All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: October 7th, 2007, 1:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Prior Discussion

Extreme Ghostbusters: Hearts In Eclipse, Part One

1998--Timeline Year Sixteen

Tensions are rising in GBCentral, as conflict begins to build between Team Extreme and their two newest members...and the return of a long-absent member of the supporting cast threatens to spread the tension into their predecessors' ranks.

Extreme Ghostbusters: Hearts In Eclipse, Part Two

The simmering resentments explode as Roland Jackson and Vincent Belmont vie for control of the team, and Peter Venkman is uncovers a secret that his friends had kept from him for six years...in the aftermath, somebody undergoes a startling transformation...

Extreme Ghostbusters: Hearts In Eclipse, Part Three

Louis, posessed by the power of the Lord of Gloom, drags Egon to the place it all began for him, as the Ghostbusters both old and new must confront the monsters born of Tully's tortured mind.

Mock cover for the story:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27462332/

Early mention is made of one of Vincent's stories:

http://archive.ghostbusters.net/fanfictiondetail/474/

It isn't finished yet, and the version written there isn't 100% Timeline compatible, but basically for our purposes most of the story still happens, but in 1997 instead of 1996. It might also be that in "our" version, Egon doesn't get it quite as bad. He certainly spends a week or two in the hospital, but is not hurt as bad as in the version on GBN.

Also remember Back In The Saddle?

Excerpts of this article are being read by Louis in part 1 of "Hearts In Eclipse". Distracted by what happened to Egon, Venkman didn't read it--until Part 2. I told people months before the story was released that it was going to be important. Heh heh heh...

At one point I had a bit of a darker ending in mind, but when I actually wrote it all down it just didn't work for me anymore. It involved Venkman taking Louis aside, after all was said and done, and doing something like this...

Louis: So am I fired?

Venkman: No. That would be arbitrary and mean spirited.

(Venkman leans in close, and gives Louis his most intense look)

Venkman: But I swear to God, you do anything...anything that can even remotely construed as trying to mess things up for them ever again...I'll make your life such a living hell you'll be begging me to fire you...

But, again, knowing they all had to "get along", and the way everything actually played out, made the nastiness of such a scene not work for me--it disrupted the essentially "bygones be bygones" mood at the end.

Things do get better for Louis later, though:
http://ectozone.proboards31.com/index.c ... 1137615442

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 10:30 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Part three is so cool, it's my favorite part.
*Spoiler*

I love how Egon reacts when Janine takes off her proton pack, and says that she won't try to stop Louis, Hehe. Not to mention that it's awsome that Peter forgives him, and how Peter points out that 'Lana' looks like Jessica. So cool!

PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 10:00 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
Well, in all honesty, this is the one of the Big Continuity stories (I internally refer thus to a bunch of stories starting probably with The Terror on the Jersey Turnpike that deal with E/J relationship and the overall direction the company is heading) I never could get into. Mostly because I didn't understand what the heck Nodus was up to. I understand that this kinda "had" to be there as a transition between Dreams Reborn and Forever, but still...

Well, maybe I should take my time and reread the story ... again.