It is currently October 16th, 2019, 9:12 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14
PostPosted: September 29th, 2019, 7:58 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Insert 3: The L Word, by me.

6 – 7 April 1999: Eduardo and Kylie take a big step in their relationship.
Rated M

And now, the time has come for me to explain about Extensions, for this story has its own Extension: Head, Heart, Loins (Chapter 3 Excerpt). The adult version of this story has been available at aff.org for some time now; the excerpt is a 'clean' section (that is, clean enough to be rated T on EGB Fan's EGB Fans) which we felt deserved a home on the website. (That's why it seems like it should really be part of the Insert itself; 'Head, Heart Loins' was actually written around 'The L Word', though the latter is only now being released.)

Some of our upcoming Inserts will also have Extensions: one more excerpt, then no fewer than four stories which are detailed enough to have their own release date, a week after the Insert (this means that, on these occasions, there will be releases three Sundays in a row). In every case, there is an adult version available elsewhere, for those curious and/or dedicated enough to find it (well, it shouldn't be hard - er - difficult).

'Rosey Collins an XGB fan from the UK.'
-Fil Barlow
Yep, that about sums me up. 8-)

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2019, 9:17 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
EGBFan wrote:
Insert 3: The L Word, by me.

6 – 7 April 1999: Eduardo and Kylie take a big step in their relationship.
Rated M

And now, the time has come for me to explain about Extensions, for this story has its own Extension: Head, Heart, Loins (Chapter 3 Excerpt). The adult version of this story has been available at aff.org for some time now; the excerpt is a 'clean' section (that is, clean enough to be rated T on EGB Fan's EGB Fans) which we felt deserved a home on the website. (That's why it seems like it should really be part of the Insert itself; 'Head, Heart Loins' was actually written around 'The L Word', though the latter is only now being released.)

Some of our upcoming Inserts will also have Extensions: one more excerpt, then no fewer than four stories which are detailed enough to have their own release date, a week after the Insert (this means that, on these occasions, there will be releases three Sundays in a row). In every case, there is an adult version available elsewhere, for those curious and/or dedicated enough to find it (well, it shouldn't be hard - er - difficult).

Ah yes, the stories where the unrequited lovers become unrequited. These are always fun to write and read. Well, there are some that aren't fun to read, like when the two lovers to be are completely wrong for each other and it's a trainwreck...but this is definitely not that. A lot more heart-to-heart talking than in the last such story I did but the end result (hurf hurf) was the same. :roll:

Thanks as always for a good read.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 3:56 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Gemini
As I said after the first Insert, it takes a very special kind of fan dedication to build a tangible, fully immersive world based on a show like EGB, and this is particularly true of developing relationships that are obviously ready to move on to the next level but you know never would have done so on TV for fear of messing with the status quo and ruining the show. That's not to say that some shows haven't actually been ruined by messing with the status quo, which is why everyone should realise when it's time to shake things up with a spin-off like The Riveras!

Fortunately for Eduardo and Kylie, Rosey has always been there to move things on for them at the right time and ensure their relationship pans out in the right way, as it does here with those all-important L-word confessions. The addition of the real-life cat antics that I can easily relate to my own feline experiences over the past few decades is a touch that I certainly enjoy too.

I was vociferous in the idea that the "leaky nipples" excerpt would make a good Extension for this one, and I still think it does. As I've said in a comment about that particular story on a certain other website, I do feel that Eduardo's relationship with Kevin is by far the most positive aspect of his pre-Ghostbuster life that the cartoon presents to us (as a brief but clear aspect of 'Rage') and it's nice to include that memory on our website as part of the whole Rivera family history/interplay/dynamics that we've become so deeply immersed in.

PostPosted: October 4th, 2019, 5:10 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Thanks as always for the comments, guys. These are nearly all ideas I've explored in the past, probably even before my fanfic activities settled into the GBOT continuity, and a version of them needed to go into the Collinsverse too; this is certainly a major event between the Virtual Season and The Riveras that needed to be Inserted. I do think, though, this is the first time I worked in the idea of Eduardo defacing Catholic school statues - but I've thought about it from time to time over the last fifteen years or more, since I heard the true story from my psychology teacher (I adapted Eduardo's version from the original 'big, fat felt-tip pen' and 'various bits of... hair').

'Rosey Collins an XGB fan from the UK.'
-Fil Barlow
Yep, that about sums me up. 8-)

PostPosted: October 13th, 2019, 5:31 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Gemini
Insert 4: The Bigger Picture, by me.

11 October 1999: Kevin and his seventh-grade classmates go on a residential trip. (This story takes place during The Riveras: 'All in a Day's Work'.)
Rated T

As avid fans of the Collinsverse will doubtless recall, Kevin and the rest of his class went on an activity holiday about a month into seventh grade. This is the story of what happened on their first day at Little Canada, during which time Carl was solving a murder with the cast of NYPD Blue back in New York.

This is the only Insert that's exclusively "Kevin-and-the-Gang-y", which is certainly not a mistake or oversight as they've already had loads of screen-time, not least in their their very own spin-off series. However, I felt this story was well worth doing because it explores Kevin and the gang as we have hardly ever seen them before. This is the time when Kevin, Jandro and Lucy have formed a very strong friendship trio but are extremely wary of Michael and not particularly friendly with Ella, and no one except Kevin has even met Oscar yet!

As for Michael and Ella themselves, the last we heard of their relationship was Ella threatening to end it if Michael carried on being a jerk to people for no reason, and Michael begging desperately not to get dumped. So you see, these group dynamics are largely unexplored and I was interested to go back and take a quick look at them, and how they slot into the journey to becoming friends for life.

This one also contains a scene that was promised a while back: the exchange between twelve-year-old Michael and twelve-year-old Mark Warner that made it pretty much a certainty that Michael would end up giving Mark a thorough pasting someday.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14