It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:01 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 2:45 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Ok, so some of the biggest complaints about Ghostbusters 2 was that the notion of Dana Barret being the center of a supernatural plot involving the end of the world was happening a SECOND time. Well, I was watching Ghostbusters 2 tonight and I came up with a theory, tell me what you guys think of it:

Okay, so Vigo is a sorcerer and student of black magic and the dark arts in general, right? Maybe he also researched Sumeria and its dieties during his life? He stumbled upon the prophecy of Gozer's return and made note of it, obviously he'd been preparing his own return to Earth. So anyway, Vigo croaks, vowing that he'd be back, knowing that in 1983, the Destroyer would return and Zuul would inhabit the body of a woman to do so. Maybe during his studies of the prophecy, he also came across the mention of 4 warriors who would stop Gozer's arrival and banked on the fact that this woman would be left with some kind of lingering trace of Gozer inside her. Something that would be passed down to her offspring. So he begins his plot, arranging small subconscious cues to whomever owned his portrait and arranged for it to make its way to New York when Dana Barret's child is of appropriate age, where he began amassing the river of slime, using the city's "bad vibes" to power it and feed him. Eventually, he decides that the occasion of New Year's Eve will be the perfect chance for him to make his return and starts trying to get hold of her son, utilizing Janosz Poha to do this.

To me, this just makes a bit more sense and links the two incidents together, giving reason to the complaint "why does all the world-ending stuff happen in New York?" Maybe Vigo just capitalized on the fact that there was already a lot of dark power amassed in that place.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 3:02 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
I'm already planning on using something like that in a story

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 12:54 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Scorpio
hey, i claimed dibs....

oh well... we can compromise :)