It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:12 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: September 20th, 2007, 5:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus

Ghostbusters Apocrypha: Til The Night Closes In

Apocrypha Era Two--After Ghostbusters 2
A look at what might have been...things go much better for Egon and Janine in 1991, after "Invasion of the Danish Snatchers"...
---------------------------------------

I first wrote this little piece about two years ago, when I was contemplating doing some modification to the official continuity. Basically, the issue was "JMS or EGB?" Do I follow the natural flow of events from "Janine You've Changed" and have the Spenglers get married in 1992 and the Twins born in 1993, or do I stick with the Official Version, namely EGB, which had Egon and Janine not married yet.

After some soul-searching, obviously I stuck with the Official Version (and had the nuptuals take place after EGB) After the release of the Timeline I realized it'd be unseemly to start contradicting the very continuity I helped solidify, and I'd released Clinically Insane which was both well-recieved, fit the Official Continuity better, and would've obviously been invalidated by the "Spengler 1992" idea.

Not to say that this story went unused: I recycled some bits into part 1 of Zodiac Imperative; and the last scene got recycled and integrated into part 2 of Dreams Reborn

I originally wrote the first part of Return of the Jersey Turnpike Terror with this idea in mind also, and actually set it in 1997. It was changed before release to take place in 2003. You can see that in the Apocrypha story Keeping It Real

In one draft of his follow-up to Ghostbusting 101, Kingpin did make a note or two creating the possibility that Lydia Cranston, an ancient languages student whom Egon had a crush on back at Columbia, might be canonized. (But if so, I'd be pretty insistant that the rest of the story: "She's happily married and lives in California--she's a computer science researcher at Stanford. She does send a Christmas card every year." be canonized too. Hm...something to keep in mind if Kingpin ever does that story about Ray's years at Stanford, I guess...)

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 10:05 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
This story is so cute! :ej4ever:

PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 3:36 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
The way it all should have been, except that 1991 still seems rather late. :) I mean, come on, if the whole franchise hadn't had to be so child-safe Egon would have lost his virginity in, like, 1985. :) I'm not sure that a guy can flat out refuse when a girl he knows he likes offers herself on a gold rimmed plate? At least I've never heard it can happen; of course Egon is a difficult case. :)