It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:23 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next
 Post subject: Re: Egon And Janine
PostPosted: May 19th, 2012, 4:25 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Zodiac: Aries
Fritz wrote:
I was a little concerned about Roger when I read #1, but right now I'm not that worried. Check out the Ghostbusters #8 thread for more about that.

Thanks, Fritz. I'll go check it out. :)

PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 10:13 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Sagittarius
Hi Anna! Welcome! :)

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 3:55 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

I adore these two, their relationship is one of my favourite in fiction, and I've only just joined the fandom. I'm not that far in the cartoon (I'm refusing to go beyond season 2 because I heard about how bad it gets), and I have yet to read any comics, where do they get married?

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 8:03 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
ghostbuster-cahill wrote:
I adore these two, their relationship is one of my favourite in fiction, and I've only just joined the fandom. I'm not that far in the cartoon (I'm refusing to go beyond season 2 because I heard about how bad it gets), and I have yet to read any comics, where do they get married?

There are a few post-Season 2 episodes you should consider. The biggest one is the Season 6 episode "Janine, You've Changed".

There's never been an official wedding, though some have said that by Extreme Ghostbusters (EGB) they do act like a married couple at times.

There have been various fan fic weddings; the one I did is linked in my signature. There are parts that might not make sense without a lot of knowledge about both cartoons and the fan fic that proceeded it, but I hope it wouldn't leave you completely lost either.

Hope this is helpful.
:)

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 5:23 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Capricorn

Don't be afraid, just go watch and have fun! There are very good episodes also in the latter series (except from the eps with those Junior Ghostbusters and the Slimer sub-serie, imho).

Offcourse you'll have to withstand the voice acting changes, drawing style changes and the complete rape of Janine's character (get used to the idea that she becomes kinda useless =.=" ) but the plot of many episodes is really worthy watching (: a couple of my faves are in season 4-6

Fritz wrote:
There's never been an official wedding, though some have said that by Extreme Ghostbusters (EGB) they do act like a married couple at times.

One day, years ago, I turned on the tv and they were broadcasting EGB. I had never seen it and my first thought was: "omg finally! now they'll show that they got married!"
Then my hopes were shattered and I refused to watch further than ep 3 (and only because that day it was the "premiere" and italian television decided to throw three eps in a row).
This is one of the cases where the producers should go take a look at the fandom and actually take a few hints.

Sorry for the vent, I couldn't resist XD this is a topic that makes my blood fire up.

I want to forget it all, but I can't, how is this feeling called?
My chest seems to make noises, it brings me memories
How can I call this feeling?

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 9:58 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Well the blokes in charge tend think either A) Romantic confirmation will drive away the male audience, or B) The couple wont be interesting if they go beyond sexual tension. Both those situations are easily avoided so long as the writing is good and the romance doesn't become the central plot, but studio executives are a suspicious and cowardly lot and often lack good writers because they only like to hire writers that will listen to them and jump at their beck and call, instead of hiring good writers who know what plots and characters will work and will argue if the quality of writing is threatened by executive meddling.
So no EgonxJanine for us outside of a buttload of hints.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 10:45 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

sadly I think the main problem is Ramis (a.k.a. the Devil). He's strongly against this pairing (that he created lol!) and I think he was the one who cockblocked his own character.

Maybe Fritz knows more about this... since I'm only as old as the cartoon and I don't live in the US (here the fandom is dead) I miss a lot of juicy gossips and rumors.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 11:09 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Would Harold Ramis really have that much control over the cartoon though?

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 11:11 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

He does old the copyright... so I don't think I could be convinced he's innocent xD

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 1:31 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Grace wrote:
One day, years ago, I turned on the tv and they were broadcasting EGB. I had never seen it and my first thought was: "omg finally! now they'll show that they got married!"
Then my hopes were shattered and I refused to watch further than ep 3 (and only because that day it was the "premiere" and italian television decided to throw three eps in a row).
This is one of the cases where the producers should go take a look at the fandom and actually take a few hints.

Sorry for the vent, I couldn't resist XD this is a topic that makes my blood fire up..

your not the only one that got pissed at that.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 1:33 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

jason knetge wrote:
your not the only one that got pissed at that.

amen =.= glad to know i'm not the only one

PostPosted: September 12th, 2013, 2:29 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

(My first post!) Ah yes, Egon and Janine, my first and most beloved ship. :)

I remember being so insanely furious that they never hooked up on screen (or in print, or...) that I took it upon myself to draw up the best fan art a six year old can muster and go crazy. In fact, I credit my going into illustration as an adult to the years of Ghostbusters fan art I cranked out for so long!

I saw XGB before RGB because I was born a little too late to catch the full glory of the franchise, but m parents were huge nerds and got me loads of VHS recorded tapes, so I've seen every episode that exists, even the insanely terrible Slimer and the Real Ghistbusters fiasco.

I remember yelling my television so loud during the Cohila episode that my parents almost turned the TV off because they thought it was upsetting me! Ah, little did they know, I'd rewatch everything years later and still yell at the screen!

Man, I am sure hoping that the IDW comics will keep feeding the shippers, but I doubt it, with all the Sony control and of course Ramis' dislike of the pairing. :(

PostPosted: September 12th, 2013, 5:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Lol..yeah, you're gonna fit in just fine around here.

:)

PostPosted: September 12th, 2013, 5:24 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

needsmorecoffee wrote:
I remember yelling my television so loud during the Cohila episode that my parents almost turned the TV off because they thought it was upsetting me! Ah, little did they know, I'd rewatch everything years later and still yell at the screen!

I get what you mean. The Cohila episode got me tearing at my hair. But I think the IDW comics is doing a good job of feeding the shippers so far.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2013, 6:58 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

am I the only one getting a rash whenever EGB is mentioned? .__.
(and especially the idiotic E/J in the EGB)

((and yes, I've come back from my grave. Who ya gonna call??))

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next