It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:16 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: EGB Fan's Stories
PostPosted: January 27th, 2008, 6:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
As I told Rosey when she sent me the Beta, I honestly laughed out loud at this part:

Quote:
“Cool,” said Max, his grin widening. He genuinely was ok with all of this. “So what about Eden Spengler? She’s really hot, isn’t she?”

“Well,” said Rose, considering, “I wouldn’t say no. If it wasn’t for Anna, I mean.”

“Cool. Who else?”

“Max, you’re not… imagining things, are you?”

“Rose, c’mon, I would never,” said Max. “Who else?”

“Um…” Rose found herself running through all of the women she knew in her mind, wondering why the hell she was going along with such a juvenile conversation. “That Marie woman’s pretty hot.”

“What, Ghostbuster Marie?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh God, she’s horny as hell,” said Max, his eyes widening as though at some traumatic memory. “Y’know, she likes guys, but I’m not so sure she wouldn’t try it with you.”

Poor Eden. She really is her father's daughter sometimes. :lol:

And sometimes I wouldn't rule anything out with Marie Lupin either.

Also, like I told her, good to see the characterization of Carlos Rivera as accepting. As I said elsewhere

Quote:
It's so easy to fall into writing Carlos as every authoritarian macho sexist stereotype, that giving him a tolerant, "As long as you ain't buggin' anyone I don't care" side provides a neat new angle to the character.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2008, 4:34 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Extreme Ghostbusters: Karmic Justice

A story set in the near future, where attitudes towards life and love aren't getting any better, and someone's not happy about it.

I tag it "Extreme Ghostbusters", but I might as well warn you it's more Oscar-based, and set in June 2026 (I call that near future). I've been doing a lot of future-building lately, and there will be a follow-up to this - probably fairly soon, but I honestly can't say (and anyway there's something else I'm hoping to get done first, if it doesn't fall flat on its face).

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: March 20th, 2008, 8:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

As I mentioned to Rosey in the email I sent over the beta

(Spoilers Ahead)

It is, indeed, a great study of Oscar. Some of Oscar's lines, especially at the very end, strike me as extremely ironic. You'll see what I mean.

I really wish Ghostdiva and I'd been further along in figuring out where, exactly, John, TJ, Eden, and Edward are at the time frame it takes place in. As is, Eric is the only member of the 2026 team that appears, and it's rather brief.

(I've done some work on the 2021 origin story. It will be told.)

And there's some interesting twists on Conchita Rivera's situation. It's keeping me guessing, and I like that.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2008, 7:11 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Fritz wrote:
...I really wish Ghostdiva and I'd been further along in figuring out where, exactly, John, TJ, Eden, and Edward are at the time frame it takes place in. As is, Eric is the only member of the 2026 team that appears, and it's rather brief.

He doesn't even have any lines, as I recall. :|

I'm really looking towards the end of the decade now, but I'm going to try and control myself and hold off either until I've resolved some of the stuff I've got going in the present day, or I know more about some of the other characters in the 2020s. You know - one or the other. :P

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 20th, 2008, 1:49 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

EGB: Where the Real Demons Are

April 2008

Egon is convinced there's "something coming", but it seems that other members of the team are too preoccupied with their own stuff to do anything about it.

This is a loooong one (in three long-ish parts), building on all the stuff I've been doing in my recent stories. Honestly, I can't believe that I left this one where I did, with things still needing to get resolved. :roll:

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 20th, 2008, 6:25 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
I really enjoyed the story. I added it to my favorites and I also left you a good review on it. Great Job! ;)

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: May 21st, 2008, 8:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

To repeat some things I've said in to Rosey when she sent me the betas:

(Spoiler Warning, By The Way)

It's funny how Roland, generally regarded as the most boring person to ever put in a Ghostbusters uniform, now suddenly has the most exciting love life of any of them...well, ever, in a way. Ray, Winston, and Garrett's were mostly off camera, noone ever really penetrated Venkman's emotions the way Dana did, and with Egon and Janine and Kylie and Eduardo the feeling was more "It's just a matter of time and how many speed bumps they have to go over first" (And any other ending would be a cop-out and/or the result of massive cerebral failure by the creative teams)

But now Roland is in what is shaping up to be an honest-to-gosh love triangle. I'm not gonna say anymore right now--I want to see what others think.

Not long ago I rewatched "The True Face Of A Monster" on AJ Quick's new site. It was kind of interesting to see young, stupid Spencer at the same time I was reading about less young, less stupid but still prone to screw-ups Spencer.

And I have to admit there was a certain zing in part 3 where the following four characters go out together to fight the Doom Cat: Egon, Ray, Winston, and Venkman. GBI's become such a large, diverse company--and except Ray, those guys are all over fifty--that this just doesn't happen much anymore. Ironic that it happens in an EGB story, isn't it?

PostPosted: May 21st, 2008, 1:08 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Ah yes, I have made Roland Jackson interesting. I'm amazing. I think I deserve some kind of special award. :P

SuperStantzio wrote:
I really enjoyed the story. I added it to my favorites and I also left you a good review on it. Great Job! ;)

Thank you, Farah, as always, for your kind comments. I've had one other review on ffn, from somebody who was worried I'd "dropped off the face of the earth" after - hmm - two months. I guess I really do write a lot of fanfiction, huh?

Anyway, as we're on the subject - or we were - I'd like to do a little survery with anyone who's willing: Grace, or Celine?

(Just idly curious, you understand - I can't say whether or not your answers are going to affect my stories, because I do not know.)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 21st, 2008, 2:05 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
You're very welcome. :D

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2008, 7:46 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I didn't get to comment on the last part of this story because of my surgery and stuff, sorry EGBFan. Anyhow, it is one doozy of a cliffhanger and I can't wait to see what will happen next (as always) I do have a question...Why a cat? Are you a dog person, maybe? Did you borrow this from some other unrelated paranormal idea? Also, until you mentioned it in the story I did not link the moods angle and GB2, so I thought that was cool, could they have used the mood slime if they had any? And why didn't Egon just ask Oz what the solution was instead of just waiting around to trap it, I would have thought that he would have at least been interested enough to ask, even if he chose to go in another direction. OK that's more than one question. Oh well.

And I would choose Grace for Roland, I don't think he would have a very solid relationship with Celine, she is a tad unstable.

And everyone congratulate me, I offically have no life!

ghostdiva

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2008, 9:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
could they have used the mood slime if they had any?

Since some of the franchises, including the GBWC, have slime blowers and have used them, it could have been theoretically possible. But I could also see how it'd be dangerous to use against such a powerful entity--the negative aura could override the positive one. Remember that in 1989 the Ghostbusters had the Statue of Liberty and the intrinsic aura of optimism New Year's brings to help them out, and I really doubt Vigo was as powerful as a Doom Cat from Norse prophesy.

Quote:
And everyone congratulate me, I offically have no life!

Welcome to the club! And don't feel bad--there were four other people here before you, and I was first (even though it doesn't show up on mine :lol: )

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 6:39 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

ghostdiva wrote:
I didn't get to comment on the last part of this story because of my surgery and stuff, sorry EGBFan.

Well really, ghostdiva, that's not good enough. Pull yourself together, woman!

:P

Quote:
I do have a question...

I have very good answers to all your questions.

Quote:
Why a cat? Are you a dog person, maybe? Did you borrow this from some other unrelated paranormal idea?

If I had to pick either to play with dogs or cats exclusively for the rest of my life, I'd pick dogs, but I love both more or less equally and I have a cat myself (he's sleeping on the bed behind me right now, actually). So there's nothing personal against cats.

I did borrow it from somewhere else, yes. Did you ever see (or I guess play - but I have no experience of the video game) Earthworm Jim? I re-watched my old videos recently, and was reminded of why - besides Jim himself - Evil the Cat is my favourite character. He is the personification of Evil Itself, which makes total sense to me, as someone who has known many cats in my life. So that's why a cat.

Quote:
Also, until you mentioned it in the story I did not link the moods angle and GB2, so I thought that was cool, could they have used the mood slime if they had any?

Fritz has already answered this, but if you want something a lot simpler (and, of course, what I was thinking at the time): had they had the necessary equipment, they might have decided to cheer everyone up by doing the trick with the Statue of Liberty again. I think long enough has passed that people would go, "Hey, I remember that!" and laugh indulgently, rather than, "Oh, not this again!" But as they didn't have any Mood Slime, obviously, they had to improvise... poorly.

Quote:
And why didn't Egon just ask Oz what the solution was instead of just waiting around to trap it, I would have thought that he would have at least been interested enough to ask, even if he chose to go in another direction.

One word. Pride.

...Okay, a few more words. I'm building up Oz - or I'm trying to build up Oz - as this unbearably cocky guy that no one really likes (even Jessica). Whilst I don't want to make generalised statements about men, there is a certain kind of guy (very common in my neck of the woods) who can't stand other people knowing more than them. Maybe I'll get flamed for this, but I must finish answering your question - Egon strikes me as one of those guys.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 26th, 2008, 7:57 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I would have to agree on your Egon assesment. Are we going to see an Egon verses Oz showdown in any upcoming stories?

I can here it now, "Oh, yeah, well I have a Nobel Prize and you don't."

LOL

ghostdiva

PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 7:08 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

ghostdiva wrote:
I would have to agree on your Egon assesment. Are we going to see an Egon verses Oz showdown in any upcoming stories?

At this stage, I don't know - but in all honesty, I hope Egon's a little too old to let it get quite that petty.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 8:50 am 
Administrator
Administrator

ghostdiva wrote:
I can here it now, "Oh, yeah, well I have a Nobel Prize and you don't."

Except that he doesn't yet. 8-)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next