It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:15 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Blood Feud: Los Angeles
PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 10:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Five years ago, my brother OgreBBQ (you can also call him Al) wrote Blood Feud: Prague, featuring the exploits of a character he created and I used in Ghostbusters: Shadow Of The Inquisitors. Well, he's back again.

Blood Feud: Los Angeles
By Fritz Baugh and OgreBBQ
July 8, 2009--Timeline Year Twenty Seven
The man known as Sergei Kalashnikov has come to Los Angeles. Expect lots of pain.

Al didn't write the story this time, but we hashed out the plot and some of the gags together, and I wrote it up a few months back.

Why did I hold it back, you might ask?

Well, for one thing, isn't the location this installment a little familiar? Oh yeah...Los Angeles...the home of Hollywood, smog, and these guys.

In addition to being another installment in the saga of the vampire hunter turned hunter who is a vampire, "Blood Feud: Los Angeles" follows Primus XXIV in being a lead in to a very big story starring the Ghostbusters West Coast, which I hope to start releasing before the end of the year. But I decided I didn't want to publish the lead-ins until I had a fairly good amount of the GBWC story "in the can", which I now do (about four chapters worth). It's a big story, and kind of like the conclusion of "Chronicles of Gozer", I don't want to force it out just to get it done. As well as CoG ended, I think I made the right call there.

I hope you'll check it out.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2011, 6:09 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Ok I had to read this one twice. There's a lot going one here, lots of new 'people'. Very action packed and interesting, would have looked great on TV, lol.

So basically what we have here is a vampire killing vampire, an evil member of a mostly non-evil cult, A group of vampires that run around in packs like gangsters, and 3 mummys? Or 2 mummys and a Cad Aver (LOL BTW).
The good guys doesn't seem to like the GBs very much, so is he really the good guy, or just the better of a bunch of bad guys?

Reminds me kinda of a very action heavy episode of Law and Order...

I'm not totally sure who all of these people are and what their exact alliances are or what they are trying to accomplish, so I am ready to find out the upcoming chapters. Bring it on!

PostPosted: July 11th, 2011, 9:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

ghostdiva wrote:
Ok I had to read this one twice. There's a lot going one here, lots of new 'people'. Very action packed and interesting, would have looked great on TV, lol.

I admit, there's some stuff that depends on some of the GBWC stories, including at least one that I didn't write.

Quote:
So basically what we have here is a vampire killing vampire,

Sergei/Anatole's backstory prior to 1991 is still nebulous, but what we know is this:

He's a mortal descendant of a medieval lord named Igor Vashnivski, who is also a vampire--and became Anatole's vampire sire at the end of "Shadow of the Inquisitors" Interestingly enough, werewolves mention the Vashnivski name in the very first scene of "Chronicles of Gozer" part 6.

Since becoming undead, Anatole's been bopping around the world. He was in Prague in 1998 ("Blood Feud: Prague") but, as is subtly confirmed in "Blood Feud LA", he made it to LA by 2007 ("Nights of Blood"). He and Kyle Stevens meet in that story, and it's hinted that they actually worked together for at least a short time during Stevens's hiatus from the GBWC in 2007-2008.

Quote:
an evil member of a mostly non-evil cult, A group of vampires that run around in packs like gangsters,

If you mean United Darkness, they're actually a darn evil bunch. They come from one of Kyle Stevens' GBWC stories, United Darkness

Quote:
and 3 mummys? Or 2 mummys and a Cad Aver (LOL BTW).

That last one was Ogre's. :lol:

Quote:
The good guys doesn't seem to like the GBs very much, so is he really the good guy, or just the better of a bunch of bad guys?

As mentioned, Sergei/Anatole actually has a little bit of history with the original GBs.

And the dude at the end, Nathaniel Blaque, has his own history with the original Ghostbusters. That actually comes from (RGB comic) canon.

Quote:
Reminds me kinda of a very action heavy episode of Law and Order...

I take that as a compliment. One of the struggles I'm having with "Toy Soldiers" is finding ways to not have it, in my own mind, "read like an overlong episode of L&O or CSI". More action and humor, asshole!"

(I also hope you've taken a look at Mick Nielson's new fan video series, "Ghosts & Busters: Supernatural Victims Unit"

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=420 )

Quote:
I'm not totally sure who all of these people are and what their exact alliances are or what they are trying to accomplish, so I am ready to find out the upcoming chapters. Bring it on!

Thanks. I hope it will be all worth the wait, and I get the questions answered to everyone's satisfaction.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 6:19 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Any update on this one?

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 9:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

ghostdiva wrote:
Any update on this one?

Sadly, not much. I've got three chapters of "Toy Soldiers" done, but have been going through a bit of a dry spell. I realized that I was so sprocking sick of vampires, and by dint of Anatole's involvement there will inevitably be vampire stuff, I just couldn't get any enthusiasm worked up.

I've done a little bit of work recenlty, though--the Retro Action Janine and the new comic seem to have rekindled the fire of inspiration just a bit.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 11:45 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Aries
Can't wait for "Toy Soldiers". Your work is good so can't wait. :)

Sometimes in my job I feel just like Janine, over worked and under paid!