It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:33 am

All times are UTC-04:00

In a fanfic, which of the following relationships is most interesting to you?
New romantic 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Established romantic 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Old but unresolved romantic 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Parent/child 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sibling 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Friend 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Student/teacher 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 7
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2008, 10:36 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
This is a poll I posted on deviantArt, altered to fit in with GB fanfiction i.e. the poll question says "fanfic" rather than just "story", and I've added in an extra option.

I thought about putting in enemy as well, but decided not to because it isn't really in the same vein as these kinds of interpersonal relationships - it would disrupt the poll.

Once I've posted this, I'm going to vote for sibling. You can choose your friends and your lovers (unrequited or otherwise), but not your siblings - and with the nature of the relationship, I think there are so many more possibilities than parent/child or student/teacher.

With canon characters, the dynamic I find most interesting is between Eduardo and Carl. In terms of fanfic possibilities, I even find it more interesting than Eduardo and Kylie. In terms of original characters, I have so much fun with Oscar and Jessica's brother/sister relationship - the one I know the most about, I suppose - and I've made myself a nice little sister/sister relationship with the Riveras. But if I want to do brother/brother beyond Eduardo and Carl, I'd probably have to find some excuse to get into the 2030s or '40s. Hmm...

Anyway, in my poll on dA I also said this:

Quote:
Again, I don't want it getting clogged up with 'Other (please specify)' votes. If you have a different answer, let me know in a comment, and if it looks like a major one I've missed out I may tag it onto the end. But I think I got all the big ones.

Maybe you can be more specific than that e.g. mother/son, sister/sister, male friend/male friend and so forth. Maybe homosexual relationships are more interesting to you than heterosexual, or whatever - but whatever it is, please tell me about it.

Should you want to view the results of that particular poll, you will find them here.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2008, 1:40 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Guessing that Janine and Egon would technically be an old and unresolved romantic couple I chose that. But really this is a very hard question to answer. It really depends, IMO, who the main focus of the story is on and what the tone of the story is. A comedy focused on Peter I would expect to explore new romantic relationships, but in an angsty Peter focused fic, I would expect the friend angle or the parent/ child angle. Does that make since? I guess I mean to say that I would want to see the most logical character dynamic in the story as it would be truer to the GB dynamic as a whole. As another example I would feel lost is there was not a parent/child or siblings dynamic.
I hope that helps, though it probably doesn't. :|
ghostdiva

PostPosted: February 9th, 2008, 1:17 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Taurus
ghostdiva wrote:
Guessing that Janine and Egon would technically be an old and unresolved romantic couple I chose that.

I would have to agree. :)

PostPosted: February 9th, 2008, 4:16 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
I also agree on that. :D

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: February 10th, 2008, 3:57 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
Old but unresolved romance, involving E/J, however, I do like the idea of new romance, again, involving E/J, as the early stages of a new relationship is always an exciting time, and I think the stages of breaking down the friendship wall into romantic territory between E/J is always fascinating and intriguing to me, as there are so many dynamics to reconfigure (i.e. finally exploring the sexual tension, how do things change at work, carrying the friendship over into romance, re-adjusting the chemistry between each other, etc.)...yummy stuff! :ej4ever:
Friendship stuff is cool too, esp. when you get 4 strong male personalities living in the same quarters...bound to be some drama... ;)

PostPosted: February 14th, 2008, 6:16 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Location: Townsville, Australia. (No, not where the Powerpuff Girls live!)
Zodiac: Taurus
rgbforever wrote:

Friendship stuff is cool too, esp. when you get 4 strong male personalities living in the same quarters...bound to be some drama... ;)

As long as it doesn't involve the dreaded slashing. :puke: Yikes! LOL!
Seriously I had a rant about slashing last night on another website. Still have as yet to experience the backlash!

I definately like the old & unresolved romance or a new one where the same relationship starts from scratch (like J/E's in Legion).
Hell I go crawling the net for J/E stuff. It's what truly fascinates
me & makes me laugh or sometimes cry. :ej4ever: