It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:06 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: October 28th, 2011, 1:06 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
So, I draw a bit in traditional media, and as a result these look pretty messy since I didn't put a ton of effort into cleaning them up. Regardless, Happy Halloween, Ectozone. I meant to have something nice and Art Nouveu-y of Sam Hain to post but se la vie.

Tried to imagine the Ghostbusters modernized. Apparently not much changes. Peter and Winston were going to be here too, but I didn't like how they came out and erased them. People aren't my greatest artistic skill. Also, machinery is my least favorite thing to draw so take the giant proton-cannon...thing...Ray has with a grain of salt. I just kept adding to it until it looked kind of mechanical.

Yes, I watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It makes me happy.

Cutie marks:
Janine - Potted plant. I think of her as an avid horticulture enthusiast, probably knowing a lot more about it than anyone would expect of her.
Egon - Nautilus shell illustrating the Fibonacci sequence. Egon does the math, Ray builds the devices, in my opinion.
Peter - Tragedy/comedy masks. He's so dramatic, and some facets of his personality are just masks he can put on at will.
Winston - A wrench and a gear. He's the one who is steadfast and like clockwork keeps them in line.
Ray - Ghost trap. I wasn't sure on this one, but as an engineer that would be amongst his greatest accomplishments. I feel he's defined more by Ghostbusting than anyone else and didn't want to put a pentagram on him to represent his general enthusiasm for the occult since that could be taken the wrong way. Ghostbusting and all that entails IS his special talent.

Last edited by APaleHorse on November 8th, 2011, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2011, 12:22 am 
Moononite
Moononite

And more art. For caption even!

ImageImage
RGB and EGB Egons...Off-model anyway. Notations: RGB has a longer face and neck, thinner neck, and lighter eyes (used muted turquoise, EGB was true blue). Using a brush pen for hair; mistake.

Caption time! Because I have no idea what would make him that angry.

Full contact Jeopardy was Egon's favorite sport.
"I have a strongly dissenting opinion about your maternal parentage being fully evolved!"

PostPosted: December 25th, 2011, 6:21 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 9:41 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Some other things I forgot to post ages ago.

You are now reading this in Brain's voice.

This is what happened to Janine in GBII.

And this is decidedly NWS due to butts so all you get is a link, nyah.
Suggestive content
There IS a fic that goes with this but I don't think I can post it here and maybe not on FF.N either. It's not horrendously smutty, just suggestive enough I don't want to put it here. PM me if you want it.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2012, 10:38 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
APaleHorse wrote:
ImageImage
RGB and EGB Egons...Off-model anyway. Notations: RGB has a longer face and neck, thinner neck, and lighter eyes (used muted turquoise, EGB was true blue).

Seeing those pictures together like that makes me realise just how differently RGB and EGB Egon were drawn. He does look a bit Ray-like in EGB. I wonder why they made such a change in his facial appearance? Maybe the Makeoveris Lotsabucks paid Egon a visit, too! :lol:

Great artwork, by the way! :mrgreen:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2012, 12:03 am 
Moononite
Moononite

I suspect it was just animation streamlining; EGB Egon is actually much easier to draw and far less detailed (plus if you screw something up it doesn't look entirely off model). They pull some fantastic expressions - read: hilarious - with him if you watch for them, as my hoarde of screencaps can attest! The weirdest thing to me was not his hair or even his eye color, but his nose. You can change a hairstyle pretty easy and eyes CAN slowly change color over time, but a nose? That's some surgery right there.

Thank you. :)

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2012, 10:05 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
APaleHorse wrote:
I suspect it was just animation streamlining; EGB Egon is actually much easier to draw and far less detailed (plus if you screw something up it doesn't look entirely off model). They pull some fantastic expressions - read: hilarious - with him if you watch for them, as my hoarde of screencaps can attest! The weirdest thing to me was not his hair or even his eye color, but his nose. You can change a hairstyle pretty easy and eyes CAN slowly change color over time, but a nose? That's some surgery right there.

Thank you. :)

It's been long suspected that Adelaide either didn't pay for or was otherwise prohibited from using the exact RGB character designs. Look how the other original Ghostbusters are redesigned for "Back In the Saddle". Perhaps more tellingly is "A Temporary Insanity", where a mannikin of RGB-era Venkman has it's face digitized out.

Back on topic: neat pictures :)

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2012, 11:57 am 
Moononite
Moononite

That is a very good point...But it begs the question; Sony has the rights to Ghostbusters at the time, but who had the rights to Real Ghostbusters? Since the project was a work-for-hire the studio didn't retain rights - eg; toys, reproducing the episodes, and other merchandise means it was work-for-hire. I know they re-ran the series on Fox Family (what a horribly conceived network, I always hated their bump cards) around the same time. In fact I'm not sure who currently owns the rights...I'd look in my RGB Vol 1 case but I've packed it up in preparation to move.

Thanks. :)

PostPosted: January 4th, 2013, 11:39 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Oh hiiii Ava. Look at all that stuff in your background, thanks for taking me three hours and still not being complete...I really need to add something to the blank space on the left there, not sure what yet.

Spoilers no one cares about: Ava was created by The Morrigan, hence some of the symbolism. The Morrigan was symbolized by red eyed ravens and sometimes red cloth because she was the Washer at the River. Goddess of fate and death and one of the Tuatha De Danann. She is probably an Unseelie and associated with winter. Lots of snow and icicles, more to be added later when I feel creative about it again.

The gigantic raven on her shoulder is Huginn who sports a now-extinct color variation of Common Raven that was native to an island in the Norse sea. They're buddies and she serves him tea every evening at 8 pm on his way back to Odin. He's like the size of a frickin' eagle.

The Futhark runes read her name and "J" respectively. J, or JERA, was a runic symbol for the changing of seasons/a full year, and this is on the charmed necklace Ray gave to her. To her it means "change" and the prevention thereof, and her believe is really what makes the charm work for her at all.

The sideways hourglass is her ceased aging. The bird perched on it is a Purple Crowned Fairy Wren, which is the bird she was created from. The Coca-Cola bottle is what contained her actual soul and essence. The carved bird is her spirit.

There is a test tube with a representation of DNA serving as a pillar for exactly no other reason than that it looked cool and mimicked the flow of the other pillar.

Ava can no long cross strong thresholds unless specifically allowed to, hence the big doorway that will probably be stonework instead of wrought iron later because it'll be more visually appealing...

Oh and the obscure and hastily scribbled shape behind all that is Yggdrasil, just chillin' and bein' the world tree yo.