It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:04 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: August 28th, 2019, 9:30 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Actually announced last week, but I suck

Quote:
Today, Sony Pictures Consumer Products announced that Hasbro has been named the master toy licensee for Ghostbusters worldwide. Under the terms of the agreement, Hasbro will create a wide variety of toys inspired by the franchise and its entertainment properties globally designed to appeal to both fans of the original franchise, and a new generation of Ghostbusters around the world. Hasbro’s Ghostbusters line will be available in 2020, aligning with the highly anticipated new Ghostbusters movie that is slated for Summer 2020 in the U.S.

The upcoming product line marks a return to the Ghostbusters franchise by Hasbro. From 1986 to 1991, Kenner, which is now part of Hasbro, created and marketed The Real Ghostbusters toy line, with many of the original developers from Kenner still working with Hasbro. More recently, Hasbro collaborated with Sony Pictures to create the Transformers Generations Collaborative: Ghostbusters Mash-Up Ecto-1 Ectotron. Additionally, a Transformers / Ghostbusters crossover comic series is now available from IDW. These collaborations honor both brands’ 35th anniversaries this year.

The quickest way Hasbro will get money from me is to reissue the RGB Series 1 figures, especially if they use the Power Pack mold to add in Janine. Then add in a line of EGB figures in the same style (including Garrett!) and I'll be delirious. And since it's Hasbro, I can ask for a pony too! They make those!

Of course, their priority will be merchandising the crap out of GB2020, but we can just hope that they'll take a broader view at some point.