PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 11:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Thread from the old board:

http://ectozone.proboards31.com/index.c ... 1093991375

Future Shocks
1986--Timeline Year Four
The Ghostbusters of the 21st Century are contacted by a mysterious being, telling them that a time traveller with a malevalent agenda has recruited a familiar and much-despised face to his crusade. Can they stop these two twisted men from destroying the original Ghostbusters--and thus wrecking all of history?
-------------------------------
I don't think it's an understatement to say that a big part of my personal vision of the Ghostbusters Universe went into the making of this story. I guess if there's any story that is "essential" to understanding that vision, it's this one.

So what makes this story so important?

<--Spoiler Warnings-->

The introduction of the Ghostbusters of 2023. Dr. Johnathan Christopher Spengler and his twin sister, Dr. Eden Marie Spengler (thus canonizing the Egon/Janine marriage before I had done it in any "present day" stories yet). Budding Hermetic mage Eric Stantz, thus opening a mystery about Ray's destiny that has yet to be revealed . New character TJ Anderson. Briefly, Marie Lupin--another of her relatives has since been introduced--and mention of Charlene Zeddemore.

A very brief glimpse of even further in the future. "Ghostbusters Intergalactic" and John Spengler's doppleganger Romulus. This is even more intriguing after Nodus's claims about John in "Gemini Rising"

Delphia. The first time that name entered my chronicles--but far from the last.

The rehabilitation of "Professor Dweeb" begins. Instead of a quack scientist who stalked Slimer, he's a wanna-be Ghostbuster who (along with RPG character Herbert Loone) is ready to kill the Ghostbusters to attain his desired level of fame and glory. The 88MPH comic would even give him a more realistic name: Dr. Norman Draverhaven. (Dr. Riddle said Micheal Draverhaven "looked like Professor Dweeb"...and I ran with that)

Of course, if I'd followed my original vision, it would have gone like this:

Future Shocks Apocrypha
Apocrypha Era One
The Ghostbusters of the 21st Century are contacted by a mysterious being, telling them that a time traveller with a malevalent agenda has recruited two familiar and much-despised faces to her crusade. Can they stop these two twisted men--who are NOT Professor Dweeb and Doctor Loone!!!--from destroying the original Ghostbusters--and thus wrecking all of history?

<!--Spoiler Warning Again-->

"Future Shocks" actually started as a crossover with the Filmation Ghostbusters, and it was a rather...unflattering one to the FGBs. Jake Kong was a borderline psycho obsessed with showing up Venkman (and he talked to his furniture to boot) and publicizing his "war against Prime Evil" Eddie Spencer and Tracy the Gorilla were his codependant henchmen.

The story kicked into gear when their friend from the future, Futura (yeah, real gem of a name there) showed up and told Jake that a great danger was coming, one that would mean "the end of the Ghostbusters". the danger, as it turns out, is that the Real Ghostbusters are fated to catch Prime Evil and thus make the FGBs into laughing stocks. The plan? Kill one of the RGBs, and thus disrupt that future...

John, Eden, TJ, and Eric had other ideas of course.

In some ways the original ending was better--instead of Elizabeth biting Dweeb in the ass, Eddie and Tracy turn on Jake because they're not murderers at heart. They're all taken off for the help they need, and Futura is taken back to her home time, where she's placed in the custody of Romulus and Ghostbusters Intergalactic for her crimes against the time stream.

Well, I'd think Jeremy and Jeff especially can understand why I didn't release that version--I was on a team with Peter Kong, and it just wouldn't have been fair to him to have released it.

So instead I rewrote it to feature Dweeb and Loone; it didn't lose any of the important contributions to the mythos I made in the original, and even added more via the redefining of Dweeb.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 10:14 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Both versions are awsome. I think I probably like the offical version best though.