PostPosted: September 18th, 2007, 6:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Previous Discussion

Dreams Reborn, Part One
By EGB Fan, Ben King, and Fritz Baugh

December 1997--Timeline Year 15
Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, and Winston Zeddemore have returned to the company they helped build. Is there still a place for Eduardo, Kylie, Roland, and Garrett?

Dreams Reborn, Part Two

A major development in Egon and Janine's relationship leaves the newer Ghostbusters--especially Kylie--feeling more alienated than ever.

Dreams Reborn, Part Three

Suddenly, there's not much question--with the original Ghostbusters out of action, Team Extreme is the only hope the city has...

This is a thematic sequel to As Dreams Fade, and even if you don't normally read EGB stories, the original Ghostbusters play a big part in this story. Think of it this way: if you liked "Back In The Saddle", this is a sort of companion piece. And if you maybe didn't like "Back In The Saddle"...maybe this will be a good replacement...

The opening scene of the story actually takes place during "Back In The Saddle", and was intended to help complete the bridging of the RGB/EGB gap, at least as it had been defined in GBOT continuity. A lot of the remaining issues--other than one big one Venkman doesn't know about--from the gap are brought into the open and dealt with here, and I was quite pleased how it came out.

And when I said "Major development" in Egon and Janine's relationship, I meant it. The scene in question helped set up future developments, and I like how honestly it dealt with their relationship. It acknowledged that they had had their problems and both made a ton of mistakes. But what relationship is perfect? Their's isn't, but it's endured anyway.

The arc continues from there in Vincent's still-incomplete "Mito-conundrum" and then veers back to "Hearts In Eclipse", where several more land mines go off...

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 10:06 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Quite enjoyable!

PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 3:30 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
This is the one that made me less skeptical of EGB. I got to see Back in the Saddle after that and concluded that EGB are not as bad as it looked when I first chanced upon them on TV years ago; imagine the horror and embarrassment this diehard RGB fan felt when he saw it! :)