All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Halloween Party
PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:10 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Title: Halloween Party
Author: Shafarah White
Dislclaimer: I do not own the Real Ghostbusters. I only own my characters, Julianna and Carlton Stantz.
copyright:2007

It was a warm fall day in October and the Ghostbusters pulled into the firehouse after a day of busting ghosts and other supernatural things, that almost took up the whole day.

"Man, that was tiring," Peter complained as they all stepped out of Ecto-1. He went over to Janine's desk and put the checks down. "Here Janine, when you have time, could you run these down to the bank?"

Janine looked up from the reports that she was filing and saw the tired look on Peter's face. She asked, "What's wrong, Dr. Venkman? You guys had a long day?"

"You have no idea, Janine. If I see another class 5 ghost it will be too soon. I'm going to clean up then lay down." Peter replied to her as he went upstairs to clean up and take a nap.

"Make sure no one wakes me up, especially the spud!" he called from downstairs.

Ray came back up from the basement, where he had just finished putting the ghosts away in the containment unit. He went to clean himself up before going home. He was a bit tired, but happy that they had caught the ghosts.

"That was a great bust!" he declared with a smile on his face. "I'm glad that we caught those goopers! I can't wait to tell my family every detail."

Winston nodded in agreement as he was putting his uniform away. "I agree with you, Ray. I bet that they can hardly wait to hear all about it, they'll be so happy. I'm glad that this day is over and we can relax."

"I concur, Winston," Egon replied coming down from the third floor. He had gone up to check on his experiment he was working on. "Those ghosts we have caught today were quite a handful. But they're safely locked in the containment unit."

Egon looked at Ray. "You did put them in didn't you, Ray?"

Ray feigned a hurt look. "Egon. Please, I'm not Peter. I never forget to do anything that important."

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

Last edited by SuperStantzio on November 11th, 2007, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:11 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

"I know, Ray. I was just making sure," Egon replied

A little while later, after saying good night to the guys, Ray headed out the door to go home. He got into his car and drove off, an hour later, he pulled up in his driveway. He went to the front door and went in.

"Elaine, kids! I'm home!" he called

CJ and Jules appeared as they heard their dad coming in.

"Hey, Dad!" CJ greeted as he shook his father's hand.

"Hi Daddy, how was work?" Jules inquired giving him a hug.

"It was good, but a little tiring. But we did get the ghost," he smiled, "Where's your mom?"

"She's in the bedroom, taking a nap. She has a cold," CJ explained.

"Oh. Do you guys have anything to eat for dinner tonight? If not, I'll go get us something," Ray asked.

"We do. Mom told us there was meatloaf from last night with the potatoes and vegetables. We can make rice krispy treats for dessert." Jules replied.

Ray nodded. "Okay. I'm going to see how your mom is doing."

He got up from the chair and went into their bedroom. Ray entered quietly making sure not make any noise since Elaine might be sleeping. He went over to the bed and gave Elaine a soft kiss on her cheek. "Hey, sweetheart," he whispered, "How are you doing?"

Elaine slowly stirred and answered, "Terrible. I just feel a bit sick and I kept coughing most of the day. I already took two Advils and I'm feeling a bit hungry."

Ray hugged her, "Don't worry. I'll heat you up some chicken soup. Would you like some of that?"

Elaine gave him one of her sweet smiles despite having her cold. "Yes. Thanks, honey."

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:12 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

"You're welcome," Ray smiled back. After talking to her for a while about how the day went, and the bust that he and the guys had done, he got up again.

"I'll be back with your soup and to get the kids ready with dinner and dessert." He then gave her another kiss and turned on the television set so Elaine could watch. Fluffy and Princess came into the bedroom to keep Elaine company.

Elaine smiled at Ray while sitting up in the bed laying her head against the pillow. Ray came back down to the kitchen were the kids were making their plates, getting ready to eat dinner.

"Is Mom okay?" Jules asked.

"Yeah," CJ added.

"She's doing okay but feels a bit sick though," Ray said as he got out the broth and ingredients to make homemade chicken soup. He heated up the broth and placed the chicken, rice and veggies into the soup. He added them to the broth when it was hot and ready. He decided to make Elaine some hot tea as well. He started the water pot on the stove for the water to heat up.

"Are you all waiting for me?" Ray asked the kids who were sitting at the dinner table with their plates filled.

Both kids nodded their heads. Ray then told them, "You guys can start without me, I'm going to take some soup and tea to your Mom."

PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:12 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Ray was thinking for a moment. "Hopefully if we don't have any late busts doing the day, then yes we will be there," he told the kids.

"I'm really excited about this," Jules said.

CJ agreed with his sister, "Yeah, me too. I think this will be a lot better than going trick or treating."

Ray looked at them with his eyebrow raised, "Oh, really?"

"Yes, we're getting older. Trick and treating are for little kids, Dad," CJ replied.

The soup was now done and Ray started serving it into a bowl. Afterwards, he added a little basil to give it some flavor. He then placed it on a serving tray along with Elaine's tea.

"I'll be back, kids. I'm going to serve your mom her soup and tea," Ray told the kids as headed down the bedroom with Elaine's food.

"Elaine, it's time for dinner," Ray called to her as he entered with her soup and tea.

"Oh, good. I'm really hungry," said Elaine, smiling as Ray placed the tray down on the bed.

"Here you go, sweetheart," Ray said helping her with the tray. Elaine reached for the spoon and tasted Ray's chicken soup.

"This is great!" Elaine said as she started eating. "Thanks, Ray."

Ray blushed slightly, "You're welcome, Elaine. I'm glad that you liked it."

PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:13 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Elaine continued to eat her soup and drink her tea. “What are the kids doing?” She asked.

Ray told her, “They’re in the living room eating. We were talking about how the day went. The kids tell me that there’s going to be a Halloween party at the school on Saturday from 8 to 11 pm. I do hope that you’ll feel better soon so we both can go. I told them that we can go if I don’t have any late busts and I’ll invite the guys to go along, too. They think it’s better than going trick or treating.”

Elaine couldn’t help but smile at the comment, “Really? Remember they’re growing up, they'd like to attend parties."

Elaine let out another cough while drinking more of her tea. “I really can’t wait for this cold to go away. I've had it for the last two days.”

Ray rubbed her back, “I’m sorry to hear that, sweetheart. I really hope that you’ll better soon.”

Elaine smiled at him and blew him a kiss. “Thanks, Ray.”

She was finished with her soup and tea, so Ray removed the tray from the bed.

“You relax and watch TV. Just let me know what else you want and I’ll get for you. I’m going to eat with the kids and help with them with the rice krispy treats.” He whispered while pulling the covers up to her chin.

I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Elaine snuggled up the to covers. "I'll be fine. Don't worry."

Ray kissed the top of her head, "Okay, sleep tight." He then left the room.

Ray returned to the kitchen, where the kids were now finished with their dinner. He put the dishes in the sink.

"You all finished with dinner?" Ray asked the kids.

"Yes. We were a bit hungry," Jules replied. She made the dishwater and she started washing the dishes and putting them on the other side after they were scrubbed.

"We tried waiting for you. But you were with Mom, so we ate," explained CJ as he rinsed the dishes and put them on the rack to dry while Ray was eating his dinner.

After washing the dishes and drying them, the kids were now ready to make rice krispy treats.

"We're going to make rice krispy treats now," said CJ, "Would you like some when they're done, Dad?"

Ray nodded, "Yes, I would. I'll bet your mom would like a taste too. So leave us some."

"Okay, Daddy, we will," promised Jules as the kids started to make them.

I Have No Life
I Have No Life

The kids were having a merry time making the Rice Krispy treats. Despite making a little mess, it was very enjoyable.

This only had taken 15 minutes to make, the kids added some Reese's Pieces to them to give it a little flavor.

Jules made the mixture of the Rice Krispies and CJ then spread it over the pan using his hands.

After this was completed, the kids waited a little bit before cutting the treats in squares.

Now the treats were ready to be cut into squares, CJ cut them carefully so he wouldn't hurt himself. Jules put some on a plate so their mom and dad could have a taste.

"The treats are now finished," said Jules as she and CJ stepped out the kitchen and into the dining room where Ray was waiting.

"Mmm, those look delicious," Ray smiled as the kids gave him some of the treats.

"Thanks, Dad," CJ smiled. The kids watched Ray as he took a bit of one of the squares.

"This is really good!" Ray delcared as he took another bite. "Good job, kids. I'm going to take some to your mom so she can taste them."

Both kids smiled, "Thanks, Dad. We're glad that you enjoyed them."

PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:14 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Ray replied. “Anytime, kids.” He then got up from the chair carrying some of the treats on the plate. “I’m going to take some to your mom so she can enjoy these, too.”

Both kids nodded as they sat down at the table eating the treats that they had just made.

Ray went down to his and Elaine’s bedroom opening the door carefully, whispering, “Hey Elaine, I brought some dessert for you.”

Elaine turned her head towards Ray. “Mmm, that looks delicious. Did the kids make those?”

Ray nodded, “Yes, they did. They were really good, too. Here, I brought you some so you can have a taste.”

Elaine took the plate and set it on her lap, she took one of the treats and bit into it.

“Yum! These are tasty!” Elaine grinned. “The kids did a good job making them."

“Yeah,” Ray agreed, “You’ve taught them well.”

“I know,” Elaine said. “They added Reese’s Pieces this time.”

She continued to eat them. When she had finished, she handed the plate back to Ray. “Thanks for bringing some for me,” she said.

“You’re welcome,” Ray replied. He kissed the top of her head and headed out the room.

A few days later came Saturday, the day of the Halloween party at CJ and Jules’ school.

The guys had returned to the firehouse after doing one call at the local video store, where a ghost was causing trouble.

I Have No Life
I Have No Life

The guys stepped out of Ecto. "That was the longest bust we ever did," Peter complained as he set the check down on Janine's desk. "That took the whole morning and some of the afternoon. Why can't that ghost slime someone else for once?"

"Calm down, Pete," Winston told him as he took off his uniform and hung it back up in his closet. "You're not the only who had gotten slimed, he also slimed Egon, too."

"Oh thanks, Winston," Peter said sarcastically. "That's a real comfort." He then went upstairs to clean up.

Ray came from the basement after putting the ghost away. "Wow! That was a great bust! I'm sure glad that we caught that ghost....by the way, d'you all wanna go to the Halloween party at the kids school? It starts at 8pm and ends at 11 pm and Elaine's gonna meet us there and wear costumes," he said.

All the guys-as well as Janine- said yes. A little while later, everyone was cleaned up and ready to go.

Everyone was dressed up in their costumes, Ray was going as Super Mario, Winston was dressed like Sherlock Holmes, Egon as a skeleton, Peter as a gangster and Janine as a 1920s glamour girl.

It was around 8:00 time to head out to the school for the party.

Twenty minutes later, the guys arrived at the school, where Elaine met them at the door wearing her Princess Peach costume.

I Have No Life
I Have No Life

"Hi, Everyone," Elaine said as the guys went up to her. "You all make it here alright?"

Winston smiled, "Yes, we did. Thanks for asking."

"Come on, guys. I think the kids are inside," Ray said as everyone went inside.

At the party, CJ and Jules were hanging out with their friends. CJ was dressed in a costume as Captain Steel and he was hanging out with his friends, Ronnie and Jason as well as another friend he had met, Chris. They were having a good time so far eating and drinking some punch.

In another corner, Jules was chatting with her friends, Melissa, Nicole and Charlie and she was dressed as Princess Zelda. They were also having a good time.

"Hey Jules, isn't that your parents and the guys coming in the door over there?" Nicole asked.

Jules looked over and nodded her head. "Yes, that's them. Come on, I think they want to see us."

Both groups of kids went over to where the guys were standing with Ray and Elaine.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:15 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

"Hey, kids, are you all having a good time?" Ray asked. All the kids said yes. CJ told them that in the middle of the gym they had a haunted house that you can enter and it was fun. Over at the tables there was punch and food incase they got hungry.

"Who wants to go into the haunted house?" Winston asked. Everyone wanted to go but Egon and Janine decided to pass on while the others went in.

"Ok, suit yourselves," Peter told them, after Egon told the others that they could go ahead.

The guys, Elaine and the kids went inside the haunted house. They were having the time of their lives, pretending to scream with fright while Egon and Janine decided to wait.

"You don't like haunted houses, Janine?" Egon asked.

"No. Not really," she answered. "I went to one when I was younger with my brother and sister. It was in Central Park during Halloween. I was dragged along with them. And the one I went to, was really scary. I actually begged to be taken home. After that, I never went to one again."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Janine. I've never been to a haunted house," Egon replied. "Would you like to get something to eat?"

"Yes, I would," Janine smiled at Egon as they walked over to the table.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:15 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Egon and Janine sat down at the table after getting a bit to eat while waiting for the others to emerge from the haunted house.

They were chatting more about how things were going with the busts, and how their families were doing. Just then, the others came out of the haunted house.

"That was awesome! The school did a great job with the haunted house. They gave us a real scare," declared Ray in excitement.

"That was very entertaining," Elaine added while holding on to her husband.

The kids now decided to get something to drink after their fun time in the haunted house.

"That was the best haunted house ever, right everyone?" Jules grinned. All of her friends nodded their heads.

"Yes, I agree with that. I've never been that scared before," Nicole said, her heart beating very fast.

After calming down and telling Egon and Janine what they had missed while everyone else was in the in the haunted house, they separated from the adults so the could talk amongst themselves.

Post subject: Re: Halloween Party
PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:16 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

"You should've went in there," Ray told Egon and Janine. "That was the best haunted house ever."

"Yeah, it was," Peter nodded in agreement. "Why didn't you go in?"

"Well, I've never been in one before," Egon replied, pushing his glasses back up his nose.

"Me either," added Janine. "I had a bad experince with a haunted house once when I was a kid."

"Why don't you two go in?" Elaine asked, "You'll enjoy it."

"Just give it a chance," said Peter grinning wickedly. "And Janine, if you get scared, you have Egon to hang on to."

After thinking for a moment, Egon and Janine decided to go in.

"Okay," Egon said. "We'll go in and check it out."

After Egon and Janine went into the haunted house, the guys and Elaine were looking for something else to do.

Winston then noticed the bobbing for apples game. "Hey, do you all want to play bob for apples? I haven't played that for a long time. Since I was a kid, in fact."

Everyone nodded their heads as they headed towards the game.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:17 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

At the bobbing for apples booth, the guys and Elaine were standing in line for the game. Peter decided to go first. he bent over and tried to grab onto the apple in the water with his teeth. He missed and ended up dunking his whole face in the water. He was a little embarrassed.

“Nuts. I almost got it,” he grumbled as he went to dry his face off. Next it was Winston’s turn. He carefully dipped his face in and grabbed the apple with his teeth. He smiled, knowing that he still knew how to do it. “Next time, Pete, don’t put your face in too close to the water.” he advised him.

“Yeah, I know,” he nodded after wiping his face off with a towel. After Winston had had his turn, Elaine went next and tried her luck at getting a apple with her teeth. But she also missed. “Oh well, maybe next time.” She smiled - at least she tried her best. “Good try, Elaine,” Ray told her.

“Thanks, Ray.” Elaine said.

Then Ray took his turn and he also caught an apple with his teeth.

“Good job,” all the others said together.

“Thanks.” Ray smiled as he held the apple in his hand.

Just then, Egon and Janine came out of the haunted house and, spotting the guys at the booth, headed over to join them.

“Did you enjoy it?” Winston asked them.

“Yes, we certainly did,” Janine smiled at Egon. “It was awesome and it helped me get over my fear of haunted houses.”

“That was quite exciting,” Egon agreed while holding on to Janine.

“Let’s see what the kids are doing,” suggested Ray as they headed towards where the kids were.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:22 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

The kids were over in a corner, playing pumpkin bowling. Instead of a bowling ball, they have to bowl with a pumpkin.

CJ and his friends had already taken their turns. They were watching Jules and her friends taking their turns.

"This has been a real cool party," said Ronnie. The boys all agreed as they ate a treat from their treat bag.

"Yeah, I agree with that," CJ added. "This is a lot better than going trick-or-treating."

"That's true," Chris said. "Once you get to a certain age, you just wanna stop doing it."

Jason looked over and saw the guys headed in their direction.

"It looks like your parents and the guys want to try out the pumpkin bowling, too." he said.

The adults came over. "Hey, kids. What's the game you're playing?" Ray asked.

"It's called Pumpkin Bowling," called CJ. "You have to bowl with a pumpkin and try and knock down the pins."

"Sounds interesting," replied Elaine. "Shall we try it?"