It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:44 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Ghostbusters Wiki
PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 12:44 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Ok all I recently took over http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostbusters_Wiki . I'm now the mod at that wiki. Not sure if anyone would be interesting in posting there, but hey now you know.

Last edited by devilmanozzy on March 5th, 2009, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 9:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Nice. I didn't know anyone had started something like this other than AJ at GBFans.

Moved to Fan Projects; it is a Ghostbusters item, after all.

PostPosted: February 5th, 2009, 5:14 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

I guess explaining the direction the wiki is going is best. It back in Sept, was like basically about the first Ghostbusters film. I started posting there and edited a Ghostbusters II page and The Real Ghostbuster. The Mod wasn't very active and stopped posting in nov. I was able to take over a week ago.

Anyways, I am trying to first deal with some Wikipedia copy and pasting that had been done (rewriting it, and adding). Also the focus will be to make the wiki a little more user friendly. I opened up a Forum there, and invite people to vote on the article of the month thing and stuff. I look at this wiki mostly being about archiving Ghostbuster information.

Post subject: Re: Ghostbusters Wiki
PostPosted: March 5th, 2009, 9:19 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Fritz, I was wondering if a fan Fiction section for storys(Written) and web comics was added would you allow or better yet put up pages on your Fan Fiction? (It would only have summery and a few images and links to the actual page on that given fan fiction.)

PostPosted: March 5th, 2009, 2:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I don't have any problem with that. But why would you want to fill your site with my increasingly irrelevant crap?

PostPosted: March 5th, 2009, 9:07 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Not really filling the site with it, only wanting to talk about more content. Seems that most don't know about the "Ghosthead" world, and some fan made scripts and things would show them that exciting aspect.

For some reason many love adding to the Freddy Vs. Ghostbusters Article and Return of the Ghostbusters article. And it gives a way to let fans promote things on the site.

I'll only starting the section, if they don't add to it, then it'll remain small.

Hey I want the Wiki to be enjoyable to read, and the more types of content, the better. But, ultimately its the other users that decide where a wiki goes(at least at a health one).

PostPosted: March 6th, 2009, 10:48 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Scorpio
If I may, how can I edit the wikia site? I have a lot of back information that may actually be pertinent and useful to the GB context. I registered, my name is Spenglerite. (And I'm thinking to myself, CRIKEY! Why didn't I pick THAT name for Ectozone?!) :ugeek:

PostPosted: March 6th, 2009, 1:39 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Well at the top of every page there is a "Edit this page" link, then from there you can edit the page. I'll try to explain more later, but like the message board here and other posting services they tell some of the basics on the side and top of the edit box. *Note* if you hit the edit this page link and only see the page again, scroll down the page to the text box, as the preview appears above the box. When done Save Page or preview page to see how the edit looks. If all else just do one edit so a user page shows up for you, and I'll Welcome you, then address further questions. Don't worry about doing the wrong thing, because everything can be undone. Wikia is very edit friendly after a few tries and works much like Wikipedia and other wiki places.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2009, 9:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Agent K wrote:
I registered, my name is Spenglerite. (And I'm thinking to myself, CRIKEY! Why didn't I pick THAT name for Ectozone?!) :ugeek:

Done.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2009, 8:35 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Scorpio
Fritz wrote:
Agent K wrote:
I registered, my name is Spenglerite. (And I'm thinking to myself, CRIKEY! Why didn't I pick THAT name for Ectozone?!) :ugeek:

Done.

Fritz, YOU ARE THE MAN..... MAN.