It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:53 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Could It Be...?
PostPosted: October 18th, 2012, 1:50 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Holy crap, I think they're gonna do it. http://www.slashfilm.com/ghostbusters-3 ... mmer-2013/

Post subject: Re: Could It Be...?
PostPosted: October 18th, 2012, 2:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Dear gods, this damn thing is like a zombie or a Megaman villain. Every time you think it's safely dead, here it sprocking comes again to eat everyone's brains.

Not going to get excited (or, more accurately, panicky) until I see something straight from Sony.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2012, 3:50 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

GB3 is kinda weird that way, isn't it?

PostPosted: October 29th, 2012, 7:51 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
What?...No Murray? I'm not going to see it.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2013, 4:52 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Aries
I'm really not sure what to feel about this. I want to feel happy, but I feel like the movie, if it actually gets made, will just be a repeat of Extreme Ghostbusters, with a focus on young "hip" characters while pushing the old, well loved characters to the background. There's not even going to be any Peter for crying out loud.
I'm also nervous about the treatment of the new female ghostbuster. According to the wiki, there will be 3 new male busters, and one token female. It's great there will be a female ghostbuster, but If I know my big modern hollywood films, there's about a seventy percent chance her characterization wont go any further than "the girl", or at best, "the smart girl". She'll probably be milked for fanservice too, and be slotted into the role of obligatory love interest. It's fine for there to be fanservice, and it's fine for her to be a love interest, but it's not fine if that's all there is to the character. If there's a female ghostbuster I want her to be as insane, quirky and funny as is fitting for a member of the team. I want her to be a Janine, not a Dana, you know what I mean?

Janine was beautiful and badass, but the focus on her character was her hilarious and awesome personality. Dana, on the other hand, was a nice person, but her character doesn't really go beyond "Peter's pretty girlfriend", and I suspect that's why she doesn't have many fans in comparison. When Hollywood writes a female character, they tend to write her as a girl first, and as a character second, and it should be the other way around. I have confidence that the returners will do their best to make the characters likable, but the script is being largely written by a new, younger guy, and the people funding the project are probably thinking more about making that money back than paying respect to the older actors and their fans.
I'd rather the movie not get made at all than have the story turned into a generic summer action blockbuster. The reasons the ghostbusters are so popular is because they're unique compared to a lot of other movies and their characters.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2013, 6:25 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
On women in movies: This. This this this. I completely agree with you there, honestly the most badass female character in recent movies that comes to mind? Black Widow. She was never really a damsel, and that was REFRESHING. She runs from Hulk, sure, but who wouldn't? Thor can simply go toe to toe with him and manage not to get dead. When it comes to Hawkeye she just takes care of it herself. If they can do that for a female Ghostbuster then it would be worth it.

Script writers, just remember this mantra: "Not a damsel, a knight."