PostPosted: September 3rd, 2007, 3:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Thread at the former digs:
http://ectozone.proboards31.com/index.c ... 1108916713

Digibusters, Part One

Apocrypha Era Two: GB2 and beyond
A strange computer problem sends the guys and Janine into a bizzare alternate dimension that Ray recognizes as the "Digital World" straight out of the Digimon anime...

Digibusters, Part Two

Veemon leads the Ghostbusters to the tomb of Seraphimon. But they're not the only ones seeking the Celestial of Hope...

Digibusters, Part Three

The Digibusters are scattered; Venkman and Winston deal with weirdos on the train who actually make it a relief when they get attacked; Egon and Janine, meanwhile, deal with Serpahimon's startling transformation into a little creature with one oddly familiar attribute...

Digibusters, Part Four

Ray Stantz and Veemon are on the run, separated from the others, and get stuck in the middle when two angry, artillery laden android Digimon decide to have a showdown. And where is the last Beast Spirit?

ALL NEW!!! SEPTEMBER 3, 2007!!!
Digibusters, Part Five
Apocrypha Era Two--After GB2

The Ghostbusters and their allies have their fateful showdown with KingEtemon. But even the power of the Beast Spirits is no match for the Dark Network Concert Crush. Their only hope may lie with the most unlikely heroes of them all...

This story is a little out of order, but since I had a new chapter it works.

I started writing "Digibusters" over four years ago, in early 2003, but sort of lost interest as my GB fan fic started to get a lot of attention. So much stuff that "mattered", as opposed to this Apocrypha.

I posted parts one and two as a trial balloon, and got an okay reaction, but again with so much "real" stuff to do I didn't get around to it.

Earlier this year, I was feeling just a tad burned out on Ghostbusters and thus, over the last few months, finally got this puppy finished.

Since the very first version of the Ectozone went by the name "Digibusters", it seems oddly appropriate that the conclusion is the first all-new story announced on this board.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 4:33 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
...First the links don't work, and then the message doesn't want to be submitted. Did I stupidly hit the "cancel" button instead?

Let's try this one more time...

So, at last this story concludes. It's good to see Patamon and Gatomon together again. Both are well within my comfort zone, although I don't ever remember seeing Patamon warp digivolve. I do now recall golden armour digivolving. That was the point at which I thought: ok, it's just getting silly now (and that, I believe, was before DNA digivolving started).

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 5:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Technically, Patamon didn't warp digivolve on TV. However, in the Digimon Movie (they did make one; it was actually cobbled together out of three Japanese movie shorts) he did warp digivolve from Angemon to Seraphimon; it was the only place the Mega for TK's Patamon was established in animation.

In Digimon Frontier, however (the fourth season which was the most direct influence of "Digibusters") Seraphimon was one of the three Celestial Angels, along with Ophanimon and Cherubimon (who's not in this story). When Mercurymon drains Seraphimon's data, he is turned into an egg. When that egg hatches later, it's Patamon (Laura Summer didn't do the voice; Bridget Hoffman did do a credible impression of the earlier Patamon, though, and got to do the original Patamon in the 2005 "Revenge of Diaboromon" movie short)

Ophanimon was created for Season 4: Officially, the Mega for Kari Kamiya's Gatomon is Magnadramon, as seen in the same movie mentioned above. However, when the Season 4 Ophanimon is destroyed, she reincarnates as a Salamon, Gatomon's Rookie-level form.

So basically, I sort of combined both to create the Celestials for this story. And I used Etemon as the villain because, well, I thought he was a hoot.

Quote:
I do now recall golden armour digivolving. That was the point at which I thought: ok, it's just getting silly now (and that, I believe, was before DNA digivolving started).

That plot twist ended up being the beginning of the end for me too as far as Season 2. The Golden Digimental became the Crest of Kindness, an item who's existance was never properly explained, and the plot holes and random crap just sort of propogated after that.