It is currently March 18th, 2024, 10:37 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
 Post subject: Re: Art Updates
PostPosted: May 15th, 2008, 6:11 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Very nice. It seems to me that the changes to Roland are particularly pronounced - he looks a lot more like himself now.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 15th, 2008, 9:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Yeah. The old picture was probably the worst one of the lot. He looked completely generic when I first drew it, and even after I modified it later it was still way off. The new one is a lot better.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2008, 1:28 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
cool stuff there looks good

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: May 16th, 2008, 1:10 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Excellent, Fritz. Keep up the good work! :D

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: May 19th, 2008, 4:50 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Capricorn
I also notice that you changed the picture of TJ Anderson of the 2023 Ghostbusters. I assume that's how she'll look in Ghostbusters 2021: The Eye of Arepto?

PostPosted: May 19th, 2008, 5:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

More or less. She's more or less based off a character I've run in RPGs off and on over the last...wow..fifteen years. For most of that time, I drew her with long hair; the tail in earlier pictures was a compromise as it was distinctively different from Eden and Marie (and I figured, in her mind, it made more sense when busting ghosts than leaving it all hanging out)

The last couple of years I've been drawing the RPG character with shorter hair, and finally decided the Ghostbuster character would "catch up". I'm not quite retconning the longer hair out, though--I figure it was shorter when she first joined in 2021, tried growing it out for a few years, but will probably have cut it back off by the next story I write set in 2024 or later.

Good eye again.
:D

PostPosted: August 18th, 2008, 9:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Color versions of the Peoplebusters, including the conjectural versions of Winston (previously mentioned in "Pandora's Box") and Janine

http://www.ectozone.com/images/pb.php

Janine doesn't look much like the one who appeared briefly in "Flip Side", but that was based on the spineless Kath Soucie imposter anyway.

If you've read the most recent chapter of "Flip Side War", take a look at this. If you haven't read it, it's a big spoiler:
http://www.ectozone.com/images/xpb.php

PostPosted: August 19th, 2008, 7:59 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I have commented on these in email, but I don't remember exactly what I said.

Anyway, I may not have liked the RGB episode that inspired all of this much (I wouldn't know about the comics), but so much of what Fritz has done with it has been tremendous fun and the Extreme Peoplebusters are, of course, top of my list. :D I'm glad to see some polished art now that their story is out.

As for the PB Janine picture, I think she'll appeal to the anti-Soucies among you. ;)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2009, 8:01 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Location: New York, New York. Manhattan Island (SoHo district)
Zodiac: Scorpio
You know, I think it's strange that some of you seem to hate Kath Soucie on a personal level. What the hell did she really do, anyways? It's not like she walked into the studio and said "I'm here for the Janine-ruining tryouts."

It's not as if she went out of her way to dash Janine's character against the wall. She's a nice woman who enjoys her work.

If you want someone to blame for killing Janine, the hatred should be directed at network big-wigs who feel that they need to "fix" a good thing by stepping in.

I think I'll step up and claim myself to be a Soucie supporter. I liked both Summer AND Soucie, as they both did a wonderful job with what they had to work with.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2009, 11:46 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

DrVincentBelmont wrote:
You know, I think it's strange that some of you seem to hate Kath Soucie on a personal level. What the hell did she really do, anyways? It's not like she walked into the studio and said "I'm here for the Janine-ruining tryouts."

It's not as if she went out of her way to dash Janine's character against the wall. She's a nice woman who enjoys her work.

If you want someone to blame for killing Janine, the hatred should be directed at network big-wigs who feel that they need to "fix" a good thing by stepping in.

I think I'll step up and claim myself to be a Soucie supporter. I liked both Summer AND Soucie, as they both did a wonderful job with what they had to work with.

You know what, Vincent? You're right. Soucie must've been trying to make the best of a bad situation. For all we know, they could've threatened her with firing if she didn't use the voice she provided for Janine, instead of one that closely resembled Summer's take (After all, I would certainly LIKE to believe that).

PostPosted: February 24th, 2009, 9:06 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, no, I don't think Soucie came in going "I want to see how badly I can ruin this character." She's dome brilliant work on other shows--just not this one. Like Dave Coulier she did better when given better material (ie any JMS script, especially "Janine, You've Changed"), but the mandates of the Pointed Headed Suits and general decline in script quality made it impossible for her to have a real chance of doing well.

Suffice it to say, me referring to the "Kath Soucie Imposter Janine" was more a knock on the entire re-imagining of the character, not on her in specific. It was just a bit of shorthand. I suppose in the future a phrase like "Post JMS Imposter Janine" might work better. :lol:

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 8:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

For those who think I'm intractably dead set against using anything from the upcoming video games:

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Jani ... -119822391
:janine:

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 9:07 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Very nice, Fritz. But would that be Janine as she would appear "currently"? (As in, wearing that hairstyle today?)

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 9:35 am 
Moononite
Moononite

I'm proud of you boy, you're making progress...

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 6:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Terrace wrote:
Very nice, Fritz. But would that be Janine as she would appear "currently"? (As in, wearing that hairstyle today?)

That's the possibility (I'm waiting to hear from some of the others before "establishing" it). I figure everyone would think of her 1991 hairstyle as either the one in the 1990 RGB episodes and/or the one in the PS3/360 versions of the video game, leaving the Wii/PS2 one "open" for our use.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next