Zodiac: Gemini
that was his hot cousin you thinking of

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 4:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Aidan Munroe wrote:
Great story Fritz! We don't hear a lot about Ray's family so that was an automatic point for me.

Ray's sister joined a commune eh? I thought she owned a ranch that we saw in one of the RGB episodes? Or was that a cousin? I can't remember. Gotta dig out the VHS now! :D

jason knetge wrote:
that was his hot cousin you thinking of

Cousin Samantha in "Dairy Farm". For Timeline purposes, we fudged it a bit and she's technically a second cousin.

Quote:
Interesting side note: The Space Shuttle was supposed to fly as early as 1975 but budget curtailing, the Vietnam War, and general disinterest in the space program kept it from progressing. Columbia still holds the record for longest amount of time spent on the launch pad. It was rolled out of the VAB in December 1980 but didn't launch until April 12, 1981

I knew this--I actually watched STS-1 take off a day and a week before my tenth birthday. I was actually a pretty big space travel nut in my earlier years. I still have some of the Revell model kits of Space Shuttles and Saturn V's in my closet

Quote:
Other questions:

1. Where did you get the name for Carl's kids?

I will only say that one of those names was not my idea; I don't know if the guilty party is still going to use it --last I heard they aren't, but I don't want to spoil anything in case they change their mind--but when creating the name of the other brother, I mused that Daniel and Franklin form a nice set of names for Stantz brothers--because of Dan Aykroyd and Frank Welker, the guys who played Ray.

Quote:
2. Do Carl and Jean even know what Ray does for a living? I'm sure they probably didn't miss the Ghostbusters "movie." Do they care at all?

It seems inevitable they know. I don't want to answer the rest of that question concretely, to leave it open for future stories, though. I admit my first guess is that they probably consider it embarrassing.

Quote:
3. For that matter, do they even know he's married now and has a kid?

That part's a little tougher to call; again, at this point, I pretty much want to leave that open for possible future stories.

And I do have some ideas I may run with eventually. I don't want to shove any of the Stantz Diaspora into things just for the sake of doing it, but I'm tossing around an idea or two.