It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:57 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 6:55 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo

This is a digital painting of Samhain from The Real Ghostbusters. Also includes Boogaloo and his servant Fairweather.

The idea is that this time Boogaloo via Fairweather were going to convince Samhain to rejoin Boogaloo on his quest. Yes the idea screams fandom, but who didn't think these two didn't have a history?!

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 9:51 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
devilmanozzy wrote:

This is a digital painting of Samhain from The Real Ghostbusters. Also includes Boogaloo and his servant Fairweather.

The idea is that this time Boogaloo via Fairweather were going to convince Samhain to rejoin Boogaloo on his quest. Yes the idea screams fandom, but who didn't think these two didn't have a history?!

I always wondered what would have happened if Boogaloo opened the Containment Unit. Sam was in there, after all; I can only imagine a "Who's the real spirit of Halloween?" pissing contest that would have made the bad situation even worse (for the innocent humans of the New York area, anyway)

Very neat piece. Appropriately dark and moody.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 2:05 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
I love the way you have Samhain framed, making him a focal point, and the texture on the stone is very nicely done. Awesome subtle grass on the knoll there. Great composition, I actually missed Fairweather until I saw his eyes, which isn't a bad thing since he is actually quite small compared to his boss.

You may wish to vary your line weight a little to show depth in the future, a thinner line can go a long ways. The best way to remember the way of it (at least for me) is to think light is light, shadows are heavy. Mind that I am primarily a traditional artist for various reasons, so my advice may be taken with a grain of salt.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 4:35 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

APaleHorse wrote:
I love the way you have Samhain framed, making him a focal point, and the texture on the stone is very nicely done. Awesome subtle grass on the knoll there. Great composition, I actually missed Fairweather until I saw his eyes, which isn't a bad thing since he is actually quite small compared to his boss.

You may wish to vary your line weight a little to show depth in the future, a thinner line can go a long ways. The best way to remember the way of it (at least for me) is to think light is light, shadows are heavy. Mind that I am primarily a traditional artist for various reasons, so my advice may be taken with a grain of salt.

No, that is actually a thought out critique which as a artist I value.

In all honesty, I had made this image from a different idea I had, which would have had another 6 or 8 ghosts from the two halloween episodes in it where Samhain was as well. After getting most of the hill/tomb done, I started doing the background which included Boogaloo's face. Looking of it at that point, I decided I hated the idea of drawing all these ghost, when all anyone would do is just count them and complain that I didn't do the one they wanted. I came up with a story in my head, and through in Fairweather (I had no plans to have him in it originally). Samhain was more clearly the focal point in the image.

Anyways, in hindsight I could have used a floor/wall in the tomb itself. Samhain also should have been further back in there too. But it does its job as a horror poster feel, RGB image based on halloween villains. It may not have everyone in it, but it looks good. :lol:

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 4:42 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
I like it, anyway! :) You can still add in a floor, just place a faint shadowed line behind Samhain and you should be alright.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2011, 4:42 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

I was recently called out on this image, so here is a bit of a back story...

Quote:
My Theory is that Samhain and Boogaloo worked as a team at some point. Boogaloo betrayed Samhain to fall in favor of humans. However, Boogaloo has come to regret his choice to enter that contract, so now he is using his servant Fairweather to convince Samhain to try again without knowing Boogaloo is behind it. (Fairweather is a unknown to Samhain) Samhain had been weakened by the Ghostbusters after the last encounter. He takes the power Fairweather gives him, not knowing he is willing to be under the control of Boogaloo once more.

Well that is what I got so far.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2011, 10:43 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Aries
I think it looks really good. I've seen some of your other work it's not bad. Keep it up.

:)

Sometimes in my job I feel just like Janine, over worked and under paid!