It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:22 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 4:18 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Aries
I've watched a few of them and they are not to bad. Keep it up!

Sometimes in my job I feel just like Janine, over worked and under paid!

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 9:13 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
That's a lotta chainsaw.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2012, 2:52 am 
Moononite
Moononite

BUMP!

Like our Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ghosts-B ... 2533600988

Watch the new playlist!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ature=plcp

Only one week away from the premier of Season 2, everyone. Please please PLEASE pass this page around to everyone you know, get people to watch Season 1, and help us push this thing as high as possible! This series is really gonna push the GB fan universe into a visual medium, some of you may have already noticed, what with the inclusion of Mick's complicated past and history of rule-breaking and being leader begrudgingly, as well as the inclusion of Internal Affairs Agent Janice Harvey in Season 1. Her part will only get larger as time goes on, and we will be making references to other GBI established things such as the Order of Hermes (quite important for future story arcs) as well as examining the cooperation between Ghostbusters of different branches (hint hint, guest stars from the boards hint hint). That's been my goal with this series all along, so help me accomplish it, guys!

PostPosted: September 28th, 2012, 3:21 am 
Moononite
Moononite

I posted something a minute ago, but I think I expressed myself much better in this one I posted over at GBfans. It applies to EVERYONE in this community, so please take a minute to read:

Only one week away from the premier of Season 2: "Nine-Tenths", everyone. Please please PLEASE pass this page around to everyone you know, get people to watch Season 1, and help us push this thing as high as possible! I really want this series to bring the GB fan universe into a visual medium, and some of you may have already noticed it in Season 1. For those of you who dont know, I'll explain:

A couple years back, there was a HUGE network of Ghostbusters fan-fiction writing going on, story-based teams all over the world, and people would write, share their stories, connect their teams together into one giant universe, etc. Now, its all pretty much died down, but this leaves a long history of characters and back-stories to draw from. This series very much functions as an extension of that world, and draws heavily upon things that were created by myself and a couple other writers such as Kevin Kemarly of Chicago, Vincent Belmont, the Nightsquad team, Ghostbusters West Coast, among others. The Vampire-rights movement, the government becoming involved in the policing of the Supernatural world, punishments for Ghostbusters who don't obey the company mandates, even some of the characters themselves were all established in those stories. Janice Harvey, the Internal Affairs agent who appeared in Season 1, is one such character, and as the series progresses, other faces will be appearing as well. This is not limited to writers either, I know a great deal of prop builder ghost-heads who have already expressed interest in the show, and have asked to be part of it, and I gladly accept this aid, and any other aid people want to provide! There's so much more to explore; the consequences of putting rejects in charge of supernatural law enforcement, justifying breaking rules in order to properly do the job that nobody wants to begin with, working hand-in-hand with people who are pretty blatantly insane... The possibilities are endless.

I really enjoy producing this series, and consider it a love letter to the community of Ghost-Heads that have essentially kept this franchise alive through the long periods of time with NO officially licensed new material. So, I humbly ask that you all get involved in some way. Pass the episodes around to friends, like our page, hell even making cameos on the show itself!

So in conclusion, I'm very much looking forward to the future of this show, and I really hope that others dig watching it as much as we do making it. I'm not doing it alone though, the community of Ghost-Heads is part of this too, and the show will only get as good as you all want it to be. Season 1 was just stretching our legs, and Season 2 will be the the starting gun for something MUCH bigger. I hope some of you will take the journey with me.

Sincerely,

Sam Falco (AKA Mick Nielson)

PostPosted: September 28th, 2012, 2:56 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Very well said, Mick.

My own problems finding the time and inclination to write over the last couple years (dear grife...it's now lasted a couple of years...) has been frustrating to me.

It's like some kind of vicious cycle. Hard work to create a story leads to a reaction of...almost nothing. So it become harder to motivate oneself to get the next story out. Which leads to a reaction of "That guy's still putting stuff out?" if even that.

I honestly don't know what has caused the drought (I don't just mean mine, I mean everyone's). I keep thinking with the kick-ass comic IDW is doing, I should be more inspired, not less.

And then there's time where I wonder if that's part of the "problem". The fan fic community seemed most active when there wasn't any official product coming out. Before 88MPH. Then after 88MPH flamed out but before IDW and the Video Game. Like everybody's getting their fill of Ghostbusters from the official stuff now, and don't need amateurs dribbling out our nonsense.

And why does it work differently for us than other communities? It seems like FFN filled up with buckets of crap every time a new Harry Potter or piece of shit Twilight product came out. Is it because our property is a more mature (in some senses of the word, but not all :P ) fandom lacking squeeing teenage fangirls? (Relatively, of course. We all remember some notorious EgonStalkers over the years)

I dunno...sorry about rambling on in your thread, Mick. Keep up the great work. Keep that enthusiasm. I hope I can catch it again.

:)

PostPosted: September 28th, 2012, 3:41 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Its totally fine, Fritz, I understand the frustration, truly I do. I think the point about us not having as many squeeing fangirls is indeed a big part of it. Thats why I wanna do this series though, because I wanna show people that there was and IS stuff that these writers created, and it works very well as a narrative. Some people too lazy to read fanfictions due to misconceptions might reconsider when they see what happens in this show.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2012, 1:27 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Hey everyone! As a special bonus this year, we've planned out a fan-interaction feature for the 2nd season of the show. We've decided to do a Fan Q&A session! Send us any and all questions you'd like to have answered by any member of the G&B SVU team, and at the end of October, a video will come out featuring those team members answering your questions! Not many chances to ask Paranormal Detectives, Cold-hearted Internal Affairs agents, or a Mad Scientist questions. Please include your name, where you are from, and which character your inquiry is directed to. Please send all questions as private messages to myself ( https://www.facebook.com/sam.falco.3 ) to avoid cluttering up the page wall. Thanks! Look forward to your questions!

PostPosted: October 5th, 2012, 12:45 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Okay everyone, today is the day!

Season 2, Episode 1: "That Old Black-out Magic" will be premiering in two hours, so keep your eyes open!

PostPosted: October 5th, 2012, 12:49 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Okay everyone, today is the day!

Season 2, Episode 1: "That Old Black-out Magic" will be premiering in two hours, so keep your eyes open!

PostPosted: October 5th, 2012, 3:55 am 
Moononite
Moononite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-_JK90 ... ature=plcp

Season 2: Nine-Tenths

Episode 1: That Old Blackout Magic

PostPosted: October 5th, 2012, 5:56 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Two things that drove me up the wall about the episode... First the intro theme song is only coming out of the right speaker. In the part with doc introducing the guns, could the audience at least see a effect of the gun going off? Audio is too quiet in many places. Do you have Adobe soundbooth? Seriously you need to clean the sound and make it louder.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2012, 3:01 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

I dunno why the theme music is doing that for you, its not been an issue on my PC at all.

Same thing with the sound volume, so I'm not sure what to tell you about that, it all comes through crystal clear on my system.

As far as the guns go, lemme ask you this: When a character gets a firearm in a movie, do they immediate fire it off to test it out? Keep in mind, the show is based on Law & Order, so it's really more about the investigation of these crimes rather than gunfights. Whole seasons of the show go by without them firing their guns, haha.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2012, 2:24 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Okay, after hours of fighting my editing software, I finally got the episode exported and uploaded to Youtube. I hope you guys enjoy it, it cost me a portion of my sanity to finish... Yes there's mistakes in it, I've already seen everything you can possibly point out, so don't bother, because its impossible to fix at this juncture. I'll be releasing a final DVD edition somewhere down the line with ALL the seasons put together as 45 minute episodes. I'll have a better computer by then, and I'll fix it all. In the meantime, just enjoy this for what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blKkPxvI ... e=youtu.be

Episode 2: Cram Session

Last edited by Fritz on October 13th, 2012, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed URL

PostPosted: October 13th, 2012, 9:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Mick Nielson wrote:
Okay, after hours of fighting my editing software, I finally got the episode exported and uploaded to Youtube. I hope you guys enjoy it, it cost me a portion of my sanity to finish... Yes there's mistakes in it, I've already seen everything you can possibly point out, so don't bother, because its impossible to fix at this juncture. I'll be releasing a final DVD edition somewhere down the line with ALL the seasons put together as 45 minute episodes. I'll have a better computer by then, and I'll fix it all. In the meantime, just enjoy this for what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blKkPxvI ... e=youtu.be

Er...I'm getting a "This video does not exist" error message.
:oops:

ETA:

Found the right url and fixed it, but now it's saying "This Video Is Being Processed. Check Back In A Few Minutes"

Dammit...

PostPosted: October 13th, 2012, 2:31 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

http://youtu.be/JgY1z_iiaVE

That should work better!