It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:36 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: October 20th, 2007, 9:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Previous Discussion

Ghostbusters Nightsquad was the very first "fan fic" based franchise of Ghostbusters International, and set the standard to which succeeding teams would be held. Their membership over the years has included several of the luminaries of Ghostbusters fan fiction: Vincent Belmont, Ben King, Jeff Chrismer, to say nothing of "The Legend" himself, Nightsquad's leader Bo Holbrook.

After several guest appearances (ie "Chronicles of Gozer" and "Where In The World Is Chelsea Aberdeen?) and one aborted attempt to rework the Nightsquad origin (I never finished due to my hospitalization in 2004, though Bo and Adam Bestler put together a workable revision based on the concepts I'd discussed with Bo) Bo finally handed me an opportunity I couldn't help but jump at: revision of the turning point Nightsquad story "All Hell Breaks Loose"

It was a little intimidating to be reworking such a great story (Kingpin was involved in the previous version) but at the same time it was fun to do some hammering out of Nightsquad's still somewhat complicated continuity (Sometimes I swear Bo's nickname should be "Hawkman" and Nightsquad should be "The Legion of Super Heroes". So I guess you might say I got to be Superboy Prime and take a few punches at it). And I definitely got to feel perhaps too clever with myself by solving one of the sticky continuity problems of the earlier version by taking advantage of an obscure (and admittedly not-well-regarded) story Now Comics did in their Real Ghostbusters 3-D Annual.

But I guess you'll have to judge for yourself how well this all worked.

Ghostbusters Nightsquad: All Hell Breaks Loose, Part One
By Bo Holbrook, Ben King, and Fritz Baugh

2003--Timeline Year Twenty One
It seems like just another day for the members of Ghostbusters Nightsquad. The original Ghostbusters are out of town, and a few small jobs keep things from getting too dull.
But in the shadows, a sinister plot is being hatched...a plot that will change the team forever...
Guest stars Jeff Chrismer, Vincent Belmont, and some other guy.

Ghostbusters Nightsquad: All Hell Breaks Loose, Part Two

Catastrophe!!! The Extreme Ghostbusters defeated!!! Nightsquad's worst enemy has taken over Central Park!!! And Nightsquad can't do anything about it, because they're in jail!!!

Ghostbusters Nightsquad: All Hell Breaks Loose, Part Three

As if the Blair Witch wasn't enough...the cult's plot has drawn in another familiar face, one that had nearly defeated the original Ghostbusters more than once. Will Nightsquad, even with the help of Vincent Belmont, Jeff Chrismer, Fritz Baugh, and Roland Jackson, have a chance in hell against them?!

Ghostbusters Nightsquad: All Hell Breaks Loose, Part Four

It's the final showdown between Nightsquad, their allies, and the Hain Witch. The fate of the world is at stake (again), and even if the Ghostbusters are victorious they will pay a price in dearest blood...