PostPosted: September 2nd, 2007, 12:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Old thread:
http://ectozone.proboards31.com/index.c ... 1095200613

Extreme Ghostbusters: Return of the Jersey Turnpike Terror

September 1993--Timeline Year Twenty One
It probably won't surprise you to learn that it's a sequel to "Terror on the Jersey Turnpike". But maybe who else shows up might be...

Extreme Ghostbusters: Return of the Jersey Turnpike Terror, Part Two

Nick the Biker Punk is loose!!! How will the Ghostbusters stop him? All I can say is...one member of the team thinks the plan is a real drag.

As I say in the blurbs, it's a sequel to "Terror on the Jersey Turnpike" starring the Extreme Ghostbusters--EGB Fan enjoyed that story so much she kept nagging me to do a sequel starring "her" characters, and I obliged. Not without a few spins of my own, of course--I took the opportunity to work in the first full present day version of the Spengler Twins, and the appearance of a couple of other adversaries makes this a sort of sequel for "Future Shocks" as well.

(Later events would nail it more clearly down in early September 2003. Kylie is has either just become pregnant with Rose, or will be very soon. It would be before the RGB gang makes their business trip to California as seen in "All Hell Breaks Loose".)

And the Apocrypha which led to it, which had it's own thread on the old board:

Extreme Ghostbusters Apocrypha: Keeping It Real

Apocrypha Era Three
Team Extreme finishes up a case at the phone company, and then is accosted by two strangely familiar bums at a Burger King. Who are they, and why do they insist that the Extreme Ghostbusters are imposters?

This story is a follow up to the Apocrypha version of "Future Shocks", and makes reference to it. It's also part of the same "EGB but didn't forget about 'Janine You've Changed'" alternate timeline I'd worked with some in "Till the Night Closes In" and "Charlie Takes the Fifth" (Apocrypha Version)

This was all I'd written of it before I started getting deep into the Timeline and the stories based on it--and the necessity of writing Jake and Eddie out. Peter Kong, a fan of the Filmation Ghostbusters, was a member of the GBWC at the time, so releasing the blatantly anti-FGB versions of the story weren't feasible.

And the other reason it ended there...I got stuck. I really wouldn't have a "good" idea until Rosey suggested bringing back Nick the Biker Punk, which gave me something to build the story around.

If I had continued the "original" version, I was playing around with the idea of having Jake and Eddie join forces with three more disgruntled fomer would-be Ghostbusters: the Junior Ghostbusters.

But I found myself violently opposed to acknowledging their existance in even the slightest way. Plus I still felt like I had to come up with some sort of supernatural twist, and nothing worked...

Then I rewrote "Future Shocks" with Dweeb and Loone, the Nick idea came up, and thus the "Return of the Jersey Turnpike Terror" we know today.