It is currently December 2nd, 2021, 7:37 pm

All times are UTC-05:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: July 28th, 2021, 12:19 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2008, 6:48 pm
Posts: 456
Location: marooned on a small island.
Zodiac: Aquarius
Wow, I mean there's a hell of a lot to digest with this trailer and the Director's Commentary. It feels like there's been a drought of information and now we're flooded with stuff!

So, first thing is that although this trailer seems to give away a LOT, I do feel that we're being led down a path that doesn't reveal the real threat. They've taken so much pains to keep everything secret that it just seems odd to reveal so much in this trailer.

Spoilers:
First the stuff I'm a little concerned about.

We see Gozer, Terror Dogs, Stay-Pufts, Muncher (very similar to Slimer), and a Ghostly Miner (very similar to the Taxi Cab Ghost from the first film)...

Yeah, I totally understand where Fritz's retread comment comes from. I'm really hoping that this movie isn't basically GB1 set in Oklahoma, but there's a LOT of similarities there.

I also understand the concerns about there not being much comedy in the trailer. There is a whole new tone to Ghostbusters Afterlife which seems more sombre than the original two movies. That's not necessarily a bad thing if that's what the rest of the movie is like, but a few belly laughs somewhere in the trailer would lighten things up a bit and maybe help some of the new younger audience get engaged with it. We are trying to bring in a new crowd, after all.

Speaking of the younger kids, we didn't see much of the new characters Lucky and Podcast in this trailer. I kind of wish there was a little bit less of the previous trailer and a little more of the newer characters so we can get a bit more of an idea of what their characters are like. Podcast seems like a really funny kid, but all I've seen of him is from one foreign theatrical trailer and from a gif of him trying to prise open the trap Phoebe brought into class. Neither of those are going to be seen by the casual audience before this film is out. I thought maybe a bit of his character in the new trailer really would have lightened it a bit and brought the humour that some have complained wasn't there.

Aside from that, there was some really interesting stuff hidden in there that I'm still seeing being discovered on the ghostbusters websites out there. I love those hidden things in trailers that don't appear to mean much at first, but then later they really reveal a lot.

For instance, I noticed that the lights in the house appear to be guiding both Phoebe and Callie, so it does seem as if Egon's presence is certainly in that old house, directing his children and grandchildren. I initially thought that the flashing lights were from the earthquakes, but now I feel like it's actually Egon's presence. The voiceover as the lamp directs Callie's attention pretty much sold me on that one. I also noticed that there was an old gas lamp in the scene where Callie talks to Janine. It would be interesting if that lights up on its own during their conversation.

Speaking of which, in my opinion, both this trailer and the commentary are setting up the whole 'is she or isn't she the mother' thing with Janine and Callie.

A couple of things stand out in both the trailer and the commentary. In the commentary I noticed Jason didn't mention Janine's surname, but did mention Egon's. Second, I found it interesting that when he discussed the movie being about the Spengler family, he mentioned that they were disconnected. Later, when talking about Janine and Egon, he talks about them having a connection, which seemed an interesting choice of words to use. I mean if they were just old friends, you'd say that. A connection seems to imply something more than that. The fact that she took care of him in his old age doesn't rule out the possibility of them being married.

The trailer is deliberately vague on Janine's role. When she spoke about Egon, the mention of 'your father' is vague enough to either be coming from someone who knew Egon well, or is a mother talking to a child about their Dad.

I think the two biggest hints in the trailers that Janine is Callie's mother is when Janine says Egon 'was never much of a homemaker' and Callie says 'you're saying he left us nothing?' If Callie were talking to someone she didn't know about her father's Will, she'd be asking why he didn't leave her anything. Singular. He didn't leave me anything. Why's she talking about 'us'? Possibly she means herself and her kids, but why would she bring up her kids in a discussion about her own inheritance? It seems more than likely she is talking to Janine about Egon leaving the BOTH of them with nothing.

Also, it seems as if Callie is struggling to bond with her daughter... A few scenes later, we see Janine talking to Callie about Egon, apparently having not known much about her own father. Maybe the same struggle to bond is there with Janine, Egon and Callie as it seems to be with Callie and Phoebe? That might be a bit of a tenuous link, I admit, but it's worth considering.

There is a heavy focus on family in this film, and Callie's connection to her father can only ever be one-sided. There is another part of this family that seems to be missing, and I'm wondering that if Janine isn't her mother, how will this movie deal with that?

Fritz wrote:
But man, at this point, it makes it seem even more dumb as hell to not have Janine be the Mom. It's like "Ooops, we're already giving the fans more Gozer and old guys in flight suits who aren't girls and the original ECTO-1, we'd better fuck up something to keep them from being too happy with us."


That's right - this movie is taking heavily from GB1, as I also mentioned above. In the commentary, Jason flat out says Janine was in love with Egon in the first film. Seems weird to take all of that backstory, the knowledge that Janine was in love with Egon, while bringing in all the other elements of GB1, and then have her appear as just some kind of official Executor type of person who gives a little bit of exposition about what Spengs was like in his old age, hands over the keys to Callie and disappears. "Hi, kid! I knew your Dad, he was a nice guy. I loved him a lot back in the old days. Here's the keys to your new home! Bye!" and then to have Annie Potts credited for that kind of tiny part alongside the main cast. I also noticed Jason briefly spoke about working with Annie again, which makes me feel as if Annie spent longer on set than just for a walk-on type of role.

Also, something I just found:

From trailer one, when they are at Egon's house:

Image

From trailer two:

Image

So, Janine is at Egon's house when she's talking about him barely able to keep the power on.

And this is the same room Phoebe finds the trap (notice the lamp):

Image

Image

_________________
"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.


Top
   
PostPosted: July 28th, 2021, 12:48 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3469
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
Good thoughts as always.

Quote:
The trailer is deliberately vague on Janine's role. When she spoke about Egon, the mention of 'your father' is vague enough to either be coming from someone who knew Egon well, or is a mother talking to a child about their Dad.


Yeah. Maybe it was me looking though shipper-tinted glasses, but my hot read on that bit felt very much like "Well, Daughter Dear, let me tell you how your Dad was..."

Quote:
I think the two biggest hints in the trailers that Janine is Callie's mother is when Janine says Egon 'was never much of a homemaker' and Callie says 'you're saying he left us nothing?' If Callie were talking to someone she didn't know about her father's Will, she'd be asking why he didn't leave her anything. Singular. He didn't leave me anything. Why's she talking about 'us'? Possibly she means herself and her kids, but why would she bring up her kids in a discussion about her own inheritance? It seems more than likely she is talking to Janine about Egon leaving the BOTH of them with nothing.

Also, it seems as if Callie is struggling to bond with her daughter... A few scenes later, we see Janine talking to Callie about Egon, apparently having not known much about her own father. Maybe the same struggle to bond is there with Janine, Egon and Callie as it seems to be with Callie and Phoebe? That might be a bit of a tenuous link, I admit, but it's worth considering.

There is a heavy focus on family in this film, and Callie's connection to her father can only ever be one-sided. There is another part of this family that seems to be missing, and I'm wondering that if Janine isn't her mother, how will this movie deal with that?


Quote:
That's right - this movie is taking heavily from GB1, as I also mentioned above. In the commentary, Jason flat out says Janine was in love with Egon in the first film. Seems weird to take all of that backstory, the knowledge that Janine was in love with Egon, while bringing in all the other elements of GB1, and then have her appear as just some kind of official Executor type of person who gives a little bit of exposition about what Spengs was like in his old age, hands over the keys to Callie and disappears. "Hi, kid! I knew your Dad, he was a nice guy. I loved him a lot back in the old days. Here's the keys to your new home! Bye!" and then to have Annie Potts credited for that kind of tiny part alongside the main cast. I also noticed Jason briefly spoke about working with Annie again, which makes me feel as if Annie spent longer on set than just for a walk-on type of role.


Which again kind of leads back to the central confusion: if Janine is Callie's Mom, why in the name of hell don't they just say so? This is what's driving all of us nuts. Where would the down side be, other than a few people bitching and moaning about "But what about her and Louis in GB2?!" when, after being part of the fandom as long as I have, I feel fairly confident that Jason and the gang would be pleasing a hell of a lot more people than they'd piss off. (And of course there's a sizeable contingent of fans who wouldn't care either way.)

But to keep from this sounding too negative:

At least Jason Reitman acknowledges what we all saw in GB1, and that it is somehow to some degree important to what's happening in this movie. Considering that the last movie appearance of these characters basically pretended it didn't happen it's at least a little bit of something.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: July 29th, 2021, 4:14 am 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 2:20 pm
Posts: 784
Zodiac: Gemini
I just had to come on here and see what you all were talking about.
I'm not going to be too upset if this movie isn't that funny and leans a little more on the spooky.
Heck, it might have some comedy for a different generation. what with all the smartphones and tick tacking and what not by craky. :P

As I have heard others say GB1 was lightning in a bottle and seemed to walk the line perfectly between comedy and spooky.
the last film leaned way too hard into the comedy. so i would not be surprised if they pull back on it for this one and go a bit in the other direction. Sorts of like where you go back and forth till you toon something just right.

as far as not showing us that much in the trailers. I'm ok with that. there have been too many times as a kid where if a trailers show you all the best part then it meant there were nothing els and the film ended up being bad.


Also, I'm just going to say. I choked up when I heard rays voice at the end.

_________________
Image

Image

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel


Top
   
PostPosted: July 29th, 2021, 12:30 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2008, 6:48 pm
Posts: 456
Location: marooned on a small island.
Zodiac: Aquarius
Fritz wrote:
Where would the down side be, other than a few people bitching and moaning about "But what about her and Louis in GB2?!" when, after being part of the fandom as long as I have, I feel fairly confident that Jason and the gang would be pleasing a hell of a lot more people than they'd piss off. (And of course there's a sizeable contingent of fans who wouldn't care either way.)

TBH, I think GB2 is more the problem than fan reaction.

So far from what I've seen on social media, there are some who have seen the trailer who think that Janine is Egon's Executor who is there to hand over the keys to his house and more recently I've seen some who think she's like an Auntie-Janine type of character, but most responses seem to suggest that they think the trailer shows she's Callie's mother, mainly I think because of the 'homemaker' line. That line certainly gives the impression that they wanted the audience to think that Janine was a member of the family. I just think that GB2 puts a bit of a spanner in the works, otherwise Janine being Callie's mother would be a done deal, of that I have no doubt.

If it weren't for GB2, there'd by no issue with the ages of the characters, or if the timeline would fit everything in. It's not just about the pairing of Janine and Louis - it's because it's obvious that Egon doesn't have a child, or doesn't know he has a child in GB2. Janine talks about wanting a child in GB2, so it's obvious she hasn't had one, either. Even as an E/J shipper I'm struggling with how the hell they would have got back together and had a child in that timeframe and how it would work with the ages of the characters in this film or if they did have a child between GB1&2 and the mood slime caused them both to lose their damned minds or something. I don't envy Jason for having to work with that, and the fact that the main characters in this movie are Egon's offspring means that he's had to make some difficult choices on that score.

From a personal perspective, I would hope that even if Callie wasn't Janine's daughter, Egon would at least have married Janine. The fact that she's been in love with him all these years and helped him in his old age seems really sad if he didn't appreciate her affection for him. I don't feel it's as one-sided in GB1 as Jason stated, and as he seems to have studied the first film in depth, I do think he knows that.

There are a lot of fans who don't think Egon has feelings, or is capable of having feelings. They seem to think he's some kind of unemotional robot despite his outburst after the Firehouse blows up, but I've always felt that in GB1 he's a guy who has feelings for Janine but has absolutely no idea what to do about it. If he didn't have feelings he wouldn't have cared either way about her and certainly wouldn't have bothered to try and comfort her.

This movie is about Egon. His family, his relationship with them and his legacy going forward. If he was an unemotional robot who didn't care about anyone and was just a sperm donor then this film's gonna be a real short one. :lol:

Edited to add:
Okay, I've just seen Celeste O'Connor's reaction video to the trailer, and her reaction when Annie came on screen seems to demonstrate that they worked on set together, which makes me think that if Janine and Lucky are in a scene together, then she's definitely is in it for more than just a walk-on cameo role as Egon's Executor.

_________________
"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.


Top
   
PostPosted: July 29th, 2021, 1:23 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3469
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
Quote:
So far from what I've seen on social media, there are some who have seen the trailer who think that Janine is Egon's Executor who is there to hand over the keys to his house and more recently I've seen some who think she's like an Auntie-Janine type of character, but most responses seem to suggest that they think the trailer shows she's Callie's mother, mainly I think because of the 'homemaker' line. That line certainly gives the impression that they wanted the audience to think that Janine was a member of the family. I just think that GB2 puts a bit of a spanner in the works, otherwise Janine being Callie's mother would be a done deal, of that I have no doubt.


It's not like there's been a long history going all the way back to 1989 itself of official, Columbia/Sony endorsed Ghostbuster writers taking that particular unpopular GB2 subplot and burying it, though. James Van Hise blew that crap off when GB2 had barely even left the theaters. JMS, EGB, not a word. Not even suck-up writers Jansen and Menville really tried to keep it around.

I know it might sound strange in ways coming from the guy who wrote stuff like this, but if it's a choice between telling a more satisfying story and strict adherence to how much time's passed between events A, B, and C as far as the real world is concerned, give me the better story.

Quote:
They seem to think he's some kind of unemotional robot despite his outburst after the Firehouse blows up,


Yeah. It's like they forget that part all the time. I always thought it was perfect: after acting all scientific and dispassionate for the whole movie, he just blows up--he's human after all.

nikki wrote:
This movie is about Egon. His family, his relationship with them and his legacy going forward. If he was an unemotional robot who didn't care about anyone and was just a sperm donor then this film's gonna be a real short one. :lol:


And from my perspective, I don't see how the movie you describe wouldn't be a very shitty one.

Thanks as always for your insightful comments.
:)

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: July 29th, 2021, 3:38 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 7:07 pm
Posts: 769
Zodiac: Virgo
Love the comments. I want to address some of the points, but I'm too lazy to quote tag all of it, so I'm just gonna ramble. ;)

Fritz, I think Jason just wants to torture us.

He clearly has a soft spot for GB84. He has always spoken of it as a huge influence. He was THERE, he saw it filmed. He SAW the deleted scenes, things we've never seen (like the Vegas wedding scene, that according to Making Ghostbusters, was probably filmed) It's ingrained in his mind.

But he has a challenge of explaining the GB2 travesty. He has had this headcannon of Egon's grandkids, so you have to assume he has headcannon of Egon being a dad.

All of this is supposed to "unwrap like a present" and I think, right now, we are holding the still wrapped gift in our hands. It looks like what we asked for, it feels like it might be it, but there's still the off chance it's not. I think that's what he's intended, lol

He acknowledged that E/J are connected, that she loved him, that she was taking care of him in the end. She is IN the house, and she has TOP billing. Meaning she has a very significant part in this movie. Who's to say she doesn't still live in the house, where she has been living. She was at work or something when they pulled up and the earthquake scene happened, but she shows up and Callie is like, Mom WTH happened to this house.

My real issue is with Egon not being in Callie's life (I still don't like her name :roll: ) And with the stuff from GB2, it seems as if Janine and Egon were separated during Callie's life. Or they had her being raised by family (it happens, I'm raising my nephew. He still sees his mom, but not his dad, it's realistic)


__________________

Let's consider the timeline without any of the other lore, movies only. I'm gonna show how I think it could work.

Let's say after the first movie, they DID elope. (If so, I hope to see a picture from the original filming, I would die!) But let's think about what that first year after GB84 looked like:
They firehouse is trashed and expensive fixes have to be made. The containment unit has to be rebuilt. The ghosts have to be recaptured, maybe for free, because it was the GB's responsibility. Then they start getting hit with lawsuits and fines. That's a rough way to start a marriage. Add on to that an unexpected pregnancy. Janine would have to be stressed. And no matter how much she would still love him and still help out, Janine would do what she had to for her daughter. Maybe it was mutual, because there was a VERY REAL possibility that Egon was about to go to jail. But either way, Janine may have had to separate from Egon to get a better job, to stay with family, whatever to stay on her feet financially. She would be the only income.
Somehow, Egon and the guys managed to stay out of jail, though I imagine that they were flat broke after everything. but maybe by then, Egon could see that Janine had things handled on her own and that he would really just be holding her back. Or maybe he got the job at the research place and stayed in the city to recoup money and they just lived too far apart by then.
That doesn't mean they never saw each other, or stopped being in love, they just were trying to survive. Then GB2 happened and the business opened back up. Janine, of course, came back, for the guys and the cause and Egon, possibly leaving Callie with family. Maybe it was supposed to be temporary for her, just until a new office manager could be found. But things got crazy fast and she couldn't leave, it does seem to have been just a few months after all. I still hold that the Louis thing was from the slime. Maybe E/J were playing with the slime together, but it kinda possesses her or something, IDK. Anyway, they may have had a rift after that, where Janine decided to go back to Callie and Egon didn't go with her because he thought they were over at the time. Callie would have been 5 by then. Life continued for a while and E/J drifted together and apart throughout and Callie grew to resent the way it affected her mother. She may have hit a hard rebelious streak over it and "got into some trouble" like she was talking about for Phoebe in the trailer. Maybe she was gifted and went off to a special school somewhere and stopped being around by the time she was about 15, and by then they guys were moving things to the farmhouse to keep up with the Shandor stuff. Egon didn't care about money, so he stayed to watch things, while the others lived life. Janine eventually moved over there with him, because she really didn't have a good reason to stay away now that Callie didn't live with her anymore. She got some local office job or something (maybe she tends phones at the police station...) and took care of him til the end. If Callie was resentful of Egon, and independent enough after leaving home for school early, then it makes sense that she may have only been to Summerville once or twice. She wouldn't want to spend time with her mom and Egon. Then she got her own job in Chicago, had two kids, trying to make ends meet herself...Leaves little time to make amends with family. Then, when she lost her job, she called her mom, still living in the farmhouse, and she was like, just come here, we'll figure it out, it's what we do, and there you go.

__________________________________

So you can see, it's not really got to be so complicated, and it's very realistic, and it incorporates Jason's tendencies to add drama and depth to characters. What happened to them? Life happened.

BTW for this to work, they didn't even have to officially divorce, they could have been married the whole time. :)

And, yes, I did just make this entire film an E/J fanfic, lol

_________________
Peter: "Huh. Guess we're not welcome."
Winston: "Not welcome, there's a first. We should all get nametags that say, 'Hello, I'm not welcome'. Or maybe Tshirts or mugs or something."
--Ghostbusters the video game


Top
   
PostPosted: August 11th, 2021, 4:31 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 7:07 pm
Posts: 769
Zodiac: Virgo
I'm thinking that the fact noone commented on my post means that no one agrees with me.

Based on recent stuff, spoiler pics that seem to corroborate the old reddit spoilers, I'm kinda giving up hope. I feel so down.

My life has been hard and I needed some hope in this, that something would finally come out right.

I feel like digging a hole for myself and climbing into it. :(

_________________
Peter: "Huh. Guess we're not welcome."
Winston: "Not welcome, there's a first. We should all get nametags that say, 'Hello, I'm not welcome'. Or maybe Tshirts or mugs or something."
--Ghostbusters the video game


Top
   
PostPosted: August 11th, 2021, 5:24 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3469
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
ghostdiva wrote:
I'm thinking that the fact noone commented on my post means that no one agrees with me.

Based on recent stuff, spoiler pics that seem to corroborate the old reddit spoilers, I'm kinda giving up hope. I feel so down.

My life has been hard and I needed some hope in this, that something would finally come out right.

I feel like digging a hole for myself and climbing into it. :(


Apologies...I couldn't really think of anything to add to the previous post.

I'm just going to go into this thing with low expectations. If there's some cool stuff I can use I will. And I'll inevitably have Deek give a follow-up report on Timeline 681 that will basically be a movie review in disguise. I don't expect she's going to be pleased by what she sees, but who knows? ("Grife...681 Egon's an ever worse person than I thought!!!")

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: August 17th, 2021, 3:59 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2008, 6:48 pm
Posts: 456
Location: marooned on a small island.
Zodiac: Aquarius
ghostdiva wrote:
I'm thinking that the fact noone commented on my post means that no one agrees with me.

Sorry, I've been spectacularly busy with Real Life crap recently. I'm juggling working with caring and house renovations so it's all go at the mo.

ghostdiva wrote:
He acknowledged that E/J are connected, that she loved him, that she was taking care of him in the end. She is IN the house, and she has TOP billing. Meaning she has a very significant part in this movie. Who's to say she doesn't still live in the house, where she has been living. She was at work or something when they pulled up and the earthquake scene happened, but she shows up and Callie is like, Mom WTH happened to this house.

I would love that to happen. The trailer is only a tiny snippet of the rest of the movie, and I just can't fathom why Annie would have top billing, as you say, without playing some significant role in this film. All those people who think she's just there to hand over the keys to Callie I think are a little misguided.

They've removed Ernie from the billing on the official Ghostbusters Afterlife website, so I'm not sure what's happened there. I hope they haven't cut down his scenes, because Winston deserves some real screentime.

ghostdiva wrote:
Based on recent stuff, spoiler pics that seem to corroborate the old reddit spoilers, I'm kinda giving up hope. I feel so down.


I'm not giving stock to any of the apparent spoilers people have posted about his movie. None of them mentioned the fact that Logan Kim's character is called Podcast, when I think it's such a unique name that most people who've actually seen the film would have mentioned when discussing it. There's also nothing mentioned about a Sentinel Terror Dog, which seems so significant it's been given its own toy line. Most of the stuff they talk about is conjecture from what was already released at the time.

With the recent pictures, the cast moving the equipment were wearing masks and apparently the pictures were taken during recent filming so they clearly aren't part of any movie spoiler that anyone who had seen the movie last year or early this year would have known about anyway.

Try to stay positive - I know life can be tough right now, but we can all get through this.


Fritz wrote:
I'm just going to go into this thing with low expectations. If there's some cool stuff I can use I will. And I'll inevitably have Deek give a follow-up report on Timeline 681 that will basically be a movie review in disguise. I don't expect she's going to be pleased by what she sees, but who knows? ("Grife...681 Egon's an ever worse person than I thought!!!")


Yeah, that's exactly it - keep the expectations low so no disappointments. I mean, I like to speculate just like anyone else, but given the way things have shaken out recently I feel like it's better to just sit back and wait and see what happens. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by some of the stuff I've seen so far, when I was fully expecting next to nothing with Janine and a whole lot of Egon being a deadbeat dad. When Janine turned up in the 2nd trailer, I was totally surprised.

The question is how long can I keep away from Ghostbusters message boards after it's been released to avoid spoilers until I can get around to seeing the movie? Hmmmm. :lol:

_________________
"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.


Top
   
PostPosted: August 27th, 2021, 1:19 am 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 7:07 pm
Posts: 769
Zodiac: Virgo
Well, I saw a spoiler from someone who supposedly saw the movie. How much credibility would you give an anon person online? I've seen no corroborations of what they said anywhere else.

I know I'm driving myself crazy, but my anxiety wants to know!

_________________
Peter: "Huh. Guess we're not welcome."
Winston: "Not welcome, there's a first. We should all get nametags that say, 'Hello, I'm not welcome'. Or maybe Tshirts or mugs or something."
--Ghostbusters the video game


Top
   
PostPosted: August 27th, 2021, 8:25 am 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2008, 6:48 pm
Posts: 456
Location: marooned on a small island.
Zodiac: Aquarius
Maybe to help put your mind at rest at least a little, someone who has seen the movie says that the supposed 4chan 'leak' from the film which mentioned Winston and Janine being married is NOT correct. I'd also add a little legitimacy to this point by saying that Eric from GhostCorps did debunk that particular 'leak' after it came out, but not many people paid attention to that and still seem to think that that 'leak' is real when it isn't.

As for anything else, well... They've just had a screening but it looks to me like everyone who went signed an NDA so we won't be seeing any legitimate spoilers from them. The only thing that I think is important that was mentioned from the screening is that you've got to hang around after the credits finish because there is an end-of-credits sequence.

Generally, the reception seems to be positive, which is good. I just hope the hype train starts up in earnest soon. I'm in the UK, and I don't think the general public have any idea yet that this film is going to be coming out in a couple of months.

_________________
"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.


Top
   
PostPosted: August 27th, 2021, 5:52 pm 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 7:07 pm
Posts: 769
Zodiac: Virgo
nikki wrote:
Maybe to help put your mind at rest at least a little, someone who has seen the movie says that the supposed 4chan 'leak' from the film which mentioned Winston and Janine being married is NOT correct. I'd also add a little legitimacy to this point by saying that Eric from GhostCorps did debunk that particular 'leak' after it came out, but not many people paid attention to that and still seem to think that that 'leak' is real when it isn't.

As for anything else, well... They've just had a screening but it looks to me like everyone who went signed an NDA so we won't be seeing any legitimate spoilers from them. The only thing that I think is important that was mentioned from the screening is that you've got to hang around after the credits finish because there is an end-of-credits sequence.

Generally, the reception seems to be positive, which is good. I just hope the hype train starts up in earnest soon. I'm in the UK, and I don't think the general public have any idea yet that this film is going to be coming out in a couple of months.


Yes, I saw where Eric said that, but how much do we trust that even? What's he gonna say? 'Oh, yep all that's true, sorry they ruined the movie.' Lol. That wouldn't go over well.

I'm referring to something else I saw though.

_________________
Peter: "Huh. Guess we're not welcome."
Winston: "Not welcome, there's a first. We should all get nametags that say, 'Hello, I'm not welcome'. Or maybe Tshirts or mugs or something."
--Ghostbusters the video game


Top
   
PostPosted: September 1st, 2021, 4:07 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3469
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
Another delay, though only a week this time.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2021, 1:22 am 
Offline
I Have No Life
I Have No Life
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2007, 2:20 pm
Posts: 784
Zodiac: Gemini
Image

_________________
Image

Image

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel


Top
   
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2021, 1:16 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Posts: 3469
Location: Indianapolis
Zodiac: Taurus
jason knetge wrote:
Image


Lol...that does pretty much seem to be how some people on GBFans are acting.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next

All times are UTC-05:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
EctoChristmas © 2007,2014 Fritz Baugh
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited