It is currently December 9th, 2018, 8:09 pm

All times are UTC-05:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 9:17 am 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3125
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
I had some personal issues in late November that showed my releases even further, but here's something I hope everyone enjoys as much as I did writing it:

Ghostbusters: Mr. Stay Puft's Christmas Adventure

December 24, 1983--Timeline Year One
It's Christmas Eve. Venkman's in a foul mood. Ray misses his family. Egon is not sure how to react to Janine's elf costume. Winston has a fateful meeting. And then the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man shows up. Wait, what? How is that even possible?

Earlier in the year, after the release of Ghostbusters: Infestation, which sort of re-opened the issue of "How in the world did the Ghostbusters have Stay Puft in the Containment Unit anyway?", a GBFans poster named mrmichealt had some interesting ideas on the subject, which in turn prompted some ideas from me for a story. This is the end result.

It was kind of fun to take the Ghostbusters almost back to the beginning--really only GB1 and the flashback parts of "Citizen Ghost" have happened when "Mr. Stay Puft's Christmas Adventure" begins. Not to say I didn't load it up with my usual helping of continuity porn (grife, I even found room for an IDW nod!), and after writing Egon and Janine as a rock solid sympatico couple so much it was kind of fun to go back to the awkward "Will Egon ever figure this out?" phase, just for a minute or two. Winston fans pay special attention--if you've read many of my other stories, you'll recognize that something very important to his future happens in this story.

Be back after New Years for the continuation of "Toy Soldiers"

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: December 15th, 2011, 9:15 am 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3125
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
I swear I've stepped into Bizarro World...

I released this one on FFN simultaneously to the Ectozone, due to the seasonal nature of it.

I've gotten three comments on FFN to zero everywhere else.
:lol:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: December 15th, 2011, 12:05 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 2:20 pm
Posts: 753
Zodiac: Gemini
sorry man there is a fallen tree in my back yard that's holding me back on a lot of things. I looked at half of it but I don't want to say anything till the end.

_________________
Image

Image

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel


Top
   
PostPosted: December 15th, 2011, 3:36 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 7:07 pm
Posts: 709
Zodiac: Virgo
Well, I know Fritz is tired of me talking about this one...

But if you're a GB fan, you'll like this story. I don't know of any reason why this story wouldn't appeal to all, fans of just the movies, RGB fans total crowd pleaser. :D

_________________
Peter: "Huh. Guess we're not welcome."
Winston: "Not welcome, there's a first. We should all get nametags that say, 'Hello, I'm not welcome'. Or maybe Tshirts or mugs or something."
--Ghostbusters the video game


Top
   
PostPosted: December 15th, 2011, 7:07 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3125
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
jason knetge wrote:
sorry man there is a fallen tree in my back yard that's holding me back on a lot of things. I looked at half of it but I don't want to say anything till the end.


Sorry to hear that, Jason. Real Life matters more than this stuff.

I admit I'm anticipating your reaction to this story, though, being a big Mr. Stay Puft fan.

ghostdiva wrote:
Well, I know Fritz is tired of me talking about this one...

But if you're a GB fan, you'll like this story. I don't know of any reason why this story wouldn't appeal to all, fans of just the movies, RGB fans total crowd pleaser. :D


Well, I do use stuff from the cartoons, and there are some snobs out there who hate that... :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 2:22 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 2:20 pm
Posts: 753
Zodiac: Gemini
ok I finely got to the rest of this story last night and I like it. there were some spots at the start that were a bit of a downer with ray and peter but I thing that was you point. It was nice to have a story explaining how staypuff came back. :) B/c you know how I feel about him. part of me wishes he didn't eat the anty GB at the end. I thought you were setting up for them to come back. still how is to say they aren't still in there. lol

_________________
Image

Image

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel


Top
   
PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 9:26 am 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3125
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
jason knetge wrote:
ok I finely got to the rest of this story last night and I like it. there were some spots at the start that were a bit of a downer with ray and peter but I thing that was you point.


It kinda was, especially in Venkman's case. This is a year before "X-Mas Marks the Spot" in GBOT terms, so I kinda mixed that edge with what we know is going to happen with Dana, namely a bad break-up to set up GB2. I don't intend the Christmas disagreement to be the straw that broke the camel's back there, just one of the straws being piled on. I did have the whole "Whenever I discussed marriage you'd get drowsy and fall asleep" line in mind for this scene. (As I may have said before, I see the "final" breakup as being the GBOT version of "Legion", where Venkman and Dana don't make up at the end)

Quote:
It was nice to have a story explaining how staypuff came back. :) B/c you know how I feel about him. part of me wishes he didn't eat the anty GB at the end. I thought you were setting up for them to come back. still how is to say they aren't still in there. lol


Well, remember that Kingpin created a newer set of Anti-Ghostbusters in his story "Seperated At Rebirth". In a lot of ways, Anti-Ghostbusters are pretty easy to make.

Glad you liked the story.
:)

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 12:42 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 2:20 pm
Posts: 753
Zodiac: Gemini
Fritz wrote:
In a lot of ways, Anti-Ghostbusters are pretty easy to make.

>_>

<_<


...


you don't have to tll me.

_________________
Image

Image

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel


Top
   
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2012, 12:51 pm 
Offline
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster
User avatar

Joined: November 29th, 2010, 9:20 am
Posts: 38
Location: St. Petersburg
Zodiac: Virgo
Good story - so nice to get see the story get back to basics for a change (Fritz, sometimes your new stories confuse the hell out of my feeble mind with their intricate plot twists :)), even though the AGB reference made me wonder...

jason knetge wrote:
Fritz wrote:
In a lot of ways, Anti-Ghostbusters are pretty easy to make.

>_>

<_<


...


you don't have to tll me.

I wonder the fate of Spirit Clones is established? They were trapped back in Citizen Ghost but what's with the essence now - do you imply that it has escaped with Stay Puft Marshmallow man on one of his jaunts? And where did the second set of uniforms appear from? I felt that the roots are in Not Now Slimer (7x02) where the Ghostbusters jettison a set of uniforms precisely because they (the uniforms) were infested with ectoplasm. Did Kingpin purposely use this reference later as an anchor for his story?


Top
   
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2012, 6:38 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3125
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
Rover wrote:
I wonder the fate of Spirit Clones is established? They were trapped back in Citizen Ghost but what's with the essence now - do you imply that it has escaped with Stay Puft Marshmallow man on one of his jaunts? And where did the second set of uniforms appear from? I felt that the roots are in Not Now Slimer (7x02) where the Ghostbusters jettison a set of uniforms precisely because they (the uniforms) were infested with ectoplasm. Did Kingpin purposely use this reference later as an anchor for his story?


My own assumption is that the original Anti Ghostbusters were eaten by Stay Puft and never returned; the ones in "Seperated At Rebirth" are all-new, but with having basically the same origin (animated ectoplasmic imprints on discarded uniforms) obviously act similarly, but with a greater degree of experience and skill to match the original Ghostbuster as they were c. 1991, at the peak of their powers, as it were.

I don't know if it's intentional, but without rechecking the episode, it sounds like the uniform idea would work out just about perfectly; it would be near the end of the Ghostbusters' second run, matching the c. 1991 time frame mentioned above. I like the idea, in other words.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2012, 8:01 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 2:20 pm
Posts: 753
Zodiac: Gemini
I'm always surprised there was never a janine Anti Ghostbusters. could have thought there was one time he uniforms got really slimed.

_________________
Image

Image

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel


Top
   
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 3:40 am 
Offline
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster
User avatar

Joined: November 29th, 2010, 9:20 am
Posts: 38
Location: St. Petersburg
Zodiac: Virgo
Fritz wrote:
My own assumption is that the original Anti Ghostbusters were eaten by Stay Puft and never returned; the ones in "Seperated At Rebirth" are all-new, but with having basically the same origin (animated ectoplasmic imprints on discarded uniforms) obviously act similarly, but with a greater degree of experience and skill to match the original Ghostbuster as they were c. 1991, at the peak of their powers, as it were.

I don't know if it's intentional, but without rechecking the episode, it sounds like the uniform idea would work out just about perfectly; it would be near the end of the Ghostbusters' second run, matching the c. 1991 time frame mentioned above. I like the idea, in other words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS4UwVs24Lk (around the 19:00 mark)
I was always under the impression that Separated at Rebirth (a very cool story BTW) was latched upon this little fragment (the episode doesn't hope to make Top 10 but is semi-decent, anyways).


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
EctoChristmas © 2007,2014 Fritz Baugh
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited