It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:38 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: October 18th, 2012, 2:45 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
rgbforever wrote:
I personally like the animation from the 80's...there was just an 'earthiness' and 'authenticity' to it that I find is missing from animation these days...which is how it is with most things when they are done more by hand and less by computer...

But that's just me. And I don't expect, or need, everyone to agree with me on that.

I re-read Ramis' comment and am trying to see it for what it actually says...which is dissing the animation style, not the actual writing, etc. Because I think that the writers, particularly from the first two seasons, did a damn good job in making a cartoon that was entertaining to children, teens and even adults...there was a maturity to RGB that most cartoons didn't have back in the 80's...and it even translates well today...and of course there is an entirely different vibe to the 15 minute Chuck Jones style Slimer! shorts and the original RGB episodes...they did a great job at maintaining the integrity of firehouse and some of the personalities (notice I said 'some') of the main characters...I could see many of the RGB episodes either made into movies or really happening in the Ghostbusters Universe. So I think it is hard to hear Ramis cut up one of the few things that have extended the life of his baby "Ghostbusters" and helped maintain an interest and following to this day, but when you really look at his comment, he's only referring to the animation style (I hope...actually, let me go and read the actual whole article) which is only his personal opinion re: the style of animation, and hopefully not a knock to the whole RGB enterprise.

I'm with you on this one.