It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:09 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: February 14th, 2016, 9:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Valentine's Day 2016 has had a bit of a mystique in Ghosthead circles since 1989's Ghostbusters 2, when a guest on Venkman's public access show "World of the Psychic" pegged that date as "The End of the World" (in contrast to another guest, who'd basically had a semi-accurate guess of New Year's Eve that year. Because Vigo sure did his best on that one.)

So...is there anything to it?

Turns out, in the Ectozone/GBOT universe anyway, yes...

Extreme Ghostbusters: The End Of The World!
February 14, 2016--Timeline Year Thirty-Four
In a dark room, an old prophesy is about to come to pass.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2016, 12:37 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
This is the most unbelievable of all your stories Fritz. I mean are we really supposed to believe that the Obama administration would allow for paranormal oversight?! Lol

It was really good. Thanks. I actually was teasing a facebook friend about this. He said it would happen. I said that the GB didn't do aliens so he was screwed. I guess this solves that dilemma.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2016, 5:54 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
Oh hai Ortiz :venkman:

PostPosted: February 14th, 2016, 8:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
ghostdiva wrote:
It was really good. Thanks. I actually was teasing a facebook friend about this. He said it would happen. I said that the GB didn't do aliens so he was screwed. I guess this solves that dilemma.

I admit I wondered if I should have it actually be aliens, but I kept the statement in an early RGB comic in mind that Earth wouldn't have "official" contact with aliens for another two hundred years or so. I could have used the FBI to sweep it under the rug as an "unofficial" contact, and I'm not going to definitively say that it won't happen or hasn't already, but the creatures behind the Feb 14, 2016 prediction were supernatural creatures posing as aliens. I threw in all sorts of stuff from sci-fi and "real" UFO studies, so again, I can leave some carts and horses arguments up to interpretation.

I know this isn't a long, deep story--but it was a blast to do. I'm just glad I had the idea early enough to actually get it done. It seems all too often I'd have an idea like this on, oh, I dunno, February 13th and just not have the time.

HauntedWallflower wrote:
Oh hai Ortiz :venkman:

Since there was at least the possibility of alien involvement, it was pretty obvious early on that this would be a great way to introduce an Ectozone/GBOT version of Agent Ortiz. Some of the broad strokes of the character's introduction in the comics I see as still happening, just maybe a few years later in this timeline; it was probably the EGBs she and Savage encountered first instead of the original four.

Just like with mentioning the Ghostsmashers in "Enlightenment", and introducing (a very different I admit) Roger in "Froggy Halloween", if I can find a place to integrate some of Burnham and Schoening's great work into what I'm doing, I'll do it.

I'm glad some people enjoyed it.
:)