It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:44 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Which actress portrayed the best Janine?
Annie Potts 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Laura Summer 53%  53%  [ 9 ]
Kath Soucie 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Pat Musick 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
Total votes: 17
 Post subject: Re: Janine poll
PostPosted: May 26th, 2008, 2:41 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
I think maybe just the voce

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: September 18th, 2008, 7:14 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Cancer
Laura Summer hands down!

PostPosted: December 14th, 2009, 9:50 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
I voted Laura Summer, then came back and voted for Annie Potts, if it wern't for Annie, Laura wouldn't have had a role.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but making the Administrator wrong about something is a bannable offense here. Goodbye.

Quote:
You are the weakest link, goodbye

or maybe, you are making me wrong, goodbye.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2009, 4:36 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
rgbforever wrote:
Michele wrote:
I might be in the minority here, but I always liked the Kath Soucie version of Janine. I honestly thought this version of Janine had the best chemistry with Egon in RGB episodes such as The Copycat, Camping It Out, and The Brooklyn Triangle. :)

Well, those were fabulous E/J episodes in general, regardless of what Janine it was...I noticed that Egon also seems more 'relaxed' around the Kath Soucie Janine, probably because she's less forward and a little less intimidating. When E/J finally get together I always think it happened during the Kathie Soucie years, as those episodes he seemed the most comfortable around her. But I also hope that his initial attraction came from the strength and fire of the Laura Summer Janine. Yes folks, I have it all figured out. 8-)

I still think Kathie Soucie's best Janine moment was in the Grundel during the "I love you the most" scene. A sweet moment of redemption, the old Janine spunk and 'tude rears it's head again ("nobody messes with Melnitz!"), thanks to none other than JMS. ;) I gotta say -- a Kathie Soucie Janine written by JMS has gotta be right behind, if not neck and neck with Laura Summer's original Janine...a moment of brilliance...too bad we didn't see more of them in the later seasons. :roll:

Yeah never could understand why everyone was bashing Kath as her job was to make the character safer. She can do the same as Laura if given a script like it. So it really comes down to who wrote the episode.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2009, 4:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=339

It's just funny how you put that, because it reminded me of something from that "Min-Bio". They talked about Kath Soucie replaced Laura Summer and said "Well, okay, but Kath Soucie has done plenty of brassy, assertive characters, and she's good with accents, how bad could it be?" And of course followed with a clip of Mommy!Janine being a doormat and sounding, as they snarked, "Like a fifteen year old girl".

I think far more than Venkman, this was solely a case of bad writing ruining the character. Kath probably could have done quite well if they'd told her to play it just like GB1 and Laura Summer's version--but that wasn't her mandate. It was "Kath, your character is a complete milquetoast"