It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:58 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 812 Next
PostPosted: September 20th, 2009, 9:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Ghostbusters 2021: The Eye of Aretpo, Part 5
Timeline: June 8, 2021

Should be sent to beta staff tomorrow, after Ogre gets a look at it. I'm planning on a release a week later, on September 28th.

Next done should be part six of "Flip Side War". I'm tentatively hoping to have it be the conclusion, but that may depend on how bloated it gets as I write it.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2009, 7:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

After too long a time, an update at last:

Extreme Ghostbusters/Ghostbusters West Coast: Flip Side War, Part Six
Timeline: September 2007

Tentative Release: Monday, December 14, 2009

I just put the last touch on this literally ten minutes ago. Ogre hasn't even seen it yet. Beta will go out tomorrow.

It is, indeed, the conclusion of "Flip Side War" and unless the next week majorly inspires me, probably the last story released this year.

Next up on the plate should be the sixth and final part of "Eye of Aretpo" After that...well, the future is murkier.

I definitely have ideas. I'm just feeling...I dunno...kinda burnt out right now.

We'll see, I guess. :oops:

PostPosted: March 8th, 2010, 4:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters 2021: The Eye Of Aretpo, Part Six
Timeline: June 8, 2021

The extra-sized finale of the origin of the future Ghostbusters, done at last.

Ogre hasn't seen it yet, but I hope to get the Beta up to the usual suspects by tomorrow.

I'm not quite sure yet when the release will be--there's a couple of GBWC stories, one each from Mick and Mike in my hopper now, and I want to coordinate it so that only one story comes out each week. It may be as late as March 29 or even April 5.

I thank everyone for their patience.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2010, 11:50 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
What about that one i did . It was supposed to come out .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: March 9th, 2010, 9:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

?

PM me here or on GBWC.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 9:19 am 
Administrator
Administrator

You remember my controversial rant masquerading as a story, "Game Theory"? The only story I ever withdrew?

I said I might put it back up as soon as I get a more balanced version out?

I just finished that.

I got inspired a few days ago, blew off the draft of the Apocrypha, and started hacking out most of the irrational bitterness (Janine still gets a swipe or two in at GB2, and who can blame her?) and other stuff that doesn't work now that we know what's in the game and have accepted at least pieces of it as GBOT canon. I basically wrote Egon out of it--Mick's right, I don't think he'd give a flying leap what the media is saying about him.

I'm contemplating releasing the new version, but it's going around to the beta guys (including people who've actually played the game) first. I won't even speculate on a release date until I hear from some of them--if they say it's still too crappy, it may just have to go into the scrapheap.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2010, 2:23 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
I wouldn't mind seeing it. The only thing I have against the game though is that I can't play it, it won't work on my computer. :P

PostPosted: April 25th, 2010, 8:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The input has been positive, so I'm slating it for a release on May 13th. That's still a bit of a wait, but it is the Ectozone seventh anniversary, and I like to have something to release that day.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2010, 1:01 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Yay! :D

PostPosted: April 25th, 2010, 3:44 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Well, I'm certainly looking very forward to this, I suspect that it will be very entertaining!

PostPosted: September 27th, 2010, 10:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm mostly done with a GB2022 story, which I hope to have up before...well, I'll tentatively hope by the end of the year, and really hope to maybe have up by Halloween, but we'll see. I did complete one short piece that the Beta guys have seen, but it's mostly just lead in to "Toy Soldiers", and I won't put it out until I'm closer to having more of that story "in the can"

Freehomepages.com went kaput earlier this year, including both the Digimon site I stopped updating as well as, more importantly for Ectozone readers, some stories written by other people that nevertheless are GBOT canon. I've since "rescued" three of those stories, and they are now available on my site.

In order of occurance:

Ghostbusters: The Eyes Have Her
By Ghostdiva
1990--Timeline Year Eight
She had come so close. She had nearly claimed the soul of Janine Melnitz. There was only one way she could have been saved, but the man would never say it. And then he did...
(First Posted September 7, 2005)

Ghostbusters: As Dreams Fade
by Ben King
September 1991--Timeline Year Nine
The events of the last few months have seen business drying up, and the Ghostbusters nearing the breaking point. And when an accident causes serious injury to one of their own...things pass the breaking point...
(First Posted February 2004)

Ghostbusters: Winter of Discontent
By Brian Reilly
December 20, 1991--Timeline Year Nine
Winston Zeddemore has lost his job and his best friends. He's trying not be bitter about it as he marries his longtime live Kaila MacMillan, but he's not quite succeeding.
(First Posted January 2, 2004)

PostPosted: October 15th, 2010, 3:52 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Fritz wrote:
I'm mostly done with a GB2022 story, which I hope to have up before...well, I'll tentatively hope by the end of the year, and really hope to maybe have up by Halloween, but we'll see.

How's that going? You'll have to hurry if you are going to make Halloween!

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: October 15th, 2010, 9:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
Fritz wrote:
I'm mostly done with a GB2022 story, which I hope to have up before...well, I'll tentatively hope by the end of the year, and really hope to maybe have up by Halloween, but we'll see.

How's that going? You'll have to hurry if you are going to make Halloween!

I'll say it's still possible; my customary two-week beta period deadline for October 31 would be this Sunday; I can probably get it done in the next two days if Real Life lets me.

If not...well, first, since the two week period is self-imposed, and I'm not using anybody else's characters in this story, I could give myself some leeway. And the story doesn't take place during Halloween or anything (It's July 2022) so if I release it after, no big deal either.

Like I said, it's still a strong maybe.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2010, 5:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I finished the GB2022 story today. I hope to have Ogre look at it tonight, and upload the beta tomorrow.

I am conditionally slating it for October 31. If there is any delay, I'll let you know.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 1:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, here's the bad news:

I've decided not the post the next story on Sunday.

Here's why:

The story ventures into some...sensative territory. It's caused some discomfort from one beta reader, and another has suggested some revisions. I'm withdrawing the tentative release on Halloween to instead send out, probably on Monday (Nov 1), a third draft.

I apologize for the delays, but I think that the final result will be a better story for it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 812 Next