It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:00 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: February 15th, 2010, 8:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
...and not let this shit bother me, but for some reason, today it did.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5656872/1/Stay_Puft_REWRITE

The most reviews I ever got at FFN was 8, for "The Legend of Mary Sue". A few other stories got a total of 4 apiece.

This piece of bullshit self insert shlickfic gets Thirty Fucking Six. And all but one are squeeing fanbrats who "lurv" it; one brave soul tries to stand up for canon and gets the fanbrat butthurt cry of "DON LIEK DON REED!!!"

I mean, Grife on a pogostick. Is it any wonder I can barely write anymore, when this piece of literary spooge can get more positive reaction than anything I've ever done?!

i need that emoticon from whygodwhy.org of the slimey shooting itself in the head

PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 8:21 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Don't feel bad. You have written some great fanfiction that feel like a official novel - you can't compare that to a little Mary Sue FF. And its not always the best story that sold the best... Twilight is hardly a great book, but everyone is going crazy.

And since Ghostbusters don't have any damsel in distress, the fangirls need Mary Sues for their little dreams.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 2:20 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
It's not the quantity of reviews, it's the quality which is important.

You say this hosebeast has received 36 reviews. Yes, but mostly from the same people which, in my view, counts as only about 4 reviews from over-enthusiastic shitheads who for some unknown reason decide it is in their interest to review every. single. goddamned. chapter. It's not even a 'review' when it consists of: "OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAYZINNG BUUUKK!!!!!!!11111!"

Until Fanfiction.net (known as 'The Pit' for pretty good reason) decides to get its act together and remove one-line 'reviews' which consist of nothing but a bunch of oafs cheerleading their fanfic friends, then I don't take any interest in them whatsoever.

Talking about how retarded Fanfiction.net is, check out this piece of crap: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5327211/1/Court_Order. Would you believe that the author of this story is one of the registered beta readers on the ghostbusters section of Fanfiction.net?! No wonder so much crap gets on the site!

Stick the 'Stay-Puft' story on GAFF (now Why, God, Why?), Fritz. I dare ya! :mrgreen:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 7:43 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I too have been watching these replies grow with growing horror. My only rational explaination is that the replies are coming from complete idiots who have never seen the movie and don't realize that she copies it word for word nearly, only inserting herself where ever she sees fit. Maybe they only ever played the game, the Wii version I should think judging by their intelligence.

Also, you HAVE to acknowledge that you are writting for a more intelligent, more knowledgable demographic than any of those people. They are the scum beneath our feet! (evil laugh) :twisted:

Besides, you have more than 36 replies when you go back and look at all the message board reviews.

I assure you that her story would not be favorably recieved by true fans on the boards, they would pulverize her, kinda like were're doing now. LOL

It's like when a girl wins a beauty contest and there are prettier girls there, and then you find out one of the judges was her aunt or something. Which brings up another point for all you know these few repetitive commenters could be her little Freshman buddies from school who are sitting there chatting all night and know immediately when she puts up another chapter.

Anyway her ...ahum....writing is total BS. So I wouldn't worry about it. Leave the stupid stories to the stupid people I say. We're to smart to bother. :)

PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 9:39 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Scorpio
Consider the source...in this case, it's the sewers. Only 1/10 Ghostbuster stories are approaching decent on that site. I doubt the (usually below) average reader/reviewer possess Masters degrees & read the NYT.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 8:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
nikki wrote:
Stick the 'Stay-Puft' story on GAFF (now Why, God, Why?), Fritz. I dare ya! :mrgreen:

I'd be tempted, except...I'd have to actually read the thing. The Brendan Rome stories were bad enough, and he didn't make his about shagging canon characters.

I thank everyone for their comments; I guess I just needed to be reminded of those things.

I sometimes wonder why I still post stuff there, but I got a bit of a boost the other day. I posted a Digimon story I wrote a couple of years ago, and got probably the most thoughtful review I've gotten at FFN for it.

( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5742513/1/T ... age_To_Fly if anybody's mildly curious)

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 11:04 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
So basically, the moral of the story is that most of the GB fans on Fanfic.net are either full of it or not very encouraging.

Glad to see there are other more civil fandoms out there, lol.