It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:37 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: EGB Fan's Stories
PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 7:18 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Oppsies, Fritz! I have my dates jumbled.

I still think Egon being Petty would be funny as all get out. I could write that scene for pages.

ghostdiva

PostPosted: June 4th, 2008, 3:40 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Okay, I have a double-whammy for you today. Firstly (and this was a bit of a rush release - I just want it out there):

What About Love?

This story is set in July 2027, and follows on from "Karmic Justice" which I released not that long ago. With these recent stories set in the future, it seems I've been writing myself into a lot of corners and had at least two very different ideas of where people would like me to take it all. To be honest, I'm finding it all very confusing!

I do have a plan. But I'm giving you no hints, because I want to be able to change my mind and say that was my plan all along. (I'm probably going to leave it alone for a while now anyway.)

And I have also written a short story of just under 2,500 words, which won't take up much of your time:

XGB: Power to the Sisterhood

A short perspective piece that takes a few liberties with the EGB episode "Witchy Woman", narrated in turn by the three main guest stars (or so says the blurb I finally managed to come up with for ffn).

**Edit: Oops, should have included this yesterday: this story is rated M for strong language and sex references (less of it than in many of my other stories, but this one's shorter so it may feel like more).**

I must warn you that there is nothing drastically new here. I re-wrote "Witchy Woman" a little while back, because I had a lot of problems with it, and then recently I've been trying to clean up a few of the problems with the canonical episode in my fanfiction. It's been a mix of me watching the episode carefully and making very deliberate decisions, and stuff just popping up as I was writing. This story is essentially all the deliberate decisions brought into focus together, rather than spread out intermittently over a load of other junk; it feels more like I've actually dealt with the problems now that I've written a stand-alone perspective piece on the episode. So I guess this was a personal thing, is what I'm saying.

And coming soon...

Yes, astonishingly, there's yet more in the works. I'm almost done with a short story set in 2013, which I shall finish very soon and then release after a decent interval; and I've made a start on the next story set in the present-day, in which I hope(!) to resolve all the stuff I've set up with Roland and Oz and... everyone, really - but that could be ages yet (like if I realise how behind I really am on my work...).

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: June 4th, 2008, 5:18 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Hello, I enjoyed your stories. Great job! I'm looking foward to more in the future. :)

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: June 9th, 2008, 7:17 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Ghostbusters: The End

Another short(ish) one, this is the story of how Jessica Venkman and Hayden Wallance begin their on/off affair. (The title is ironic, you see. 8-) )

Rated T. There is some strong language, and even though there are no actual sex scenes, it is talked about quite a lot.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: June 10th, 2008, 10:00 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
All good. The last one and the "Witchy Woman" tie-in were surprises, as I didn't get to beta those, but that isn't a complaint.

I feel sorry for poor Conchita. With the possible exception of Max Miller the nicest person in the cast, and her life has turned into an episode of the Maury Povich show. But these are Rosey's characters, and I trust things will work out for the best (and if not, the reasons will make sense)

PostPosted: June 10th, 2008, 11:40 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Fritz wrote:
All good. The last one and the "Witchy Woman" tie-in were surprises, as I didn't get to beta those, but that isn't a complaint.

Yeah, I was starting to feel bad about e-mailing you stories all the time and demanding feedback. Those two were just short and incidental anyway, so they get treated differently.

Quote:
I feel sorry for poor Conchita. With the possible exception of Max Miller the nicest person in the cast, and her life has turned into an episode of the Maury Povich show.

The Maury Whatich show? I have no idea what that is. :? (Should I be insulted?)

Quote:
But these are Rosey's characters, and I trust things will work out for the best (and if not, the reasons will make sense)

Pshaw. You don't trust me at all, do you? :P

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: June 10th, 2008, 1:56 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Maury Povich is one of those sleazy American daytime talkshows where every other episode is some woman and like three or four guys she's slept with, taking paternity tests.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2008, 4:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Maybe I should have said "Jerry Springer" instead? :?

PostPosted: June 10th, 2008, 4:24 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

That would have made sense to me. So much so that I might even have been a little bit upset. It's not that bad! :roll:

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: June 10th, 2008, 4:28 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Well with Jerry Springer you also get a brawl every episode, lol

PostPosted: June 13th, 2008, 2:28 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Scorpio
your latest is quite possibly your greatest.
and congrats on cracking the 400 mark. :D

PostPosted: June 25th, 2008, 6:47 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

I don't normally do this, but I have an overwhelming urge to post a progress report on what I've been doing (you know, like Fritz sometimes does :P ).

Well, I promised my betas with absolute confidence that the next story they would read would be the follow-up and - hopefully - resolution to all the stuff I've been setting up in my present-day stories since late last year ("I'll Never Tell", "The Sweetest Thing", "Desire" and "Where the Real Demons Are" - a fair few!).

So what happens? I type out the title "The Right Thing", make what looks like a good start and then realise fifty pages in that it's all just a load of pointless chat. :| I've had to scrap the whole thing, but I will be starting again very soon. The ideas are all there; it's just a matter of bringing them into fruition.

In the meantime, in spite of what I said about leaving the 2020s alone for a while, I've been adding steadily to the next story set in that time frame and it seems to be cooking nicely. Weird. I could finish that at literally any time, but I may decide to sit on it for a while until I'm absolutely sure I've done the right thing.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: July 18th, 2008, 12:44 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Extreme Ghostbusters: Trapped!

The Ghostbusters, and Janine, find themselves trapped in a mysterious tower. With no idea where they are or why, all they can do is try to escape...

A/N: This is a bit weird, but I had the urge, and figured I might as well post it. I hope it's enjoyable as a bit of fun, but obviously I don't expect anyone to adopt this as canon (if you read it, you will see what I mean).

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 21st, 2008, 6:06 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Extreme Ghostbusters: The Right Thing

Still unhappy with his daughter's choice of boyfriend, Peter accompanies Roland to New Jersey in order to meet with an old antagonist who might now be able to help. Following on from previous stories.

Note: This story has more than enough coarse language for an M rating. Celine's swearing habit really is appalling! :roll:

And now, finally, pretty much everything I set up over the past year is resolved. But I do, I do like leaving doors open.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 28th, 2008, 5:43 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Extreme Ghostbusters (2028): Listen to Me

This is a story that more or less resolves everything I set up in my recent 2020s fics. For now, anyway.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next