It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:23 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: October 24th, 2011, 9:19 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
http://www.gbfans.com/news/27836/125-sc ... ed-by-amt/

Quote:
Pictures are just starting to trickle in from the iHobby Expo in Chicago Illinois. At the show, AMT has unveiled a number of models to be released in 2012, among them was a re-release of the Ghostbusters 2 Ecto-1a. The model will be identical to the previous release in the early 90's, and will reuse the same molds where available.

We'll have more information as it becomes available.

Round 2 Models is the current owner of the AMT/Ertl catalog and properties, and they've repoped a lot of AMT's old Star Trek models, often with improvements.

I have one of the original releases, but may get one anyway--I have a lot more patience than I did in 1990, and the end result will no doubt be a quantum improvement.

Heck, if I feel really adventurous, I'll try to turn one into the ECTO-1N.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 2:26 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Aries
Cool! Can't wait to try and get one.

Sometimes in my job I feel just like Janine, over worked and under paid!

PostPosted: February 11th, 2012, 9:31 am 
Administrator
Administrator

There's now a page up for it at the Round2 web site:

http://www.round2models.com/models/amt/ecto-1/product

Quote:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Item No: AMT750
Release Date: May 2012

Ghostbusters is a classic American film full of spooky humor from beginning to end. The Ecto-1 returns to help the 'Busters save the day once again. Loaded with all of the gear necessary to take down any nasty poltergeist that gets in their way. The kit features a detailed equipment rack and decals to decorate the car as the Ecto-1 or the Ecto-1A.

* Scale: 1/25
* Skill Level: 2 (ages 10 and up)
* Glue assembly, paint required
* 10" x 3.5" x 4.5"
* Molded in white, plus chrome and clear parts
o Detailed equipment rack
o Expanded decal sheet

The line about "a detailed equipment rack and decals to decorate the car as the Ecto-1 or the Ecto-1A" is interesting. Technically the ECTO-1 has some differences in the roof equipment; I suspect what this really means is "You can build the ECTO-1A with the GB1 logo!" Which would actually be pretty cool--I already have an ECTO-1A model I built in 1990, so maybe that would be a neat way to have a build that wasn't exactly like one I already have. The post-GB2 ECTO-1, as it were

AJ Quick has it available for preorder at GBFans:
http://www.gbfans.com/shop/merchandise/ ... ale-model/

PostPosted: June 5th, 2012, 11:18 am 
Administrator
Administrator

These have started to appear at some of the hobby shops; I've even seen them in person. I may have a one as soon as next week.

There's even a section on GBFans where people can talk about their group builds. Somebody is already building one.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 9:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I now have one. I bought it at a Hobbytown today.

I did discover one slight setback to my original plan, basically an ECTO-1A with the original logo (kind of the post-GB2 version of the car in GBOT continuity), but there's only three GB1 logos on the decal sheet. I'd need four to do it right. There's someone on GBFans making aftermarket decals; or heck, I might even be able to buy or trade with someone who isn't using thiers (since I won't be using the GB2 logos)

I dunno...if I got the help of a friend with a digital camera, would anyone here be interested if I posted a sorta build log?

I'm not going to start immediately--I've got a Revell Space Shuttle model I'm not done with. Though all I need to do is finish clearcoating the Mobile Launch Platform and build the Solid Rocket Boosters, so it may not be too many days until I'm ready to give the ECTO-1 a try.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 7:45 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
As an aside...do you also build model trains? We're trying to find a way to put a smoke effect into our guns without using dry ice and are having a heck of a time finding out how they make model trains with smoke stacks.

We make these, btw: Messenger

I have definite plans to turn one of these into a not-so-proper Proton gun.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 8:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

APaleHorse wrote:
As an aside...do you also build model trains? We're trying to find a way to put a smoke effect into our guns without using dry ice and are having a heck of a time finding out how they make model trains with smoke stacks.

We make these, btw: Messenger

I have definite plans to turn one of these into a not-so-proper Proton gun.

Never built trains. In my teens, I was big on "realspace" models (Space Shuttles, Saturn 5s, ect) and, for a time after Top Gun hit it big, fighter planes. Then I got into Star Trek and mecha models for a while, Revell's Robotech line and such. c.1990 and AMTs models of the ECTO-1A and the Batmobile (from the 1989 movie) were the last gasp for about a decade, then I did a few Gundam models when they became relatively readily available here. Then last fall I got a nostalgia trip when Airfix repopped their Saturn 1B model, which I wanted as a teen but never got; since then I built another Saturn 5 (ten times better than I did in 1983, because I had no patience in 1983) and am finishing a Revell Space Shuttle (Which has been labelled the Endeavour, because that was the only Orbiter I never built back in the day :lol: )

Even then, I never really did a lot of kitbashing or customizing. Certainly nothing along the lines of getting a train smokestack to smoke.

tl:dr :Not really anything I can say to help. There's lots of prop whizzes on GBFans who might have some ideas.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2012, 8:26 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
Wow, haha! And here all I put together was a Millennium Falcon and a couple WWII fighter planes.

Thanks anyway!

PostPosted: June 15th, 2012, 9:15 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

The ECTO-1A was the first Ghostbusters model I owned. Way back in '94 or '93 my dad built it for me in secret and then gave it to me as a Christmas present. :)

PostPosted: June 21st, 2012, 8:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Just the other day, I dug out the Minimates I bought a few years ago (mostly X-men, though also the set with Movie Egon and the Library Ghost) and realized they'd be more or less the right size to display with the ECTO-1 models.

Egon, Janine, and Ray arrived in the mail today. Hopefully Winston and Venkman will get here tomorrow. :lol: