All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: July 17th, 2013, 9:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=34234

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 07#p451407

Quote:
From the card, it says it will cost $130.

:o

Quote:
From what I can tell by trying to read the sign, it will have "orange, red, and yellow LEDs" and if you cross two wands together they'll have a unique "crossing the streams pattern" in the lights, and it is expected to cost $130.

Looks pretty damn neat to me. I haven't gotten any of the props since the PKE Meter (And I needed a lot of help on that one) but this is a real possibility.

So I wonder how long until the guys on GBFans start complaining about it...

Quote:
It's recognizable, but for that price tag, you could do way better.

Yeah, not long at all.
:|

PostPosted: July 20th, 2013, 11:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 54&t=34252

Kingpin wrote:
Today during the Mattypalooza panel at San Diego Comic Con, Mattel revealed one of the biggest additions to their 6inch Ghostbusters line to date: The Ecto-1.

Specs include:
•For the first time ever, the Ecto-1 is in scale to our 6” Ghostbusters™ figures so you can recreate scenes from the iconic first movie.
•This Ecto-1 will feature a pull-out rack for storing the removable proton packs that come with the new 6” Peter and Ray figures (sold separately).
•The headlights of the Ecto-1 will flash and the beacon will light up with both blue and red lights.
•The doors and trunk of the Ecto-1 will actually open so you can get your 6” figures and their gear inside!
•The authentic Ecto-1 signature ambulance siren lets bystanders know the Ecto-1 is coming.
•This Movie Masters® Epic Creations™ vehicle is made of highly detailed, hard plastic, with authentic Cadillac logos.
•The Ecto-1 features engine revving sounds recreated to sound just like in the film!
•This vehicle rolls on wheels to get around town fast… go get those ghosties!

Further details are yet to be confirmed, but we'll bring them to you when we get them.

Additionally, Mattel have also announced the debut of the range of figures in the 6inch line which feature removable Proton Packs. Some may recall seeing prototypes of these popping up a while back on eBay, with speculation as to whether Mattel still planned on using the feature.

The slides from the show suggest they'll appear on the Mattycollector website eventually, but you can get them bundled with the Ecto-1 if you purchase the car's preorder.

The 6inch scale Ecto-1 is given a tentative retail price of $$215, but only if they receive enough preorders.

I'm probably skipping this one, more because of the cost, but the figures with removable packs would be a tempting item if sold seperately.

It's an interesting sign, though, considering that a year ago Mattel basically declared the 6-inch line dead. But this is Ghostbusters, so I guess stuff rising from the grave is to be expected.

So...Mattel...you want to make some new figures? I think there's an obvious one after the Egon and Winston with removable packs.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2013, 4:26 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
I need to fined another job before I can think of getting this. :s

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 10:51 am 
Administrator
Administrator

So...er...forget all about that ECTO-1:

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... pre-order/

Quote:
We also did not reach our goal for the Ecto-1 pre-order.

Gee, you think? You tell us there's a pre-order period until November...then suddenly it's "No, if we don't get enough pre-orders by mid-August it won't happen" and then, because a lot of fans felt burned by a crappy Back to the Future Hoverboard they're reluctant to commit to something you guys didn't even knock out some kind of half-credible prototype or demo for?

Ah well, the Neutrona Wand will still be happening. Latest sounds like it will be offered for sale in mid-December. I ended up not going completely broke at GenCon, so I may be braving the White Screen of Death for this one.