It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:52 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: January 6th, 2010, 7:07 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Fritz wrote:
This is just a wild guess, but I bet it doesn't involve her Self Insert trying to embarassingly seduce Louis Tully.

Just looked at the reviews - seem "poor Hope" is preggers. And I bet, Louis is not the father :roll:
Also, everybody LOVES the story, its SO good and original... and my brain really hurts now.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2010, 8:30 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
A SEQUAL? That's it then, the official first sign of the apocolypse. Everybody take cover!

PostPosted: April 15th, 2010, 11:04 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Cancer
Now I'm glad I avoided that story like the plague. SOunds like the quickest way to kill brain cells.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2010, 12:41 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
No kidding. :puke:

PostPosted: April 16th, 2010, 11:45 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
And it just gets worse, and worse, and more delusional.

Dead Sea Fruit » by Gwyn Gaeafau reviews
Join our favorite couple as they head to Ireland where an evil spirit has secretly led them to complete his century old task; live with his lost love. With new transparent friends and a baby on the way, will they stop what is threatening their happiness?
Rated: T - English - Romance/Supernatural - Chapters: 2 - Words: 2,917 - Reviews: 3 - Updated: 4-11-10 - Published: 3-26-10 - Egon

It just really pitiful at this point. And disgusting, never let us forget disgusting. :hurl: :puke:

Somehow when I think of her I am reminded of Dixie in "Til Death Do Us Part" I think its her unwillingness to accept reality.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2010, 1:34 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: Isn't that against the rules? Not Mary-Sues sadly but those first two fics were slightly edited forms of the movie, meaning that they aren't her work, shouldn't they be reported?

PostPosted: April 24th, 2010, 5:19 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
Quote:
"Well I'm not about to call a press conference and tell everyone to start praying." The mayor concluded as he sat down behind his desk. Winston moved passed the others, grabbing a hold of hope along the way, and walked to the front of the mayor's desk.

"Um, I'm a Winston Zeddmore, your honor, and this is Hope Stantz." Winston pushed Hope forward and she smiled sheepishly, unsure what Winston was up to. The mayor looked behind the two and pointed to Ray.

"That the brother you were screaming for?" He asked with a joking tone hidden in his voice. Hope gave a nervous laugh and nodded her head, uncomfortable.

"Your honor, I've only been with the company for a couple of weeks and Hope, well, she's the biggest nonbeliever I've ever known." Winston started, taking a moment to look over at Hope who nodded her head, "But I've got to tell you. These things are real. We've seen things that'll turn you white!"

Hope let out a whole hearted laugh, knowing that Winston hadn't meant anything racial with the comment, but that the other men in the room had taken it that way.

- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5656872/19/Stay_Puft (Chapter 19: Hi, Lenny)

Quote:
"Well I'm not about to call a press confrence and tell everyone to start praying." the mayor said. He put his head in his hands on top of his desk, having no clue on what to do about the present situation. Winston put an arm around my shoulders and brought me forward, up to the mayor's desk.

"Umm, I'm Wnston Zeddemore, Your Honour, and this is Melissa Spengler." he shoved me forward a little bit. The mayor looked up, his eyes flitting from me to my dad, to me, to my dad, and then back to me. A ghost of a smirk crossed his face.

"You two look alike," he observed, pointing at me and my dad. "You related?"

"Yes, sir." I said, feeling my cheeks warm up a bit. It was my shyness playing up again. Damn. "He's my father."

"Sir," Winston interrupted, smiling a tiny bit at my timidness, but then becoming serious a milisecond later. "I've only been with the company for a few weeks, and Melissa not much longer than that. But I've gotta tell you, these things are real. We've seen shit that'll turn you white."

I snorted, knowing full well that it wasn't a racial joke. The other men in the room sighed, obviously taking it in that way.

- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5727432/8/I ... a_Spengler (Chapter 8: Lenny's Choice)

It seems Gwyn Gaeafau's plagiarised story 'Stay Puft' is being plagiarised by one of her own reviewers. :lol:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2010, 6:34 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Serves her right. I wonder if the plagiarizer of the plagiarizer will be plagiarized too.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 12:46 am 
Doberman
Doberman

I just reported the plagarized stories, I don't know if they'll pay attention, (the last time I reported something they didn't do anything), but I did report it. The funny thing is that ol' plagarizer doesn't realize she's being plagarized.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 3:37 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Seems that Stay-Puft story has been deleted. Good riddance I say.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2016, 7:48 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's still there....And "rewritten." Malarkey.

And if you see a modified Egon one-liner at the top of the review section, that was me :P

PostPosted: March 30th, 2016, 7:03 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Aries
Just a humble newbie here, with some food for thought.

While having some guidelines on how to avoid writing a Mary-Sue-ish character is helpful somewhat, what's problematic is that there may a possibility that people can read a story and have different opinions on whether a new character in the story is a Mary Sue or not.

Here's what I mean. You got two stories, each with a new character. Exhibit A and Exhibit B. One story, Exhibit A has the character's backstory, the other, Exhibit B, doesn't. Some people would see Exhibit A with the new character's backstory as a Mary Sue story, while the others would say no, it's Exhibit B, the one with the new character just written in there, no backstory, nada. Or maybe some would say both stories, both Exhibits A and B are like that. So now the author has a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of situation here. Know what I mean?

Then there's also the possibility that a story with a new character will be liked by some of the audience while the other half the audience will say no, the new character is a Mary Sue. Again, another damned if you do, damn if you don't situation.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 3:27 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Maroon5fan wrote:
Just a humble newbie here, with some food for thought.

While having some guidelines on how to avoid writing a Mary-Sue-ish character is helpful somewhat, what's problematic is that there may a possibility that people can read a story and have different opinions on whether a new character in the story is a Mary Sue or not.

Here's what I mean. You got two stories, each with a new character. Exhibit A and Exhibit B. One story, Exhibit A has the character's backstory, the other, Exhibit B, doesn't. Some people would see Exhibit A with the new character's backstory as a Mary Sue story, while the others would say no, it's Exhibit B, the one with the new character just written in there, no backstory, nada. Or maybe some would say both stories, both Exhibits A and B are like that. So now the author has a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of situation here. Know what I mean?

Then there's also the possibility that a story with a new character will be liked by some of the audience while the other half the audience will say no, the new character is a Mary Sue. Again, another damned if you do, damn if you don't situation.

Some interesting insights. Welcome to the Ectozone. :)

PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 9:58 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Aries
Thanks.

Another thing I'd like to note, I find that the same situation can occur with litmus tests for whether a person's own character is a Mary Sue or not. Because of differing opinions, and the different ways a question or questions can be worded, a person may find that on one test their character passes with flying colours(or would that also be considered too perfect?), and fail miserably on a different test.

I guess with these two things in mind, I don't see this whole Mary Sue problem ending anytime soon.

On a different note, was this Star Trek story an actual story or an urban myth that's now gotten outta hand?

PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 9:43 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Maroon5fan wrote:
On a different note, was this Star Trek story an actual story or an urban myth that's now gotten outta hand?

Mary Sue litmus tests are not perfect themselves either. And yes, the original Mary Sue story was written by Paula Smith: http://www.wiccananime.com/amslt/amslttrekkiestale

And on the subject of what constitutes a Mary Sue, I suggest you read this hilariously accurate webcomic: http://interrobangstudios.com/comics-di ... rip_id=989