All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: June 13th, 2023, 6:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Ghostbusters 2021: Playtime
by Fritz Baugh and EGB Fan
July 2021--Timeline Year Thirty-Nine
The new team of Ghostbusters goes on their first official case!

The story was born, in part, out of some discussions EGB Fan and I had years ago about a couple of characters of just about the same age having been raised in the same place, and whether that should mean we should give them a connection. Rosey wrote up a great scene defining that, and giving me some great new details about one of the new (Ectozone) Ghostbusters' backstory, so I knew I had to write a longer story around it.

The idea I had was to give us a look at the 202X team's first official case, with a problem inspired by an enemy I'd been thinking of using in a now-dead Pathfinder 2 campaign.

I hope you'll enjoy it despite the long time it took to be finished.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2023, 8:10 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Fritz wrote:
Ghostbusters 2021: Playtime
by Fritz Baugh and EGB Fan
July 2021--Timeline Year Thirty-Nine
The new team of Ghostbusters goes on their first official case!

The story was born, in part, out of some discussions EGB Fan and I had years ago about a couple of characters of just about the same age having been raised in the same place, and whether that should mean we should give them a connection. Rosey wrote up a great scene defining that, and giving me some great new details about one of the new (Ectozone) Ghostbusters' backstory, so I knew I had to write a longer story around it.

I boldly put in some of those details about TJ (being less ambigous there :D), quite prepared for Fritz to ask questions and maybe want to tweak a few things (I'm thinking now specifically of what I said about her childhood home). But no, all good. Maybe he just figured he'd bow to my superior knowledge (of London). ;)

This is an important step for the young ghostbusting team in GBOT continuity. Glad you got around to finishing it. 8-)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: June 14th, 2023, 2:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
EGBFan wrote:
I boldly put in some of those details about TJ (being less ambigous there :D), quite prepared for Fritz to ask questions and maybe want to tweak a few things (I'm thinking now specifically of what I said about her childhood home). But no, all good. Maybe he just figured he'd bow to my superior knowledge (of London). ;)

Well, yeah, that's pretty much it. You gave me a lot more detail than I ever would have thought of asking for. I think it threaded the needle (also being less ambiguous) between noting that TJ and Emi did, indeed, attend the same school at the same time without overly tying the two together. I realized we already have most of the cast knowing each other to some extent when the team formed in June, so I didn't want to stray too far from her being the "outsider" in sorta the same way Winston started as one in the original team. But at the same time, it does give us a building block to future stories. Maybe the story of Jess and Hayden's wedding needs some new material in light of this? (That's completely your call, of course)

Quote:
This is an important step for the young ghostbusting team in GBOT continuity. Glad you got around to finishing it. 8-)

Kind of like the last couple stories...it seemed like once I could get my head clear enough from all the other problems I'm dealing with it actually came together pretty quick. Next story's a little bigger in scope, but I'm really hoping to get it out before the end of the year.

The title is "The Monster of Lungbarrow", it takes place in 2023, and that's all I'm spilling for now. ;)