It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:15 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Audio Commentaries?
PostPosted: October 19th, 2009, 2:36 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Just an idea. At this stage, anyway.

My brother has been recording some commentaries on episodes of his favourite TV show of all time (I may have mentioned Knightmare - it's an 80s/90s British thing), and sending them to a guy for his website. And I have helped him out with quite a few of them as well. It is, I have to say, tremendous fun. If nothing else, this is the way to express all your thoughts and feelings about a TV show whilst watching it, no interruptions, no chance of leaving anything out.

So I wondered if this was something people around here might like to try. Maybe it's been done before - I have no idea. But of course, it could be done again. Ideally, of course, anyone listening to your commentary has access to whatever episode it is you're talking about, and can watch it with the sound turned down. Well, in most cases that can probably arranged, I'd think.

Whilst doing Knightmare commentaries with my brother, I certainly thought of several episodes of EGB I could say plenty of things about (whether or not it would be at all interesting is, of course, another matter entirely). But obviously I don't want to try and start anything if everyone else thinks it's a stupid idea.

So, please let me know what you think - whether you'd be interested in speaking, listening, both or neither. :)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

Post subject: Re: Audio Commentaries?
PostPosted: October 20th, 2009, 8:50 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I just know if I did something like this, I'd start with some really awful later RGB episodes, or some Slimer! cartoons, and go all Mystery Science Theatre on them.

For example, "The Magnificent Five"

"This is the episode that cured Venkman of his love of Westerns"

"If this episode was a horse, I'd recommend taking it out back and shooting it."

"Can we go back and watch 'Ghost Fight At The OK Corral' instead?"

:lol: