It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:35 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: The "GB3" Video Game
PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 8:45 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
"I see the evil of the times to come. You will remember paying $1.45 for gas and will weep hot tears for yesterday."

Nice.

By the way, on either GBN or GBFans, I forget which, one of the design team revealed that one of the cardboard boxes next to the ECU is supposed to contain marshmallow-covered flightsuits, but you can't see it because they accidentally stacked another box over top.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 9:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I don't have this game and don't know when I will. The most advanced system I have immediate access to is a PS2; a friend of mine has an X-Box 360, but it's a bit of a stretch to spend a pile of money on a game I couldn't even play at home.

That being said, I'll admit that a lot of what I'm hearing is easing my mind. I'm still thinking there are some issues if we take every little thing about the game story and play mechanics literally, but the concerns are definitely lessening.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 11:08 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Yes Fritz, come to the light, its so warm and peaceful in here. Come and play with us! Joinnnn usssss!

PostPosted: June 19th, 2009, 1:06 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

lol, in the online multiplayer, your rank is denoted by the color of your flight suit. Right now, mine has a blue with orange stripes color scheme. Sound familiar?

PostPosted: June 19th, 2009, 3:15 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Aw, lookit that, Fritz! They like you!

PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 7:41 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
TheRazorsEdge wrote:
By the way, on either GBN or GBFans, I forget which, one of the design team revealed that one of the cardboard boxes next to the ECU is supposed to contain marshmallow-covered flightsuits, but you can't see it because they accidentally stacked another box over top.

Awesome to hear, I'll have to look for that next time I'm in the firehouse. (I'm afraid of messing up my game saves.)

PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 8:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
TheRazorsEdge wrote:
lol, in the online multiplayer, your rank is denoted by the color of your flight suit. Right now, mine has a blue with orange stripes color scheme. Sound familiar?

My first instinct is that it's a coincidence, but then again, the Return of the Ghostbusters in-joke was intentional...

I gotta see a screen cap of this some time. Any of the other multiplayer ranks look "familiar" that you know of?

PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 9:28 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Well I haven't seen that many yet. You get a new flightsuit every three ranks and I believe there's only 20 ranks.

You start with the standard beige, then there's light gray with red trim, which looks kinda like Winston's RGB outfit. Then the navy and orange, then I had green with gray (or maybe black, I can't remember) trim, and now I'm two shades of blue.

I hear the final rank is GB2/Nightsquad black.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 3:00 am 
Moononite
Moononite

They wore Charcol Gray in Ghostbusters 2, not black. Nightsquad holds the market on the black jumpsuits.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 3:51 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

"Charcoal Gray" is a shade of black to me, sir.

By the way, my suit's orange with black highlights now. So, not really seeing any other RGB or franchise colors...

Edit: Red and Black now. I thought it was pink and purple, but it was the lighting.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2009, 7:18 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Ok, I found 2 bits of info in the game that should be considered if you are thinking of using it in the timeline.

1. Egon used to be a coroner and now does it for a hobby.

2. Winston's uncle's name is Wayland (may have been Raymond, I couldn't really make it out) it was an answering machine message.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2009, 7:34 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Ray also says something along the lines of "Ghosts and Gargoyles...we used to play that game when I was in the seminary."

So apparently he either wanted to join the clergy at some point before reaching the "Do you believe in God?" "Never met him." point, or it was all part of his study of mythological and supernatural in general.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2009, 12:58 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Scorpio
TheRazorsEdge wrote:
Ray also says something along the lines of "Ghosts and Gargoyles...we used to play that game when I was in the seminary."

So apparently he either wanted to join the clergy at some point before reaching the "Do you believe in God?" "Never met him." point, or it was all part of his study of mythological and supernatural in general.

Art imitates life...

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 8:02 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
SO, I thought I'd come over and post some thoughts on the game since I am in the final level.

First of all I have to say that I didn't know if it would be fun to be a ghostbuster in the game, at first I just really wanted the story, but you know what? Bustin' makes me feel good! I got irritated with the new equipment and the big badies but capturing the class 3s and 4s was totally just like you would think and I was just thinking the whole time that I could do that all day, especially the civil war fight, that was just down right fun.

I also have really enjoyed reading about the ghost and artifacts (which you can also read about in the book, for those of you without a system to play on ;) ) It was very entertaining to see the stories they came up with, and then to see the in the firehouse after was fun, those stupid bellbottoms are the creepiest thing in the game I think, the way they follow you around. Anyway, I really had fun playing the game!

I'm not sure how I feel about the plot yet until I finish the game and probably play it again. So, I'll post back when I decide.

And as for the Ray in the seminary, I think he would have just gone to study the religion not practice it, which a lot of people do actually, it would've probably been part of his occult studies self curriculum.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2009, 9:59 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Capricorn
Oh Fritz, seems someone's decided to adapt the added weapons from the video game to the RGB pack: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 46&t=13482

I think it's a great interpretation-conversion, don't you?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next