It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:51 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: September 17th, 2010, 11:32 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Libra
19 and 20 are up.

miriahofthewind wrote:
Oh wow, this is getting good. I do not want to be that guy who's holding Janine if Egon gets that fire in his blood again.

I'm convinced that the ninth circle of hell hath no fury like an Egon Spengler pushed to critical mass. :mrgreen:

That's hawt. :lol:

Thanks so much for your encouragement! It's getting to the point where I can't wait to share the rest of this story with you all!!!

PostPosted: September 19th, 2010, 5:51 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Ok, I finally got through chapter 20. Had to work 50 hrs this week so I got behind.

This is fantastic so far. Very hurt/comfort, and there is nothing I like better than an E/J hurt/comfort story.

Couldn't help but think...how is Egon going to the bathroom after being held for so long. Not that that is important, I just am thinking about the story way too much!

And now the calvary is going to come in. Yea!

PostPosted: September 26th, 2010, 12:43 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Chapters 21-23 are up.

ghostdiva wrote:
This is fantastic so far. Very hurt/comfort, and there is nothing I like better than an E/J hurt/comfort story.

I'd have 'em for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert if I could. *licks fingers*

:shock: whoa, that's prolly TMI. :oops: :lol:

Quote:
Couldn't help but think...how is Egon going to the bathroom after being held for so long. Not that that is important, I just am thinking about the story way too much!

And now the calvary is going to come in. Yea!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Roflmao! I guess it's like how we never see Janine PMSing! :D Glad you like.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2010, 6:18 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

And then you leave it at the most gut wrenchingly pivotal point in the story were there are a milion different paths to finish the story, which road you chose I don't know, but I really hope that what was said wasn't meant how it was interpretted. (being vague on purpose for people who haven't read it yet)

Please tell me that I get an update tomorrow and not a week from now? I think my brain my implode trying to solve all of this.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2010, 10:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I think there's still some story to be told here, obviously. Pardon the spoilers, but here goes:

The demon and the nut lady are still out there, and I suspect they're not going to wait too long to come back for Round 2.

Pfft. And you think Egon's gonna live that long? Well, yeah, you're right, Venkman probably won't strangle him--he'll just want to. But Egon had better be ready for catching ten different kinds of hell. It should probably wait until he's no longer at death's door, but he's still going to hear about this.

But based on what we know about artisanrox and her biases, I suspect things will work out in the end.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2010, 2:44 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Story is done at chapter 29!

Hope you like. ^_^

*zips mah fingertips from telling yous anything!*

PostPosted: September 27th, 2010, 6:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

artisanrox wrote:
Story is done at chapter 29!

Hope you like. ^_^

*zips mah fingertips from telling yous anything!*

And you probably have as hard a time doing that as Ray, Winston, and Venkman did not laughing in the last chapter.

Venkman's intervention was priceless; in a more perfect world, something like that would have happened onscreen long before "Janine, You've Changed". But of course "official canon" had to deal with the steaming pile of shit Egon and Janine got handed in GB2, and the fact that, yeah, eight year old boys aren't going to care much about "kissy stuff". Compared to other shows of the 80's, what we got was actually handled pretty well, I guess.

At least it ended better than "As Dreams Fade" (another setback mandated by "official canon" :roll: But that's getting into another topic)

PostPosted: September 28th, 2010, 9:54 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Just reposted a few chapters to get rid of some dumb-looking typos.

Over the next few days, I'm going to keep fixing typos and things.

Accidentally reposted a chapter under "chapter 30" which was totally a mistake, then deleted it.

Fritz wrote:
And you probably have as hard a time doing that as Ray, Winston, and Venkman did not laughing in the last chapter.

OMG, you bet.

Quote:
Venkman's intervention was priceless; in a more perfect world, something like that would have happened onscreen long before "Janine, You've Changed". But of course "official canon" had to deal with the steaming pile of shit Egon and Janine got handed in GB2,

I don't think I could have written this without reading "Highway to Hell" first. That story (though I skip stuff here and there in it because it gets a bit emo-riffic at times) made me want to kiss the ground Dr. Peter Venkman walks on, even though I've been a die-hard Spengler fangirl for over 20 years.

And I simply ignore steaming piles of shit. ^_^ If it's good enough for JMS to do, it's good enough fer me!

Quote:
and the fact that, yeah, eight year old boys aren't going to care much about "kissy stuff". Compared to other shows of the 80's, what we got was actually handled pretty well, I guess.

At least it ended better than "As Dreams Fade" (another setback mandated by "official canon" :roll: But that's getting into another topic)

Meh, "official canon" my right ovary. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: September 29th, 2010, 8:50 am 
Administrator
Administrator

artisanrox wrote:
Meh, "official canon" my right ovary. :lol: :lol:

Lol...I understand that feeling. But I like to think I did okay with making some pretty good lemonade out of it in the end.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2010, 10:13 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Yep, lemonade, it is ^_^

PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 11:24 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

i have been very negletcful of this board lately. I finished reading this story and it was very good. The end with E/J was very intense because at first I thought his posession problem was resulting in a bad situation and then it turned out to be a good situation (trying to be vague to keep out spoilers)

Anybody who didn't read it should. I haven't read a good H/C fic in a while, so it was a very satisfying read for me.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2010, 9:51 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
This story is amazing. I liked the way the intense situation with Egon was neatly balanced out by the light-heartedness with Slimer. Normally, I'm not enthusiastic about seeing Slimer in fanfic but this story made use of him extremely well. The story was captivating, and I was desperate to find out what happened next. 

[spoiler]

I like how this story carries quite a powerful message at its heart in Egon's situation, illustrating how being a brilliant scientist can also be a huge burden. It reminds me of Oppenheimer and his sense of responsibility after the first successful nuclear test, and of the Michael Freyn play Copenhagen, about the meeting between the physicists Niels Bohr and Werner Heisenburg and the contrast between their enthusiasm with the advances in science and the potential consequences of applying that science to create a devastating bomb. Okay, so maybe that was a bit deep, but it does demonstrate the power of knowledge, which in this story has huge consequences for Egon. It makes me glad that Janine remained there for him, even after he tried to push her away.

[/spoiler]

On a lighter note, I loved the reference to the clueless mother who wanted the unnecessary changes to the cartoon series (I still struggle to understand why the mothers surveyed by the network execs didn't want a strong, independent female character on RGB), and the final chapter was just sooo cute. ;)
Suffice to say, this story is one of my new favourites. Brilliant stuff!

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.