newest member, Smiling Jack, an early 20something Classics major from Central Kentucky who's been a Ghostbusters fan since late 2009, when I caught an airing of it on AMC and got the 25th anniversary video game. From there, I proceeded to spend most of early 2010 tracking down and watching episodes of both The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters on YouTube, and ended up kind of drifting out by 2011 before coming back in around 2015. It was during my initial obsession when I first found the Ectozone, and now I've finally joined up.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2018, 4:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: November 17th, 2018, 8:10 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Not quite an introduction, but I'm back! Way too many RL issues kept me away, sadly, but let's party!

PostPosted: November 18th, 2018, 9:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Miss Janine wrote:
Not quite an introduction, but I'm back! Way too many RL issues kept me away, sadly, but let's party!

You have no idea how thrilled I was to see you were back. It's been so long.

For the newer users:

Hailing from Glen Burnie, Maryland, her real name is Rose Prevost and she's one of the Client Administrators of the (now basically dormant) Ghostbusters West Coast.

On the old board she carried the custom title "Shipper Matriarch" for her long, vocal support of the Egon/Janine romance. And just as an interesting aside that probably would bore anyone else, the very first post I made on GBN was to answer one of her questions about Egon's Mom.

Rose:

I don't know if you've followed the IDW comics, but if not you've missed a lot...and sadly not very much at the same time.

Either way, I look forward to seeing you back around these parts.

:)

PostPosted: November 25th, 2018, 8:20 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Thanks for the sweet words! :-D Good to be back! I'm in Lansdowne, MD now. Health issues (I'm fine now) made me move back in with the family. Still lovin' E/J!

PostPosted: January 24th, 2019, 11:23 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Hey!

As the newest member of this forum it's my turn to introduce myself. My name is Marie, and just like Sandra( Hey Sandra!) I'm from good old Germany. I found this forum years ago and have since been a regular visitor, and finally have decided to sign up as a member :D
I probably won't post that much, so be warned :?
I'm most likely one of the youngest members, as I turn 21 this Saturday. I study English at University but I spend most of my time on the internet.
My dad introduced me to Ghostbusters when I was a little kid because he is a big fan himself. He showed me both movies and let me watch RGB and EGB when it was on TV. Even though my mom wasn't so fond of that :lol:
Okay, thats enough talking about myself, I wish all of you a great day :)

PostPosted: January 24th, 2019, 12:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Marie wrote:
Hey!

As the newest member of this forum it's my turn to introduce myself. My name is Marie, and just like Sandra( Hey Sandra!) I'm from good old Germany. I found this forum years ago and have since been a regular visitor, and finally have decided to sign up as a member :D
I probably won't post that much, so be warned :?
I'm most likely one of the youngest members, as I turn 21 this Saturday. I study English at University but I spend most of my time on the internet.
My dad introduced me to Ghostbusters when I was a little kid because he is a big fan himself. He showed me both movies and let me watch RGB and EGB when it was on TV. Even though my mom wasn't so fond of that :lol:
Okay, thats enough talking about myself, I wish all of you a great day :)

PostPosted: October 5th, 2021, 4:30 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Capricorn
It is actually Jeremy from GBWC. After a (much too long) hiatus and forgetting of my username and password, I'm here again. Good lord this place hasn't changed much.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2021, 6:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

jeremy hicks wrote:
It is actually Jeremy from GBWC. After a (much too long) hiatus and forgetting of my username and password, I'm here again.

Your old account:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=62

You can use the "I forgot my password" link (the email's the same as the account you're using now), or I can reset your password. If you want me to change your user name from "egon901" to "jeremy hicks" I can do that too. Just let me know.

Quote:
Good lord this place hasn't changed much.

Well, I figure if it still works, why mess with it? :P

Either way, welcome back!

PostPosted: October 5th, 2021, 10:49 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Capricorn
Like I said, I'd forgotten the entirety of my login info, and then after I created a new one, I looked at the first page of this thread and there I was. I'll probably log into my original account and reset the password. Time hasn't made me wiser, it's just made it harder to see the obvious.

I haz deviantArt.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next