It is currently September 20th, 2018, 3:56 am

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: November 10th, 2015, 11:50 am 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3105
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
Ghostbusters Apocrypha: Get Real, The Missing Scene
Apocrypha Era Two
We didn't get a scene like this in IDW's Ghostbusters Get Real, but we get it here. Yeah, longtime readers can probably guess what it's about.

It's a short piece that percolated into my mind over the course of the crossover, and was insanely easy to write. Since it's Apocrypha, I didn't bother with beta reading--so everybody gets surprised by it at once!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: November 12th, 2015, 10:19 am 
Offline
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 2:07 pm
Posts: 946
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Zodiac: Cancer
It's great to see that the new material has been inspiring you, Fritz. RGB Egon could hardly fail to notice how similar the two Janines look, which can only be an indication that the (original) RGB Janine is the most popular, or at least the most universally known. I wonder what they would discover if they actually could study these phenomena, as they were wishing!

It's too bad movie Egon can't come to terms with his feelings yet - and with the rules about who can and can't get together, perhaps he never will! I am neither a comic book reader nor the most emotionally invested E/J shipper, but I've seen some of the frustration in the comments, and I can understand it. There comes a time when the will they/won't they just gets annoying (and I get the feeling that maybe that point came and went a long time ago for this couple :roll: ).

_________________
EGB Fan's EGB Fans
Original Writing

'Rosey Collins an XGB fan from the UK.'
-Fil Barlow
Yep, that about sums me up. 8-)


Top
   
PostPosted: November 14th, 2015, 9:10 am 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2008, 6:48 pm
Posts: 410
Location: marooned on a small island.
Zodiac: Aquarius
Fantastic, Fritz. Absolutely bloody marvellous. 

All the way through the Get Real series I was waiting for a small scene like this. Thanks so much for giving us this lovely fic to fill in the blanks!  8-)

_________________
"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.


Top
   
PostPosted: November 14th, 2015, 12:06 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3105
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
EGBFan wrote:
It's great to see that the new material has been inspiring you, Fritz.


The series has been awesome, but it's hard to use much from it in GBOT canon, since it's built on RGB/EGB canon, in which in the time frame the IDW series is in the Ghostbusters were out of business. Not to say I don't try to sneak stuff in when I can--I establish a version of the Ghostsmashers existing back in "Enlightenment"

Quote:
RGB Egon could hardly fail to notice how similar the two Janines look,


And this is even after they changed IDW Janine's hair for this miniseries just to make them a little less alike. :lol:

Quote:
which can only be an indication that the (original) RGB Janine is the most popular, or at least the most universally known. I wonder what they would discover if they actually could study these phenomena, as they were wishing!


I admit, I could probably just as easily have any of the others converse similarly, though it would require a greater reliance on fanon and supposition. I mean, take Venkman for instance--you could almost make a case that Dana Barrett doesn't even exist in a "pure" RGB universe, since except for some of the comics she's never even mentioned. (Sure, there's the GB2 adaptation, but it's just that--an adaptation of movie material) The Rays comparing Elaine Fuhrman and Jenny Moran? The Winstons with RGB Winston's mostly-offcamera girlfriend and IDW Winston's heartbreaking situation with Tiyah?

Quote:
It's too bad movie Egon can't come to terms with his feelings yet - and with the rules about who can and can't get together, perhaps he never will! I am neither a comic book reader nor the most emotionally invested E/J shipper, but I've seen some of the frustration in the comments, and I can understand it. There comes a time when the will they/won't they just gets annoying (and I get the feeling that maybe that point came and went a long time ago for this couple :roll: ).


Yeah. Imagine if Sony was still putting EGB stuff out, and ten years from now Eduardo and Kylie were still officially "will they/won't they" and you could understand our frustration. :lol:

nikki wrote:
Fantastic, Fritz. Absolutely bloody marvellous.

All the way through the Get Real series I was waiting for a small scene like this. Thanks so much for giving us this lovely fic to fill in the blanks! 8-)


I can understand, with only so many pages, and the contentiousness in some quarters of the issues involved, why they didn't. But yeah, I was a bit disappointed too, and thus this story dribbled onto my keyboard.

One interesting insight I kind of kept in mind was Erik Burnham's interview, the one talked about here. Specifically...

Quote:
Maybe it’s just the RGB versions of the characters who are fated to be together? Blonde Egon seems like his head is screwed on tighter. (I bet he never tried trephination.)


I'm not giving up on the IDW versions by any stretch...but I tried to get at why that concept could be justified a little. IDW Egon just doesn't seem to have had the "Oh holy shit I do love her" moment like RGB Egon did in "Ragnarok and Roll". I still hope he gets it, and the circumstances aren't nearly as dire.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: November 14th, 2015, 12:50 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2008, 6:48 pm
Posts: 410
Location: marooned on a small island.
Zodiac: Aquarius
Fritz wrote:
I'm not giving up on the IDW versions by any stretch...but I tried to get at why that concept could be justified a little. IDW Egon just doesn't seem to have had the "Oh holy shit I do love her" moment like RGB Egon did in "Ragnarok and Roll". I still hope he gets it, and the circumstances aren't nearly as dire.


I'd absolutely love that to happen and for those two (especially Egon) to get some more character development like he did in RGB. I don't think it's likely, going from Burnham's comments, but here's hoping anyway...

Speaking of which, I'm living for those E/J variant covers they seem to like bringing out! 8-)

Kinda weird that some of the variants have managed to get Egon and Janine together in a romantic sense, but the content of the comics have kept them strictly apart. Doesn't Sony have any say in what is allowed on the variants? Because if Sony allow them to be almost kissing in the Get Real #1 variant and prominently together on a Valentine's Day variant cover, then it's a bit odd that they aren't allowed be together in the same sense in the comics themselves. :? :?:

_________________
"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

EctoGreen © 2008, 2014 Fritz Baugh

Imageset from ClassyDark by ayasha : ASDesignz Themes : Black-Fusion.com © 2007
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited