It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:16 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Lost Love... Found?
PostPosted: February 18th, 2016, 8:31 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Gemini
In which Peter Venkman pulls aside Eduardo Rivera for a man-to-man chat about Kylie... And what may happen to poor Egon and Janine.

E/K, E/J, but mostly P/D for some reason. Originally it started out as a E/K with more E/J but I just felt like P/D doesn't get enough attention. :ej4ever: :venkman: :dana:

This one mixes the animated series and the movies.

Both the first and second generations of Ghostbusters sat in the Firehouse that night, recounting stories and playing cards. One story in particular seemed to be shot back and forth between the groups- the Grendel. The older Ghostbusters didn't believe the teenagers until Egon and Janine assured them; Yes, it's true. You guys screwed up there.

Eduardo Rivera glanced at Kylie Griffin for the third time in five minutes, his thoughts going a mile a minute. Get it together Eduardo. He hissed to himself. Kylie's a little goth chick, not your type at all. Still, Eduardo couldn't help but think...

"Ow man!" He cried as Peter Venkman hit him in the shoulder. "What the hell was that for?"

Peter stood, never keeping his eyes off the small crack in the Firehouse wall across from him. "Eduardo and I are gonna be in the basement, if anyone needs us." Venkman announced to the group. "Which, I know you will."

He practically dragged Rivera downstairs, closing the door behind them and leaning on the rail of the metal staircase.

"Dude, what's going on?" Eduardo asked again. With a start, he noticed Peter's usually joking facial expressions were serious.

"You like her, don't you." Venkman's words were not questioning- they were a statement.

"N- Why would you ask that?"

Peter didn't answer for a long time. Finally, he managed a grin at Eduardo and opened his mouth. "Do you remember Gozer?"

Stunned, the younger man's eyes widened. Gozer. It was all anyone would talk about around the time of his birth, but by the time his first birthday rolled around, everyone had seemed to have forgotten the Sumerian god that had nearly destroyed the city- no, the world.

"Of course I remember." Eduardo groaned. "Loco chick who turned into a giant marshmallow? Kinda unforgettable."

Peter chuckled, but there was no humor. "My girlfriend got possessed by a Gozer minion." He told Rivera. "Turned her into a giant dog."

"A giant dog?"

"Complete with the whole I-need-a-bath-desperately-but-refuse-to-take-one smell."

"I'm sorry man."

Again, There was an awkward silence. Eduardo could faintly hear the other Ghostbusters talking through the door.

"I loved her a lot. Used to give her looks like the ones you're giving Kylie." The sad tone in Doctor Venkman's voice startled Rivera more than he would've liked to admit. Ever since the teenage Ghostbusters had gotten on better terms with the original Ghostbusters, Eduardo had felt a bond between him and the phycologist form. Now, seeing him so serious and grave, Rivera felt shivers go down his spine.

Some real serious crap was going down.

"And...?" Eduardo dared to add.

"And I lost her."

Eddie's stomach dropped. What is he SAYING?

"You know, Egon did something like that too." Peter continued, giving Rivera the impression he had forgotten the teen was there. "With Janine. She used to cling to him- more than she does now- and he ignored it. I'll bet you anything he regrets it just as much as I regret not acting soundly on my feelings with Dana."

"W-what does this have to do with me?" Eduardo Rivera squeaked, images of him and Kylie as forty year-olds flashing through his head.

"I'm telling you that you have to tell Griffin you like her before it's too late." Venkman's signature grin was back. "After all, she seems to fancy you too."

Eduardo stared at Peter. "You're crazy man." He said finally. Venkman merely shrugged.

Shaking his head, Rivera pushed open the door and returned to the comfort of the Firehouse hall, plopping down on the couch. Peter watched for a moment before slinking after him, dropping down onto a stool that had been pulled downstairs hours earlier.

"Want me to deal you in Pete?" Winston grinned, holding out a newly-shuffled deck of cards.

"You bet Zedd." Peter grinned right back. Halfway through the game, Venkman paused to think.

Now... I'll just give Egon that talk and maybe he'll stop brooding over Janine! The phycologist laughed to himself. Its brilliant! Now...

His joyful, inner voice faltered.

If I could only listen to my own advice...

Sometime in the middle of the night, Dana Barret woke up to her phone ringing. Yanking it up off of the hook hastily so it wouldn't wake up Oscar, she put the reciver to her ear.

"Dana Barret speaking."

"Dana, it's Peter... I'm so sorry."

Dana brought a shaky hand to her mouth and nearly burst out in either tears or laughter- most likely both.

"Why now Peter? After all these years..."

She heard Peter chuckle nervously.

"Let's just say I played matchmaker at the Firehouse today and realized all of my mistakes... Can we try again Dana? Please? I understand if you don't want to-"

"Peter." She silenced him with one word. "I have to think about this you know."

"Oh, yeah, sure..." Venkman's voice was dejected. "See you around then?"

Dana couldn't surppress a grin. "Yes... How about twelve-thirty tomorrow, at that nice little café next to where I play violin."

Silence, then-

"YES!"

Oroginally, this ended before Peter called Dana, but I couldn't resist.

And did Eduardo ever tell Kylie? Did Egon ever tell Janine?

May-be!

"We came, we saw, we kicked its-" :venkman:

"Check out this pole!" :ray:

"I love this town!" :winston:

"Don't cross the streams." :egon:

"WE GOT ONE!" :janine:

Post subject: Re: Lost Love... Found?
PostPosted: February 20th, 2016, 12:31 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Gemini
The E/J sequel to this: "Doctor Peter Venkman, Cupid." :ej4ever:

Takes place before Peter calls Dana.

(As I wrote this, the Ghostbusters theme song came on and I laughed for a minute straight :lol: )

Peter Venkman threw down his last card, grinning triumphantly. "I'm out!"

"Damn." Winston chuckled. "I should'a played my seven." Garrett nodded in agreement, displaying his less than perfect hand before scooping up the cards and shuffling them.

"I'm gonna sit this one out boys." Venkman yawned, glancing at Egon Spengler. "I have a job to do."

Winston did a double take. "A job?" Peter elected to ignore this, instead getting to his feet and strolling over to his friend.

"Did you need something Peter?" Egon asked, glancing up at Venkman over his glasses.

"Your best friend returns after ten years and you're already being harsh?" The phycologist winced. "Ouch."

Egon smiled, rolling his eyes. Across the room, Janine Melnitz's head turned in their direction. Peter noticed and swiftly bent over, ignoring the pain from the quick movement.

"Spengs, Redzilla over there is looking at you- again."

Egon suddenly looked uncomfortable. "So?"

"So you should go talk to her." Peter chided. "Without all the sciencey stuff. Like, a normal conversation."

Spengler glanced at Janine, who had turned back to her conversation with Ray. She was smiling, but her eyes were sad. Egon realized that was the look she gave him nowadays- tired and dejected.

"Er... Yes." The blond scientist murmured. "Possibly... After everyone leaves we could speak... She's preoccupied now-"

"Yeah yeah." Peter cut off Egon's rambling, grinning. "Because she's completely interested in Ray's latest car sale."

Egon let a minuscule smile flit over his face. "I suppose."

"Great!" Peter straightened, slapping Egon on the back. "I'm expecting results too Spengs. No one-and-done like you did after the Lostabucks."

Spengler cringed, and for a brief moment Peter worried he had screwed up. He opened his mouth to say something, but Egon beat him.

"You're right." The physicist had a determined look on his face. Peter couldn't help a smirk. "I always am."

Venkman strolled back over to his table, catching a glimpse of Eduardo sitting next to Kylie. They seemed to be in an animated conversation about the latest bust- Okay, fine. Maybe I could've been a little more macho, but that ghost came right at me Kylie!

Venkman chuckled, preparing to beat Garrett and Winston again.

"Uhm, Janine?"

Janine, who had been sweeping the last of the crumbs out of the Firehouse, glanced up at Egon, a tired look on her face.

"Yes, I payed the bills yesterday." She stated, fully intending to return to her work. Suddenly, she found Egon's hand on her shoulder and froze.

"I-is there something you needed?" Melnitz managed. Egon shook his head.

"I just wanted you to know..." Spengler murmured. "I appreciate what you do here. I don't think you're payed for all this extra stuff- cleaning up, going shopping..."

Janine chuckled, resorting to her trademark joke- "I don't think I'm payed at all."

Egon smiled, remembering how she used to shout at Peter Venkman about raises and pay.

"Ah, yes. Anyway..." He continued. "I don't believe I've been entirely honest about everything."

Janine frowned. Honest? She thought. Uh oh.

"You know, you're still as beautiful as you were ten years ago." Egon suddenly blurted. He reddened as the secretary's eyes widened.

"Oh, well, t-thank you Egon." She smiled, abandoning her broom.

The physicist looked embarrassed for a moment. "Did I really just say that?" He asked her. Janine laughed, nodding.

Egon, relived she was laughing, plunged on. "You've always been special to us... You saved us quite a few times. And we'd never find a secretary like you if you ever... Erm, quit."

"Or go on vacation." Janine rolled her eyes in amusement.

"Or go on vacation." Egon repeated, smiling. "What I'm trying to say is... Well, uh- mmph!"

Spengler was saved from his rambling when Janine leaned over and kissed him, kicking the Firehouse door shut with her heel. When they pulled back, she grinned.

"Was it that?" She asked.

"Well, simplified, yes." Egon admitted.

"Good." Janine grinned. "Because IT'S ABOUT TIME!"

You can imagine the rest! :mrgreen: Come on, channel your inner Venkman! :venkman:

"We came, we saw, we kicked its-" :venkman:

"Check out this pole!" :ray:

"I love this town!" :winston:

"Don't cross the streams." :egon:

"WE GOT ONE!" :janine: