It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:57 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Best Egon/Janine Fanfics
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2007, 6:30 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can share fanfics mostly focused on E & J...

Of course, there is the awesome Ghostbusters Forever *tips hat to Fritz*...which is like the dessert to an awesome meal...a great conclusion to a great couple...

But I really love fanfics that explore how they would grow as a couple. I think my all time favourite would have to be "Snow Date" by Erin...it's very tender, realistic and totally true to character. Has just that right amount of sexual tension without going overboard.

There are a few more I like but I can't remember right now...will share later after others!

Okay...GO!! And please post links or websites where we can find said stories!!!!!

PostPosted: December 28th, 2007, 6:21 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Taurus
I have to agree with "Forever" and "Snow Date". SD captured the characters of Janine and Egon so perfectly. I love the end when they fell asleep in each other's arms while sitting on the couch, snuggling under the blanket. What a lovely RGB episode that would have been. ;)

Another beautiful story is Requiem by Christine Renner. I actually had tears in my eyes when I read it. I can't seem to find it now, but it was about Janine and Egon in their golden years, married and reflecting upon the love they shared through the years. Just a very tender story.

PostPosted: December 28th, 2007, 6:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Michele wrote:
Another beautiful story is Requiem by Christine Renner. I actually had tears in my eyes when I read it. I can't seem to find it now, but it was about Janine and Egon in their golden years, married and reflecting upon the love they shared through the years. Just a very tender story.

http://www.squidge.org/tobinsarchive/requiem.htm

Is a sequel to this one:

http://www.squidge.org/tobinsarchive/bookends.htm

These were among the first GB stories I read online five years ago, and influenced some of my own concepts for the fates of the team--Ray having a beard, I admit, came straight from one of those.

The Twin thing, though, I came up with on my own. It's wierd how many people came up with that idea independantly, though.

PostPosted: December 28th, 2007, 6:44 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Thank you for the link to Requiem, Fritz. I forgot about Bookends, so thanks for posting that one too. :)

PostPosted: December 29th, 2007, 9:43 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
I remember these stories when I first got into the GB fandom. Those were beautiful stories and I cried when I read them. :D

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: December 31st, 2007, 2:51 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Those stories were pretty good-- just a tad short, however...

OH yes, also, "Ilogical Reaction" by Fritz is GREAT, very true to canon and realistic...not to mention amusing to picture Egon drunk."Shower Scene" by Ami Ree was quite enjoyable (and while it's not an E/J fic, "Piece of Heaven" is worth a read as well...)

One story that I thought was well written, if not very graphic and dark, was "Regina" by Singe...everyone is very close to character, it's very angsty, haunting, disturbing...but well-written just the same. Just don't say you weren't warned. I was emotionally drained by the end of it, and remained so for the rest of the day...although not entirely E/J based...there is some shipping in there, but I wish it was developed a bit more...in any case, a long read, but very disturbing and some parts may be offensive to the particularly religious...

I found it frustrating that some of the links to some fanfics no longer work (although it's fairly easy to find the ones I listed here)...anybody know where to find "All Wrapped Up" by Laurie Smith?? It seems that everyone here knows where to find stuff, so next time I come across a story with no link, I'll post it here and maybe someone may be able to find it at a different location...

PostPosted: February 19th, 2008, 7:02 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Location: Townsville, Australia. (No, not where the Powerpuff Girls live!)
I really liked "I Know What You're Thinking" by Ami Ree. It's based on an ep of ST:TNG where Picard & Crusher's minds are linked & they're able to read each others thoughts, all while stranded in a strange location by the badguys, where they have to figure out a way out of their predicament.
But unlike in ST:TNG it doesn't end with J&E calling it quits like Picard & Crusher did. Thank god as that was so depressing.
It's very interesting seeing Janine trying to keep her most private thoughts a secret, then after having spent too much time doing so she loses it & tells Egon she's not going to do it anymore.
He's surprised to learn she doesn't just think about him 24/7 & that even her dreams are clean & her thoughts & dreams are quite complex.
During their stay in what might be considered paradise if not for the situation they're in Egon gets terribly injured during a storm ( caused by their captors, who're studying them) & Janine has to look after him.
Of course as things go in situations like these the other GBs (with the help of one of the beings who captured them & decided that what they'd done was wrong) show up to save them just as they're about to kiss. Grrrrr!!!!! They have such a bad sense of timing!
I definately suggest you check it out. It's over at FF.net
I'm too lazy & tired to put the link in, sorry. :|

PostPosted: March 16th, 2008, 5:23 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I'd love to read that one. Link please?

PostPosted: March 16th, 2008, 6:18 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Location: Townsville, Australia. (No, not where the Powerpuff Girls live!)
Miss Janine wrote:
I'd love to read that one. Link please?

Here you go:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2085663/1/I_Know_What_Youre_Thinking

PostPosted: March 16th, 2008, 7:43 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Yeah, I really like that one. Could have easily veered off into unsafe territory, but didn't. I really thought the lake scene was cute- and it would have been interesting had it been Egon in the water instead of Janine... *blushes*

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 12:46 am 
Doberman
Doberman

I read a fan fiction a while ago where Peter was so frustrated with Egon renaging on the Janine thing that he started kissing Janine in order to force Egon to face his feelings...anybody know the name of this fan fiction and where I can find it?

Thx!!!

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 10:50 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I KNOW I've read thatone, but I can't for the life of me remember what the name of it was or where it is... Maybe I'll think of it when I stop trying to.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2009, 10:55 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Hi guys! Where can I find the Snow Date by Erin story? :D

PostPosted: November 30th, 2009, 2:46 am 
Doberman
Doberman

bvulgari girl, I can't find it anymore either...too bad cuz it was damn good. A lot of the GB fanfiction site links don't work anymore, which is a crying shame...if anybody had contact with any of these authors or knows where to contact them, please request that they find another hosting site to put up their awesome fanfics...stat!

PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 7:59 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

An old Story that I found again: Token of Appreciation.
It's really sweet. (Egon and Janine are couple here.)

http://web.archive.org/web/20020104071636/members.aol.com/DrLupine/tokenapr.html