It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:53 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: June 8th, 2021, 8:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
We know all about the history of the Spengler Twins and Eric Stantz, and quite a lot of the history that brought Marie Lupin into being...so maybe, I thought, it would be a great time to put a slight bit of spotlight to the background of the 202X team's most mysterious member:

Ghostbusters 2021: Born To The Purple
June 2021--Timeline Year Thirty-Nine
Five days ago, Scotland Yard Occult Crimes Unit Detective Inspector Tessa Jane Anderson arrived in New York on an investigation of a mysterious death by zombies. She soon found herself facing the attempted return of a dark god, at the side of three second generation Ghostbusters and the daughter of a werewolf. They saved the world. Now, Inspector Anderson returns to her London home...no longer quite as certain where she is meant to be.

And I'm already at work on another 202X story, which among other things will wrap up one little dangling reference going all the way back to "Future Shocks". I hope I'll have it ready soon.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2021, 3:50 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Capricorn
I wonder when someone first pointed out the parallel of "same color, but with orange trim" for John/TJ teasing?

Eden's reaction, on the other hand, would probably be something like this:

"An odd coincidence, to be sure, but my parents represent only a single data point. If John and Tessa never become romantically involved, then Mother and Father remain a statistical outlier. Only if they begin dating will the similar color choices be considered relevant for future data sets."

PostPosted: June 9th, 2021, 9:00 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Terrace wrote:
I wonder when someone first pointed out the parallel of "same color, but with orange trim" for John/TJ teasing?

Eden's reaction, on the other hand, would probably be something like this:

"An odd coincidence, to be sure, but my parents represent only a single data point. If John and Tessa never become romantically involved, then Mother and Father remain a statistical outlier. Only if they begin dating will the similar color choices be considered relevant for future data sets."

Probably pretty accurate.

Janine noticed it immediately at the end of "Eye of Aretpo", though now we know she already knew about TJ's uniform choice--thus her note of amusement ("an enigmatic smile") at the end of "Born to the Purple" Heck, considering that this case was a complete coincidence, and Janine's uniform choice was almost certainly a deliberate parallel to Egon's, Janine would argue that this is an even bigger signal.

I guess Marie Lupin almost certainly was the first one to actually make jokes about it; I guess by the time the next story takes place it's a year later so she's stopped picking at that scab. For the most part.