It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:21 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: March 31st, 2009, 6:38 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Now, let me establish the point of this by pointing out some stuff we all SHOULD know...

Fan-made stuff is an expensive hobby to have, we all DEFINITELY know this. Throughout most of my time in the community, I've been finding new ways to do cheap, but decent props for the Ghost-head with a limited budget. To further this quest, I was pondering one of the most common problems facing the prop-building Ghost-head... Finding a uniform.

Up until now flightsuits, jumpsuits, coveralls and over hard-to-find kinds of clothing to fill this purpose. Seeking to find a way to bypass this difficult and often motivation-killing process, I thought about some more typical types of similar clothing and came to the conclusion that using khaki colored work shirt/pants combos look fairly good when trying to replicate the overall look of Ghostbusters. The obvious differences will be the buttons/zipper replacement, but I think thats forgivable if you dont have much to work with. I tested a basic prototype design and this is what it came out looking like...

Obviously this is a VERY basic version of the design, using the belt, belt pack and gloves from my actual uniform and paper logo/nametag attached by magnets, but you get the jist of what I was trying to portray.

So yes... Thoughts? Comments?

PostPosted: April 5th, 2009, 4:51 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Mick Nielson wrote:

. The obvious differences will be the buttons/zipper replacement, but I think thats forgivable if you dont have much to work with.

Till you said it I didn't think about it . So I think it can work .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 12:50 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Scorpio
Mike (as in Mike1989 of this board, my good buddy in real life, haha) made our halloween costumes last year, and they were awesome. I had my own little name tag and everything. Sure did. Should've said Spengler. Didn't. Had a PKE meter, proton pack, whole nine yards. Was awesome. Will post pictures when I find them.