It is currently April 16th, 2024, 3:56 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2024, 9:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
The fifth Ghostbusters movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire hits theatres today. It's the fourth movie in the original continuity.

Let'a all hope that it's a massive hit.

Spoilers allowed on this thread, so if you don't want them, quit now. :lol:

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2024, 3:05 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
well, i saw it last night. Im still processing it in my head. I liked it overall but some things bugged me. it was the whole Phoebe not being able to do ghostbusting. { not going to lie I felt it was an insult when peck said she could be a Jr ghostbuster. lol }
They said she had to be benched. Phoebe and everyone else in the movie acted like all there was to ghostbusting was Zappy Zap and Trappy Trap. For me, I felt the only she could not do was put the pack on and use it on a job. Ghostbusting is way more than that to me.
There are a lot of other things she could have done to be a Ghostbuster.
in the cartoon, there were a lot of times they helped some ghosts pass on naturally or resolve some problem that was making the ghost vengeful.
They also help resolve problems by modifying or coming up with new tech. Which was even shown in the film at the end.
In the Cartoon and the first two movies. they show The Ghostbusters doing research for the job they were on. just like in GB2 when we get all the lor on Vego. that had to take hours of research. Phoebe could have been helping with that
also how many times have we herd references to tobin's spirit guide in the cartoon? egon was always looking stuff up.
I felt there was an opportunity for Ray to explain this to her right before the headed off to the museum. saying that research and learning is also another vital part of being a good buster.
witch next bring me to call BS on the aftermath of the museum.
Ray and the kids never went there with the intention of busting anything. They were there just for research. Phoebe only had to use the wand to save Ray and in self-defense from the possessor ghost. A ghost that escaped on the other teams watch i might add.
winston was talking to Phoebe like she intentionally set out to shoot the lion. I felt like come on man. you should know better than that.
when Peck came in and told them they were shutting them down because Phoebe used the equipment. Phoebe could have replied back that she only did it to save Ray and for self-defense. { with i felt was justified.}
That would have left an opportunity for Peck to reply back with "What about a report I have about two teen ghostbusters blowing a hole in a diner? " that was the better example of her doing something she wasn't supposed too

Also, Winston getting on Ray saying he is too old to be going out and doing this stuff.
I felt Ray should have pushed back a little more with my same point. they only went there for research. They didn't intend to do any busting.
at least that would i would have said.
I think that's all I have for now, I might go see it again but I'm still digesting it in my head.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2024, 3:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I have no idea when I'm going to be able to see this one. I saw Afterlife in the theatre mostly because one of my younger brothers treated me as a Christmas present. Other than that...the expense and travel is something of a problem for me. (And it's way too early for Christmas or even my May birthday)

But if nothing else, I should be able to buy the DVD/BluRay when it comes out. I hope I'll see it before then, but can't promise anything.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2024, 6:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Wow. Some of the discussion on GBFans has been really divided:

https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51601

I admit, I really loved this comment from my old friend Brian Reilly (the guy who gave me my first Moderator job back in 2003):

(Inevitably ATC was brought into the discussion, and Brian went off...)

BrianReilly wrote:
It is WILD to me that eight years later, people can still find it in them to be absolutely furious about GB2016, a fine but unremarkable film, and yet also think that Afterlife, a movie that retcons Egon into a deadbeat dad and treats its audience like trained seals who will know to clap whenever Bill Murray says “Flattop”, is the pinnacle of cinema.

:venkman: --That burn will fix the whole Garraka situation

PostPosted: March 25th, 2024, 4:48 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
i hope you can see it soon. I would love to fear your take on it.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel